View Full Version : Tyres for RB5
barry
08-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I need some tyres for a short grass track. Any recommendations? I'll also need wheels - is it best to stick with the kyosho ones are will others fit and do as good a job?
Thanks,
Barry
Yellow mini spikes
And stick to kyosho wheels as others won't fit.
barry
08-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks. Do you recommend these front and rear? What make are they? Also, do I need the buy inserts seperately?
Cheers,
Barry
paulc
08-03-2010, 06:23 PM
schumacher yellow mini spikes or if it's wet schumacher green mini spikes front and rear inserts bought seperatly
you can get proline rear axles then you could use associated / losi rear wheels instead of kyosho ones but theres nothing wrong with kyosho wheels
paul
coolcars782
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Or if its wet, Ballistic Buggy Green Mini Spikes
paulc
08-03-2010, 06:42 PM
you can only use ballistic greens on the rear they do not make a 2wd front tyre
barry
08-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the answers all. Who's a good reliable supplier?
Barry
coolcars782
08-03-2010, 07:39 PM
you can only use ballistic greens on the rear they do not make a 2wd front tyre
Yes they do make fronts:thumbsup:
paulc
08-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the answers all. Who's a good reliable supplier?
Barry
give mike a ring at mb models he'll probably have what your after (01132603330)
paulc
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes they do make fronts:thumbsup:
do they since when ?
coolcars782
08-03-2010, 08:09 PM
No idea :lol: Just been to Tiverton and got some direct :thumbsup: I'll ask the owner on sunday when i see her.
Carl
Hey Chris
08-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Hot Bodies wheels fit as well.
barry
14-03-2010, 05:35 PM
My wheels tyres and inserts arrived yesterday. Trouble is the mini spikes I ordered are the slim variety, part no. U6581 (http://www.microtechracing.com//product_info.asp?name=SCHUMACHER+2WD+FRONT+YELLOW+ MINI+SPIKES+%28PAIR%29&ID=8890&Pcat=TYRES&cat=SCHUMACHER), although the website doesn't mention slim. I noticed the inserts were a bit of a tight squeeze.
I was inclined just to chop a bit off the inserts, but I'm still left with slim tyres on regular front wheels, no. KW5029W (http://www.microtechracing.com//product_info.asp?name=KYOSHO+RB5+FRONT+WHEEL+%28WH ITE%2C+2%29&ID=14162&Pcat=SPARES&cat=ULTIMA+RB5).
Or am I mistaken in thinking there is a wider yellow mini-spike tyre.
Thanks for any help,
Barry
paulc
14-03-2010, 05:56 PM
those wheels and tyres should be fine the tyres will need stretching over the wheel you can trim alittle bit of the insert if you want
paul
barry
14-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks Paul - just lopped a bit of the inserts and they seem fine. Don't suppose anyone knows how to get super glue off skin though! :-)
Barry
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.