View Full Version : Play on steering
littlened
16-03-2010, 09:31 AM
There seems to be alot of play on the steering of my zx-5, is this normal?
When I say play, I mean, I can wobble each wheel a fair bit, I'd say at least 5mm
jaank
16-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I had the same problem.
I made some my own ackermann screws for the steering rack so i could
allmost remove the play from the steering. Im a bit neat freak so I think its normal.
check the ballcups that is usualy the problem.
RogerM
16-03-2010, 12:51 PM
The normal problem is the bushes in the rack. Replace these with 6x3x2.5f bearings (have a look on www.RCBearings.co.uk (http://www.RCBearings.co.uk)) and the issue goes away.
All my cars have bearings in the rack and all totally slop free :)
littlened
16-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Roger, would that be la22?
RogerM
16-03-2010, 05:14 PM
These are what I use ..
http://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_68&products_id=355
Kyosho equivalent part number is BFG007F, sure MicroTech would be able to get them for you.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.