PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Selling Advice Needed


gaza121
15-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Im due to sell one of my rebuilt Landrovers shortly on ebay and need some advice, Ideally Im after around £3200/3800 for it.

However I would like to set a reserve of atleast £3000 for it.

Is it possible to start the bidding at say £2000 to get people interested?


Has anyone else sold a car via ebay as any help is appreciated:thumbsup:

Cheers

Gary

bodgit
15-02-2010, 01:16 PM
You can start the bidding at any price you want and set a reserve. Or just get a few mates to bid it up to £2000 . I think a starting price adds to the fee,s.

Col
15-02-2010, 01:50 PM
If you're putting a reserve on there is no point having a starting price.

peetbee
15-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Agree with Col, if you start the price below the reserve you'll get bombarded with emails asking what the reserve is anyway.
Personally, having sold a few cars over the years on ebay, I don't think it helps it sell any better.