View Full Version : Get Ready!
YoungChazz
07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
The biggest announcement X Factory has ever made is coming in about two weeks. Paul and I will have our heads down working our wazoos off for the next 10 - 14 days straight to bring you the biggest thing X Factory has ever done. Going in to work now -- Sunday -- and will probably miss most of the Super Bowl because this is far more important.
Stand by!
jimmy
07-02-2010, 06:12 PM
New 4WD! YAY!
alexb4
07-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Cant wait :thumbsup: hope its going to be designed for lipo use
They are making their own Dremmel?? :woot:
usagi
07-02-2010, 08:14 PM
They are making their own Dremmel?? :woot:
Nah.....medical supplies...to cope with all the Dremmel accidents that have happened last season :p
sparrow.2
07-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Special UK Edition brass chassis and wishbones so you guys can run your cars even heavier :p
Darren Boyle
07-02-2010, 10:10 PM
You are all so funny LOL :D
However, even the serious guesses are still wrong sadly.........
No Brass, No new Dremel, No Medical supplies.......... :woot:
jimmy
07-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Is it a new range of Chris Long Tshirts? I really want one!
Darren Boyle
07-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Just one Jimmy?? I have about 10 old ones left if you want them :woot:
jimmy
07-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I see a deal in our future! :woot:
James
07-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Are there any Tom Cockerill ones, are there, are there :wub
jim76
07-02-2010, 10:34 PM
hmm, wide stab in the dark that it will be a new complete 2wd kit, not needing a donor.
panch
07-02-2010, 10:41 PM
hmm, wide stab in the dark that it will be a new complete 2wd kit, not needing a donor.
Like the idea of this, heard similar whispers at the track today...fingers crossed :thumbsup:
MikePimlott
07-02-2010, 10:47 PM
hmm, wide stab in the dark that it will be a new complete 2wd kit, not needing a donor.
Boring :p
Wheres this completely new 4WD :thumbsup:
brokkenpiloot
08-02-2010, 07:42 AM
A complete 2wd kit would be the sensible thing to do. Especially Now schumacher is offering complete midmotor car kits for a fair price.
Northy
08-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Is it a new range of Chris Long Tshirts? I really want one!
Are there any Tom Cockerill ones, are there, are there :wub
I'd like one of each of these :cry:
G
Jonesy
08-02-2010, 09:03 AM
I'd like one of each of these :cry:
G
I'd be quite happy wearing them too :wub
Oscar
08-02-2010, 10:57 AM
I agree, must be the coolest ever T-shirts, maybe UBER cool when worn inside out:)
Have X Factory ever considered releasing a range of team driver leotards??
Weetabix
09-02-2010, 07:28 PM
A complete 2wd kit would be the sensible thing to do. Especially Now schumacher is offering complete midmotor car kits for a fair price.
Seeing as it is X Factory will probably cost a small fortune!
coolcars782
09-02-2010, 07:32 PM
I agree, must be the coolest ever T-shirts, maybe UBER cool when worn inside out:)
Have X Factory ever considered releasing a range of team driver leotards??
John we dont want to see you in a leotard :lol:
Darren Boyle
09-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Seeing as it is X Factory will probably cost a small fortune!
Maybe you will be surprised!!
Not quite sure what fuels your comment though most of what X-Factory produce is inline price wise with all other brands and in many cases cheaper.......
blitzboy
09-02-2010, 11:38 PM
aw that s it i m not going to sleep now :p
well, if it is cheaper than a Stafford edition and a new B4FT, then it is a bargain.... :lol:
Darren Boyle
09-02-2010, 11:41 PM
So you will be buying lots then!!!
Not long to wait now and all will be announced.....
blitzboy
09-02-2010, 11:48 PM
want want want want memememememememeemememe yeyeyeyeey :p feel like a kid in a sweet shop and i dont even know what going on woooohooooo keep up the good work guys
Darren Boyle
09-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Stay off the crack G !!! LOL :woot:
want want want want memememememememeemememe yeyeyeyeey :p feel like a kid in a sweet shop and i dont even know what going on woooohooooo keep up the good work guys
Switch to Faskolor and get off them smelly paints!!!... I used some smelly stuff tonight, strewth... singed me nostril hair!
