View Full Version : Balls!
Ok, my B4 FT diff plates are badly grooved and I presume the balls knackered. Anybody got any recommendations for any diff balls and plates (and thrust bearing balls/plates) that are more durable and offer a smoother diff operation than the original items. Cheers.
sparrow.2
25-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Just get yourself a diff rebuild kit and some of the excellent Vampire ceramic balls from DMS for the diff and thrust bearing.
Supersmooth and last ages.
Zipper
25-02-2010, 09:05 PM
www.ghostrc.co.uk (http://www.ghostrc.co.uk)
Battle_axe
25-02-2010, 09:06 PM
the balls will be fine i would think i just put edit balls in my losi though there good value and super smooth
CODMAN
26-02-2010, 12:54 AM
These guys make excellent products...
http://www.bfastrc.com/
colmo
26-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I just ordered a ton of ceramic diff balls from the ebay seller MO BEARINGS in Macau, China. Combined postage is excellent, I just hope the balls are too....
ian h
26-02-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm using the atomic carbon diff balls, they are superb, smoothest diff I ever had!!! :thumbsup:
B-Fast R/C
26-02-2010, 02:30 AM
These guys make excellent products...
http://www.bfastrc.com/
Thank you for the complement. :blush:
The rings are very critical in determining if the diff is smooth and how long it will last. The flatter the better.
millzy
26-02-2010, 02:37 PM
These guys make excellent products...
http://www.bfastrc.com/
i would go for the b fast plates and balls as well
you may want to changed the diff gear as it might have ovaled
Bugle
28-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Grooved plates are better, just rebuild it and it'll be much smoother.. Never had carbide balls (standard) wear out.
super__dan
28-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Grooved plates are better,
As in ones that have worn to a groove or do you know of ones that are grooved new. If worn then I couldn't disagree more.
Never had carbide balls (standard) wear out.
That may be true for you but they do.
I agree with Mr Sparrow below, rebuild kit with Vampire balls.
Bugle
28-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah ones that have a groove worn into them are better. More surface area for the balls to grip on so they won't slip, and they keep getting smoother.
I've got an RC10T2 (same diff as the B4) which I got new in 1995, it's done more running than any other RC car i've got, running on the original diff rings with nice grooves worn in them, and the original carbide balls, and it's the smoothest diff i've got.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.