PDA

View Full Version : FTX PHANTOM 12th??


DNC
14-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Hi Guys
Could anyone help with a set up for this car. I haven't run the car yet!
The kit came with green tyres all round. I will change to purple front/grey rear. Not sure how to change the front ride height?

Chequered Flag Racing
14-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Not sure how to change the front ride height?

Remove the 2 screws in each lower arm and insert a spacer that should have come with the car. This will lower the front end. You should aim for no less than 3mm front & rear. £1 coin is a good guide.

spacers will look similar the ones in this pic

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:eDc04vMV-_1FPM:http://rc4less.com/images/IRS4221%2520Front%2520Lower%2520Suspension%2520Arm s.jpg

another type of front ride height shim

http://www.actionmodelcentre.co.uk/prodimages/4262-rideheightshims-L.jpg

read this http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?page_id=65

greasy mark
14-02-2010, 08:28 PM
fiber lite also do a set of shims for this

Chequered Flag Racing
15-02-2010, 02:33 PM
fiber lite also do a set of shims for this

I use to get them cut and sell them, they were better than the ones by Fibre-Lyte, although they cut mine. Much easier to use. Action Model Centre now own the pattern I had. I'll see if I can find a picture.

DNC
19-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Thats all really useful info thanks
Had my first outing with the FTX this week! Its awesome fun! Think I could get addicted to 12th?? though I did break a wishbone. It now has a complete L4 front end and body posts! The associated parts look my stronger!

rich67
19-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Check out associated L4 setups as its virtually the same car but not carbon.

Chequered Flag Racing
19-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Thats all really useful info thanks
Had my first outing with the FTX this week! Its awesome fun! Think I could get addicted to 12th?? though

you will :thumbsup:

though I did break a wishbone. It now has a complete L4 front end and body posts! The associated parts look my stronger!

they are stonger and a whole lot better car

read this
http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?page_id=65

and read and print this
http://richardchang.com/hobby.php?topic=112setup

DNC
23-02-2010, 06:57 PM
any ideas on which brushless system to fit??