Darren Boyle
10-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Switch to Faskolor and get off them smelly paints!!!... I used some smelly stuff tonight, strewth... singed me nostril hair! I think G must be on more than just smelly paint somtimes....... LOL
blitzboy
10-02-2010, 01:04 AM
mmmmmmmmmm faskolour my favourte flavour ,,, i think s the chrome that does this to me guys but im still excited woop woop can t wait what s it plllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssss sssseeeee tell us :thumbsup:
Cooper
10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
The biggest announcement X Factory has ever made is coming in about two weeks.
A bodyshell that is NOT ugly!
mark christopher
10-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I agree, must be the coolest ever T-shirts, maybe UBER cool when worn inside out:)
Have X Factory ever considered releasing a range of team driver leotards??
i heard they were doing borat thongs, :woot:
jim76
10-02-2010, 12:17 PM
A bodyshell that is NOT ugly!
ha ha ha!! that was quality, and sooooo true!
Darren Boyle
10-02-2010, 12:48 PM
A bodyshell that is NOT ugly!
"Different" is not the same as ugly, I quite like the X6 shape, was not a fan at first glance, but now I approve. Wait till you see the new bosy we have coming from one of our other supplies later this week.
Now the X5 on the other hand..............that WAS UGLY!!! LOL
burgie
10-02-2010, 02:15 PM
it must be 'cos I need glasses or something, but I think the X6 bodyshell is one of the better looking ones out there. It has a sort of retro feel about it that I like.
It's far better than those azarharishibushi things or whatever they are called. I am really not a fan of that style of shell.
bigred5765
10-02-2010, 02:24 PM
it must be 'cos I need glasses or something, but I think the X6 bodyshell is one of the better looking ones out there. It has a sort of retro feel about it that I like.
It's far better than those azarharishibushi things or whatever they are called. I am really not a fan of that style of shell.
lol i know the ones you mean chris,they come with wide load stickers:woot:
Cooper
10-02-2010, 03:43 PM
it must be 'cos I need glasses or something, but I think the X6 bodyshell is one of the better looking ones out there. It has a sort of retro feel about it that I like.
It's far better than those azarharishibushi things or whatever they are called. I am really not a fan of that style of shell.
Yeah azarawazawashi shells are even shitter!
must admit that with black sides the X6 shell is 'ok'.
YoungChazz
10-02-2010, 05:51 PM
I think when the X - 6 shell is where it usually is, leading the race, it looks wonderful. Stand next to the trophy girl with the big hardware and the body looks great.
As to the X - 5, if I'm not mistaken that "ugly" old car won a National last year. Hmm, let's see. X - 5 4th and 8th in the 2009 overall standings. Still pretty, and fast too, I'd say.
With X Factory you get to stand next to more trophy girls.
Now back to work on the project. Let's see, where did I put that box of broached Lunsford titanium ball studs?
Danosborne6661
10-02-2010, 06:07 PM
We already established your cars work Chazz, the shells arn't quite as good as the performance though LOL
V-Rossi
10-02-2010, 06:16 PM
As to the X - 5, if I'm not mistaken that "ugly" old car won a National last year. Hmm, let's see. X - 5 4th and 8th in the 2009 overall standings. Still pretty, and fast too, I'd say.
With X Factory you get to stand next to more trophy girls.
I'm not finding the link between the looks of a body and the performance. The X-5 would have won that National with a Losi 8ight body too, only difference is that the driver wouldn't be ashamed of it when pictures are taken :)
Do you have some of those fast bodies in stock? I'll have one to make the A final at the next Euros.
Darren Boyle
10-02-2010, 07:01 PM
I think Chazz is trying to say that "functionality" came before good looks in the "high priority list" (especially with the X6 - cannot say I agree with the X5 though :D)
The body was designed with aerodynamics and rear downforce as the number 1 goal, if it looked good too when finished then great, if it didn't, then too bad. But getting it to make the car(s) go fast(er) was the main objective and his way of portraying that is to remind us all how fast the cars have been (and still are) as a result.......
grelland
10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I think Chazz is trying to say that "functionality" came before good looks in the "high priority list" (especially with the X6 - cannot say I agree with the X5 though :D)
The body was designed with aerodynamics and rear downforce as the number 1 goal, if it looked good too when finished then great, if it didn't, then too bad. But getting it to make the car(s) go fast(er) was the main objective and his way of portraying that is to remind us all how fast the cars have been (and still are) as a result.......
