View Full Version : The JConcepts Clash!
Andy Moore
24-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Im not sure if the rumors have floated over the pond or not, but we've been working on a race. Jason posted the first bit of information over on rc10b4.com, so I figured I would relay it.
Jason:Racers of all skill level are invited to participate where "The Powers Explode" at the JConcepts Clash at Lake Park in Lutz, FL. December 7-9th, 2007.
IFMAR World Champions - National Champions, they have all raced at Lake Park. However, this event is about nitro and electric racers of any skill level. The Hurricane R/C Club has the facility and history - It's up to you to bring the driving. All the greats have raced at Lake Park - you should too!
Website with more information should be finished very soon. I wanted to start a thread so it can be the offical thread for the event.
There will be more information upcoming, and a website to support the race as well. Lutz is really Tampa, so there is a lot to do in the area, from theme parks, to hotels, to restaurants, shopping, etc. As soon as more info on anything is available, I'll be sure to post.
GRIFF55
24-06-2007, 08:56 PM
That sounds great! especially the sunny bit:D
Good Luck
Andy Moore
26-06-2007, 12:50 AM
That sounds great! especially the sunny bit:D
Good Luck
The weather should be bitchin, no rain, cool temps (60's F), I highly reccomend a trip. ;)
£385 Per person return from Manchester;)
Andy Moore
30-06-2007, 08:48 PM
£385 Per person return from Manchester;)
The earlier you book the flights, the better the deals will be!
LEGEND
30-06-2007, 09:14 PM
sound very tempting, I always like a good days racing with the sun beating down on me, but sadly, i can't go for the following reasons: I am only fourteen and my mum would think i am mad for even wanting to go, as we only went to florida in March, we couldn't afford it, and finally my dad is away in another country so he couldn't take me either. But if i could go i definately would go as i have never raced in another country before.:)
NeilD
01-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Is this the one Rich is going to? I didn't realise rubbish drivers could attend i might have to enter.
By the way i'm not saying Richard is rubbish he quite obviously isn't.;)
PaulRotheram
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM
not sure about that neil :p :D
NeilD
01-07-2007, 09:00 PM
:D Good job he's not online:D
Richard Lowe
01-07-2007, 09:06 PM
I heard that! :p
LEGEND
01-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Are you trying to give us the impression that I am a crap Driver:o I have never herd such nonsence in my life.:rolleyes:
NeilD
02-07-2007, 01:35 PM
I've found flights departing from Gatwick for £333.40. This is with one stop in Detroit then onto Tampa.
£374 from manchester to tampa, via new york. with British airways on justthe flight.com
Who is up for the trip then?
AndyM
08-07-2007, 12:33 PM
if your paying :p
NeilD
08-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm defo going Lee, we need to find out the maximum weight we will be allowed to take.
LEGEND
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Would love to go, get a nice tan while i am there. But my mum wouldn't let me even if i convined her she wouldn't let me go. A few reasons why: She wouldn't take me, I don't have the money, My dad can't take me and i would need to be with a responible adult at all times.:) So i wont be going. Unless i can think of a way of getting there without her knowing and staying there without her knowing. The only problem with that is, She might notice the tan when i got back. :D
Adults and children aged 2 years and over FIRST and Club World - 3 bags World Traveller Plus and World Traveller - 2 bags Maximum dimensions per bag (H+W+L): 158cm (62in) Maximum weight per bag: 23kg* (51lbs) It looks ill be taking the girlfriend and kids!!!
Richard Lowe
09-07-2007, 07:54 AM
i would need to be with a responible adult at all times.:)
Well that stops you coming with us then :D
I think with those weight limits Lee I'll be bringing the 12v! :wtf:
I never thought about the power supplies, we will need a 110v one:o
NeilD
09-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Rich emailed Jason and i think we pay for a pitting area which is covered and with power. I believe the plan is to borrow a supply from Jason.
Sounds good, Rich was talking about borrowing a truck for the weekend also:)
I think ill just stick to the 2wd and 4wd though.
NeilD
09-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, i'm only running 2 and 4WD.
footey
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
i could be up for this :)
footey
09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
whats the best price uve found for flights and accomadation so i can work out my funds
Haven`t looked at accomodation yet but it will be dead cheap $50 a night max at a motel.
Best flights i have found is the BA ones i posted above @ £374 return from manchester to tampa via new york.
