View Full Version : 12th Pan car gearing Help!!
Hi
Needs some help please!
Running L4 1/12th pan car. Just fitted new 13.5 brushless but not sure about gearing it! AMC suggested fitting a 58T spur? (Done that). But not sure about pinion gear! Racing a medium size indoor carpet track. tyres measure 47mm
Any ideas on a starting point would be good - thanks
DC
Chequered Flag Racing
06-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Hi
AMC suggested fitting a 58T spur? (Done that).
is that 48dp or 64dp for the spur?
read this page
http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?page_id=33
download and save http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/rolloutchartga.xls
Chequered Flag Racing
06-03-2010, 11:58 AM
are you using 4 cell or the 1s LiPo saddle packs?
Chequered Flag Racing
06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
start on a 25 pinion and try one size up each run till the motor doesn't appear to pull out of the corners
if you've downloaded the spreadsheet enter the spur gear size and then look down the column for your tyre size.
25 comes out at 63.64mmpr
which esc are you using?
I am using a Fusion exceed brushless combo.
I,m new to 12th scale but loving it, just trying to find my way with the car and get it working well.
Chequered Flag Racing
06-03-2010, 12:22 PM
read this all of this
http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?page_id=65
and go here
http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?22-12th-Scale-Circuit
o0ple is more off-road than on-road but your lucky I swing both ways :woot:
12th Euro's is on this weekend if you live near Hinkley
http://www.ec2010.org/
http://news.efra.ws/index.php?id=239&frompageid=336&newsid=272
if your really keen read all of this
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/37-1-12-forum.html
most of rcchat 12th er's will be there so if you post you may have to wait for a reply
Many thanks for the help,
I too am a buggy racer really just playing with the 12th as my son wanted to race a TC and the local club also runs heats for 12th. TC not reallly my thing but I am really enjoying the 12th
Thanks again
DC
Chequered Flag Racing
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
I am really enjoying the 12th
It's addictive :thumbsup:
Just make sure each and every run, every thing on the car is correctly set with regards to suspenion movement, ride height etc. If it isn't then it won't handle at all.
Ask as many questions as you like about setup. Even those drivers that make the world's & euro A finals are willing to help, unlike TC drivers.
Were do you race?
I currently doing the GT10 series at http://www.stocksbridgerc.com/
Next meeting there is 14th March if you want to play
20th/21st March
Chesterfield club have the last round of the UK national series
http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.