OK, so how about a combination then, fast AND pretty :)
Cooper
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I think when the X - 6 shell is where it usually is, leading the race, it looks wonderful. Stand next to the trophy girl with the big hardware and the body looks great..
With X Factory you get to stand next to more trophy girls.
Trophy girls in RC-racing are 90% of the time just as ugly as the X6 shell ;-).
hihihi
Am I going to be kicked out of the family for not liking it? héhéhéhé
coolcars782
10-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Wheres these trophy girls, we want some in the south west :woot:, Jaquie Rowcliffe isnt what i want :(
Richard Lowe
11-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Stand next to the trophy girl with the big hardware...
Are we talking trophy's here or... :thumbsup:
YoungChazz
11-02-2010, 11:47 PM
At last! Some one who understands me...
sime46
15-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Any news on the erm.... news?
shark
16-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Any news on the erm.... news?Guess not then !!!
sime46
16-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Good to see the X factory hype machine going into overdrive. Cougar anyone?
Darren Boyle
17-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Be patient guys, good things come to those who wait......
There is a VERY good reason why Chazz has been quiet these past few days and that is he is in the final stgaes of preparring what he has dropped the hint on.
You do have to remember that X-Factory is a TINY company compared to ALL other R/C car manufacturers with just three people working there in total, and things like PRESS RELEASES, writing instruction manuals etc etc just take that little bit longer to finish than they do in larger companies. Trust me, it will be worth the small wait and will turn some heads when ready, dont all rush out to secure your Cougars just yet SIME ;), LOL..........
Remember which cars were shown to you first from the new crop that are coming (Cougar, Durango etc) and lets see who has product available on the market to purchase first.... then we can see which brands have the hype in overdrive and which delivers the goods (and results of course).
Tom3012
17-02-2010, 02:21 AM
So i should cancel my order for a cougar for an X6 cubed?
Cooper
17-02-2010, 08:40 AM
So i should cancel my order for a cougar for an X6 cubed?
whahahahahahahahha
Twister
17-02-2010, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=DMS Racing;345219]Be patient guys, good things come to those who wait......
well, we clearly don´t have choice there ha ha just wait and see.. but Dang! it sounds great.:woot:
YoungChazz
17-02-2010, 06:42 PM
We at X Factory work very hard to be certain there is no "hype." You have heard no more from us on this new product because we don't have every part in hand. Yes, the last four or five items are on their way, but not actually here yet. The box label is done. The instructions are mostly done, but not quite finished. The boxes are on order.
When we actually have it all in our hands and it is put together so we know exactly what we are selling, then you will know. In fact, there will be a press release in a few days telling you everything we know for certain at that time. No hype.
mikeyscott
17-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Mmm it's either a head to head for the Cougar or the new 4WD. Hope it's the head to head against the Cougar...
Cooper
17-02-2010, 07:21 PM
http://www.musicmaniacs.be/uploads/Musicmaniacs/contests/n/9/Get-Ready2!.jpg
MikePimlott
17-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Mmm it's either a head to head for the Cougar or the new 4WD. Hope it's the head to head against the Cougar...
I dont think theres been any 4wd testing going on so i dont think theres any possibility of this being mass produced yet.
Complete 2wd kit. No donor car needed. :)
mikeyscott
17-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I dont think theres been any 4wd testing going on so i dont think theres any possibility of this being mass produced yet.
Complete 2wd kit. No donor car needed. :)
Done a deal with Associated for supply or something too.. I mean associated are in a win win situation. In order for an X6 you need a B4 etc.
Will be interesting to see the price.
at a guess, I would say, complete 2wd car, as they most of one, just front end and steering, plus gears.
Cooper
17-02-2010, 08:03 PM
laydown shocks !
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_6J6Viu0M2HQ/Svxzo9V9bBI/AAAAAAAAKNY/3P1c2wVUIBY/s640/IMG_8255.jpg
panch
17-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd say that the clue is in Darren's post...