Oh and a hummer is £499 for the week:D
NeilD
09-07-2007, 02:14 PM
I ain't driving a Hummer not after seeing Clarkson in one on Top Gear. We need a European hire car as American cars are shit.
Yeah american cars dont like corners:D
I can just picture the scene now from days of thunder where they race the hire cars to dinner.
We`ll get jimmy to make rich a JConcepts sticker for his hire car:D
Richard Lowe
09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
They are a laugh though, last time I went to the US we had some front wheel drive thing with a V8 in and the softest suspention ever - it was comically bad :D
I'll see if I can sort us out for power, I'll build a power supply that can run everyone's charger ;)
Good lad!!
That will get airport security scratching their heads:D
footey
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM
is there any more info about the raceing yet like tyres to be used or out like that rich
NeilD
09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
As long as we don't have to drop our pants!:eh?:
Shane,
Im sure Jason or Andy Moore (the American one) will let us know what works there, plus jason is a tyre guru so he will be able to help us out.
I think he worked as a designer for proline for a number of years.
Richard Lowe
09-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Not yet, Jason's putting a web page together with all the details on. Hopefully there will be a shop there with everything we'll need, I have a feeling it might be on JC tires though... ;)
By the sounds of it we're going to have to hire a fleet of cars to get everyone to the track and back so we'll be able to re-enact Days of Thunder to and from the motel :D
NeilD
09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I might have a BJ4 if i can find one for a good price!
footey
09-07-2007, 02:38 PM
should just hire a limo for the trip:D
NeilD
09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Not yet, Jason's putting a web page together with all the details on. Hopefully there will be a shop there with everything we'll need, I have a feeling it might be on JC tires though... ;)
By the sounds of it we're going to have to hire a fleet of cars to get everyone to the track and back so we'll be able to re-enact Days of Thunder to and from the motel :D
Will you be able to have a word with Jason to ensure we get an entry?
footey
09-07-2007, 02:46 PM
so how long u all looking at going for
Her indoors wants to take the little ones to disney so were looking at going out on the 5th and coming back the 21st:confused:
Im not sure what rich and neil plan to do.
But there will be a days of thunder re-enactment somewhere along the line:D :cool:
NeilD
09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
We were thinking 6th until 10th.
Thats what i would of done, im sorry i asked her now, i should of just said im working:D
I did that to my ex and went to the LRP race in germany a few years ago:D
footey
09-07-2007, 03:00 PM
hence why shes now known as ex
Richard Lowe
09-07-2007, 03:02 PM
I think we can stretch to the 5th can't we Neil? ;)
I want to go on Kraken at Seaworld again, best rollercoaster ever :cool:
Yeah, i got her some perfume from duty free to sweeten her up, it wouldnt of been so bad but i got in at 6am in the morning and she thought i had been out the night before on the nest:D
She wouldnt believe i had been racing;) :D
I remember Phil booth and andy wallace nearly wetting themselves on the flight back when i told them i hadn`t told her
Happy days, i was only 21:rolleyes:
NeilD
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
That'll be why shes an ex.:D
NeilD
09-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I think we can stretch to the 5th can't we Neil? ;)
I want to go on Kraken at Seaworld again, best rollercoaster ever :cool:
Yeah the 5th should be ok, i'm booking the time off later in the week.
Richard Lowe
09-07-2007, 03:19 PM
So far then we have...
Lee + family
The Bulk
Neil
Me
Footey
Paul Rotheram (?)
Leg End (In spirit :D )
Anyone else?
NeilD
09-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Lee is gonna sort out the strippers for us.:D :D
LEGEND
09-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Now i am realy feeling down about not going. Strippers will make my day any time. As long as they are women.:D But i will be rooting for for you all from back in good old Britian.:)
Richard Lowe
09-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I think you're a bit young for a strip club my friend, I could always smuggle you in in my JConcepts hauler :D
Can i put the kids in the other 2 compartments rich, it will save me a fortune:D
LEGEND
09-07-2007, 03:31 PM
From the photo's it looks fairly big. I would have to see if i could last the trip their and back.:rolleyes: But seriously, I may be able to fit.:D
AndyM
09-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I could always smuggle you in in my JConcepts hauler :D
you cud fit shamu in that hauler nd no1 wud notice :o :rolleyes: :D
Im going to get one of those haulers i think, I have the TM F8 which is great but i still need more storage space for the cars when travelling.
