View Full Version : How to FAX by broadband connection
Chequered Flag Racing
05-03-2010, 01:43 PM
can it be done?
if so what software are you using?
free of course
Titch
09-03-2010, 09:56 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx
:)
sosidge
09-03-2010, 10:46 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx
:)
I believe that method only works if you still use a dial-up modem.
I *think* I successfully used this service before... www.freepopfax.com - but it was a while ago!
Urzrkymn
09-03-2010, 11:19 PM
just tested freepopfax.com. It works! Nice find.
Lots of advertising on the page that's faxed out though. Just popfax advertising.
Chequered Flag Racing
10-03-2010, 07:55 AM
should have said I'm on vista which doesn't have the fax software like XP, MS removed it
word has a buit in fax button but needs a dial up modem I believe
I'll look at freepopfax.com
Chequered Flag Racing
15-03-2010, 01:38 PM
just tested freepopfax.com. It works! Nice find.
didn't appear to work for me
just found laptop has dial modem built in :thumbsup:
found software at nicocuppen.com that works in vista & allows 30 day evalutation and as I only need to send one fax I used it and hopefully it's gone through.
tymill
15-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I've been using pamfax http://www.pamfax.biz/en/ which works out to 8.4p per fax to most numbers in the western world.
It basically works just like a printer once installed. No hassle. No advertising on the recieved fax, either.
The big plus of the system is that it's totally internet based - no phone line or modem is involved at all.:thumbsup:
If you have a skype account, you can use your skype credit for the faxes. In that case, there's no need to buy an initial £10 of credit.
For me, I only need to send faxes from home very occasionally and never need to receive them - so this works out fine for my needs.:)
I think you get a free fax when you first try it out too, which might be useful if you're in a bind and just need to send one fax for some reason.
Cheers,
Ty
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.