PDA

View Full Version : Cutting front 2wd tires


NitroArgi
11-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok I should receive my new AE B4 FT any week now and this will be my first ever 2wd electric buggy. I am already racing a B44 I think I have the basics covered....but I was wondering what's the deal with the front 2wd tires that have ribs missing?

I saw some pictures from the Oople archive and I want to now what difference is this doing to the handling...

Regards
Argi

/tobys
11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I believe the theory behind the "missing" rib is that more weight is put onto the remaining ribs, thus increasing traction?

Perhaps only relevant to certain track conditions (e.g. tarmac, blue groove etc)?

Used to run these all the time on Broxtowe multi-surface (back in the day) when it was dry & warm :D

Beanie
11-03-2010, 12:41 PM
What about chopping them so they look like 'stagger ribs'? Anyone tried that?