PDA

View Full Version : shark help


sldmodels
14-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Help! I'm after the flanged washers for the blaze / shark. The ones I'm thinking of look like brass, and make the mounting hole for the wheels small enough so they fit the blaze or shark. Does anyone know what I'm on about? I have a photo of one if need be, just need to get it off my phone.

Tofuman
14-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Is it these,

http://www.rcmodelimports.co.uk/com/product_info.php?cPath=362_176_300&products_id=2075

If not have know idea, post the pic.

frogger
14-02-2010, 12:01 PM
I know the ones you are talking about, I think you can only buy them with RC18 wheel adapters which are about £10. I know that because I was desperate for some recently and that's the only way I could get some :(

At Wycombe the guys have taken 4mm pop rivets, then remove the middle pin bit by knocking it out and just cut the left over bit to the correct length. Very easy to make and dirt cheap.

sldmodels
14-02-2010, 02:32 PM
No to Tofuman, yes to Frogger. Wym told me on my facebook earlier. That means I've got some at the shop in the rc18 thingies. Ben said that rcbearings might do them, so I emailed them last night about it. I've also asked Cain and told him to get himself down to Hereford next month.

I'll try getting the photo up as well, it might help more.

sldmodels
15-02-2010, 03:11 PM
problem sorted, but I was wondering if anyone had properly measured the stub axle? we might be able to get the mounting holes made to a smaller size.

rocketrob
06-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Don't know that this answers this query specifically.....

.......but knowing there has been an issue with the "threaded axle-style" CVDs snapping, and thus so many guys going back to the old-style CVDs and screws/bolts to attach their wheels..... and last year sometime I came up with this FIX, and I've been using it since without a single failure.

Still using the old-style axles, but instead of screws/bolts to attach the wheels (and incessant use of lock-tite) I located some hardened 2.6mm bolts intended to mount a nitro head on a motor.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001628163&I=LXMMK8&P=K
I screw these into my CVDs, applying red loctite so they don't come loose, and then dremel them off to my required length.... and then use any 2.6mm locnut.

As I've suggested, I've been using this modification for a year now on mine and (knock on wood) not a single failure despite repeated barrier shots, etc.


- hope it helps some of you chaps :thumbsup:

sldmodels
07-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Well, I've measured the axle now, and am getting the sizes of to a wheel manufacturer, so hopefully should be getting some wheels made to size. I don't know how easy that might be for them, but they seemed to imply it was simple enough to do if needed.