"Remember which cars were shown to you first from the new crop that are coming (Cougar, Durango etc) and lets see who has product available on the market to purchase first"
But I could be and am usually wrong lol :thumbsup:
Darren, How much for the new front end please, Ill take one on pre-order :thumbsup:
Darren Boyle
17-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I dont think theres been any 4wd testing going on
Has there not? :woot: I might have to post a web link up tommorow on that one (if allowed to)
Darren Boyle
17-02-2010, 11:25 PM
I'd say that the clue is in Darren's post...
"Remember which cars were shown to you first from the new crop that are coming (Cougar, Durango etc) and lets see who has product available on the market to purchase first"
But I could be and am usually wrong lol :thumbsup:
Darren, How much for the new front end please, Ill take one on pre-order :thumbsup:
If we did a "new front end" people would just complain they have to buy more stuff though :woot:. When it comes to the X6 hop ups get frowned upon by a synical few (yet the same optional parts fitted on other brands seem to be OK). At least the X6 is not the car that has the most expensive amount of brass weights kits available to buy for it now :D
Darren Boyle
17-02-2010, 11:29 PM
After my last two "tongue in cheek" posts, some seriousness........
The announcment that Chazz started this whole thread with last week (and said it would be in approx 2 weeks time) "should" be available for general release tommorow (late for us in the UK due to the time differance between here and the USA) if the last few pieces come together in time for Chazz to complete it. Rest assured I will ensure that oOple is the first place to know if it happens...
ScottyP
17-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Has there not? :woot: I might have to post a web link up tommorow on that one (if allowed to)
It's public information, so guess I'm 'allowed' :-)
http://crcrc.blogspot.com/2010/02/x-factory-4wd-testing-spied-at-crcrc.html
Cheers,
Scott
ScottyP
17-02-2010, 11:50 PM
If, as most suspect, the announcement is about a complete 2wd kit (and I hope it is!) then my main curiosity is what shocks the car will come with? It seems most people prefer Losi shocks, but that would involve X-Factory setting up two supply deals, which would be less economical and also raise supply chain issues.
I suspect the preference for Losi shocks is also more of a legacy thing since the X-5 was a Losi-based kit. Obviously this is not the case with the X-6.
I guess we'll just have to wait for the -shocking- news.
Cheers,
Scott
Garry Driffill
18-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I do wonder if the car will be a similer layout to the CAT SX with a motor thats centre of the 4 wheels and tighter in with off set pullys?
Smartalec
18-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Ellis had a bag of bits that were rumoured to be a four wheel drive at Eden Park a couple of weeks ago ..............not sure whether that was before or after he'd tested it :woot:
big smithy
18-02-2010, 07:36 PM
TRUST ME this will make the cougar look cheap ;)
Darren Boyle
18-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I very much doubt it ;) the Cougar dont look that bad in quality............ LOL
mikeyscott
18-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Similar price I reckon..
Darren Boyle
18-02-2010, 07:45 PM
No slighly more, but check out the spec (over £55 of Lunsford Titanium hex head ball studs included alone!!!) which makes most of the differnace up in just one part!!! Any car shipped half way around the world will rarely stand ANY chance of being as cheap here in the UK (unless you sacrifice quality like some brands are starting too)
It is the saem story the other around in the States the Cougar is twice the price of anyhting else once it is shipped there.....
Full news can now be seen HERE http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40340
Lee Martin
19-02-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.redrc.net/2010/02/x-factory-to-release-complete-x-6-squared-kit/
ae shocks huh?
bigred5765
19-02-2010, 12:37 PM
TRUST ME this will make the cougar look cheap ;)
REALLY:confused:
big smithy
19-02-2010, 01:12 PM
REALLY:confused:
street price £50 + cheaper plus £30 worth of wheels/tryes/inserts that are used the cougar sounds like a bargain to me :)
bigred5765
19-02-2010, 01:18 PM
street price £50 + cheaper plus £30 worth of wheels/tryes/inserts that are used the cougar sounds like a bargain to me :)
sorry read your post wrong
Darren Boyle
19-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Produced in the UK without import duty and shipping on the finished product, it SHOULD be cheaper.
Thats without taking into account parts included in our kit found in no other like the £55 worth of titanium ballstuds alone.....
Cooper
19-02-2010, 02:59 PM
P
Thats without taking into account parts included in our kit found in no other like the £55 worth of titanium ballstuds alone.....
To be honest, I've never broken an Asso ball stud, I did break some losi's (black ones).
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.