PDA

View Full Version : Spring paint


Tom3012
17-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Hi all, couldnt find the thread anywhere so thought id ask again...

Whats the best way to remove paint off losi springs? I want to take the pink off my rear springs...

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

HyperFX
17-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi all, couldnt find the thread anywhere so thought id ask again...

Whats the best way to remove paint off losi springs? I want to take the pink off my rear springs...

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Oven cleaner.

sparrow.2
17-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Consider this well as it will make them a tad softer.

bbq
17-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Thinner does the trick

Danny McGee
17-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Thinner does the trick

a lighter and some water is what ive used for years. Just dont leave them alight for too long as they will go soft

MatJohnson
17-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I've got to ask, is there a reason for this other than its pink and not a manly colour?

Tom3012
17-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I personally want to do it because my cars wired up all black, etc etc and i think dark rear springs will look better :thumbsup:

ApexSpeed
02-04-2010, 02:22 AM
How long are you guys letting them soak in the lye/thinner/other? I have had a pair of orange fronts in the oven cleaner for a half hour now, and they are barely different. Any other sure-fire tricks that don't include fire? :)

Schjimmy
03-04-2010, 02:40 PM
How long are you guys letting them soak in the lye/thinner/other? I have had a pair of orange fronts in the oven cleaner for a half hour now, and they are barely different. Any other sure-fire tricks that don't include fire? :)

Soak them in paint thinner over the night and then brush the remaining paint off with a toothbrush :thumbsup:

Body Paint
06-04-2010, 12:26 PM
I personally want to do it because my cars wired up all black, etc etc and i think dark rear springs will look better :thumbsup:

Dye them black with Dylon ;)

That way you can scratch a little bit of the dye off at the end and you still know what springs they are.

GRIFF55
06-04-2010, 12:48 PM
aerosol car paint works too:), light coat and mask the last ring off so you know the colour:thumbsup: