View Full Version : Stick Conversion
salmon
04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Just fitted the orange steering arms and although I haven't raced it yet the difference in steering lock seems dramatic so defo money well spent! Anyhow as part of this I obviously need to swap to stick pack layout (can't understand why they don't do this conversion for the saddle layout and why nothing is offered to strap them down..)
I'm running nimh's so need to order something to hold the batteries down. I'm think I'm going to order a cat sx battery brace, however does anyone know if this will work with the standard pred posts or do I need to order cat ones of these are well? Also will i need to order a tray for them to sit in or will they stay still with some foam on the chasss for them to sit in as all the conversion info I've seen is for lipo's? Or I'm open to any other solutions!!
Cheers
Lowie
04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
I drilled some new holes, beveled them and then made a carbon bar (sawed it out of a carbon sheet (3mm).
http://www.ludodg.com/RC/albums/Pred_X10&X11_StickpackMod/images/img_1020.jpg
and here you can find the rest of the pics about my stickpackmods: CLICK (http://www.ludodg.com/RC/albums/Pred_X10&X11_StickpackMod)
Alfonzo
04-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Hi Salmon,
I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with the new orange steering part. Any chance of a photo too? :thumbsup:
Cheers
salmon
05-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi Salmon,
I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with the new orange steering part. Any chance of a photo too? :thumbsup:
Cheers
I'll try and post some pics at the weekend for you.
Thanks for the advice lowie, never though about making my own!
burgie
05-03-2010, 09:06 AM
the cat sx brace is good for the job - although you will need "beefier" posts as the X11 alloy ones are a little small. I used Lazer ZX5 battery posts and strap in mine, prior to using the atomic carbon SX strap.
Lowie
05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
the cat sx brace is good for the job - although you will need "beefier" posts as the X11 alloy ones are a little small. I used Lazer ZX5 battery posts and strap in mine, prior to using the atomic carbon SX strap.
beefier?
mine (normal X10 or X11 battery-posts) are perfect for the job.
I see no reason why they should be stronger.
burgie
05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
i was refering more to the diameter of the posts for the holes on the cat sx battery strap.
The X11 posts are certainly p to the job, but in my experience were too small and allowed toomuch play in the strap.
salmon
06-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Pics as requested:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/salmon1979/Picture006.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/salmon1979/Picture001.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/salmon1979/Picture002.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/salmon1979/Picture005.jpg
Alfonzo
07-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Looks good, you can see the change in Ackerman angle over the original setup. Be interested to hear how it goes. :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.