View Full Version : rc18 mark 2
watfordtrackwarrior
08-02-2010, 09:00 PM
hi guys has any 1 heard anything about the rc18b/t mark 2 eg when is its uk release date/rrp how many versions will there b saw some pics on line new buggy body looks awesome:D
rc_dan
11-02-2010, 09:40 PM
pics ???
Just saw them on Red RC. They are the buggy and ST versions of the SC18, really. The buggy shell looks wicked.
http://www.redrc.net/2010/02/associated-rc18t2b2-2-choices-1-kit/#more-28271
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/AssoRC18Duo-1.jpg
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/AssoRC18Duo-2.jpg
Oh...
They're still nice though. :thumbsup:
ashleyb4
23-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Mini xxx4
A
c0sie
23-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Mini xxx4
A
Except it is an Associated, and therefore isnt a mini-XXX4......
:confused:
Darren Boyle
23-02-2010, 01:03 PM
To be fair to Ash though Cris it is VERY similiar in looks and layout to an old XXX4, could be quite good when it gets here in the right hands.......
c0sie
23-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I just dislike Ash's constant "the world would be a better place if everything in the world was made my Losi" rambles :)
For sure, it'll be interesting to see whether the lil' RC18v2 can cut the mustard at next season's Nats :)
Darren Boyle
23-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey kids are allowed to dream.................. Besides Ash is not just pro Losi any more.....he now loves Atomic Carbon too :D LOL
Not sure if the car will be a national winner but could be quite good at club level etc though and will hopefully be a LOT cheaper than a basic Shark to start out with.
frogger
23-02-2010, 01:37 PM
When are we likely to see these appearing and for how much Darren?
Darren Boyle
23-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Carl, all I know at the moment is the same as you guys, I spoke with CML last week about them and there was no fixed date then, might know more this week.
Mini-JT
23-02-2010, 03:50 PM
....
I think a lot of us think "mini XXX4" because of that little window showing the spur. There's two belts in there though (that rear one must be really short).
Mini-JT
24-02-2010, 10:23 AM
....
Thanks, Mini-JT.
It's nowhere near Oople quality, but I have big plans to improve it. I get inspiration from Oople, Big Squid RC, the old one18th forums and some personal RC blogs and sites, like your old one (what happened to it?).
Coming back to the topic a little, I'll probably end up writing a build-up of this new kit (unless someone sensible talks me out of buying it).
Matt_N
25-02-2010, 03:49 AM
When are we likely to see these appearing and for how much
Aparently released February 22nd in the US, with an MSRP of $199.99 for the team kit that includes the parts to make both the T2 and B2
Matt
ashleyb4
25-02-2010, 03:54 AM
he now loves Atomic Carbon too :D LOL
Wouldnt go that far... Plus cris i love my rc18r I constantly rally it about its a beast...
A
Mini-JT
25-02-2010, 04:51 PM
....
sldmodels
26-02-2010, 10:54 AM
I do like the look of it, but that's based mainly on that amazing buggy shell. Apart from the belt though, I can't see much obvious difference between it and the original. On that basis, shouldn't it have been called something like the RC18 1.5?
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 05:21 PM
I just dislike Ash's constant "the world would be a better place if everything in the world was made my Losi" rambles
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Latest "word" on the TowerHobbies site is mid-April.....we'll see
Then again, for anybody that just has to have one, the SC18 is out and available and since the other running gear (other than chassis and driveline) appears that it is just going to be old standard RC18 bits it seems as if someone with enough initiative could have one cobbled together by now. :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.