Andy Moore
10-07-2007, 12:44 AM
"Mons Venus" is reccomended as the "best" full nude club just minutes from the track. No alcohol is sold inside...but Im sure you guys have a solution to that...
just a heads up. If you need any other area information I'll be around. ;)
Richard Lowe
10-07-2007, 08:19 AM
We were actually joking Andy but fair enough :p
At least we know where to find Andy:D
rich_cree
10-07-2007, 11:45 AM
"Mons Venus" is reccomended as the "best" full nude club just minutes from the track. No alcohol is sold inside...but Im sure you guys have a solution to that...
just a heads up. If you need any other area information I'll be around. ;)
I can fully, wholeheartedly agree with Andys recomendation!! You will understand why the USA has one dollar notes and not coins!
NeilD
10-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Well it would be rude not to check it out.:D
I hate being dragged to those places but i suppose someone has to supervise you guys:confused: :D
NeilD
10-07-2007, 01:25 PM
I think we should enjoy all the local sights.
Richard Lowe
10-07-2007, 01:35 PM
(o)(o)
NeilD
10-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Calm down mate we aren't there yet.:D
21 weeks to go and he is already excited:D
rich_cree
10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
(o)(o)
more like this actually
(. ) ( .)
Ha ha, you have been practicing :D
notlawnomis
10-07-2007, 04:53 PM
(•)(•) Unless there Fake like these one!!
NeilD
10-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh my God that would be great. Calm down though Rich.:D :D :D
I have a story about fake ones!!
Last summer during the world cup, i was in aberdeen in a bar after an england match, we got chatting to these girls who happened to work down the street at the lap dancers;)
Anyway we managed to get the 3 of them together for a photo, which turned into the middle one lifting her top and the other 2 covering a tit each with their hands, but my mate decided to run behing and pull the other 2 away and luckily i managed to get a cracking shot of this birds plastic norks.;)
My mate went on to pull her and take her back to his digs etc, but it was only later on in the evening when her mates were super drunk they let slip that she used to be a he:D :eh?: :D
Naturally we didnt tell our mate from having his fun as i thought it would be better to see his face the next morning.
So the next morning he walked in all smug because he bagged a "stunner" so i dealt the poor fella the news to knock him down a peg or two.
I have never seen so much pain in someones face, then he went to the toilet to be very very sick:D :D :D
rcracer
10-07-2007, 05:20 PM
(•)(•) Unless there Fake like these one!!
unless the op went wrong like this
(•)(.)
NeilD
10-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a story about fake ones!!
Last summer during the world cup, i was in aberdeen in a bar after an england match, we got chatting to these girls who happened to work down the street at the lap dancers;)
Anyway we managed to get the 3 of them together for a photo, which turned into the middle one lifting her top and the other 2 covering a tit each with their hands, but my mate decided to run behing and pull the other 2 away and luckily i managed to get a cracking shot of this birds plastic norks.;)
My mate went on to pull her and take her back to his digs etc, but it was only later on in the evening when her mates were super drunk they let slip that she used to be a he:D :D
Naturally we didnt tell our mate from having his fun as i thought it would be better to see his face the next morning.
So the next morning he walked in all smug because he bagged a "stunner" so i dealt the poor fella the news to knock him down a peg or two.
I have never seen so much pain in someones face, then he went to the toilet to be very very sick:D :D :D
Aberdeen seems like the place to be and you'll know all the good places Lee. Just keep us away from the ladyboys.:D :D
Sorry to take it off topic but i think its a valuable lesson learned
rcracer
10-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Aberdeen seems like the place to be and you'll know all the good places Lee. Just keep us away from the ladyboys.:D :D
you seem to be well informed about ladyboys Neil :rolleyes:
Aberdeen was ace
The only cheap thing was the lapdancers
£3 entry and £5 a dance:D
NeilD
10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
This was off topic long ago. Who knows what the US Andy Moore is saying to Jason about us.:D :D :D
NeilD
10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
you seem to be well informed about ladyboys Neil :rolleyes:
Thats right mate, how are you anyway?:D :p :D
I can see that drive getting further and further away:D
NeilD
10-07-2007, 05:41 PM
But... you will get to see some falsies jiggling in your face!
rcracer
10-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Thats right mate, how are you anyway?:D :p :D
Not bad mate , looking forward to bury on sunday
Andy Moore
10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
This was off topic long ago. Who knows what the US Andy Moore is saying to Jason about us.:D :D :D
No worries, everyone like to have a good time ;).
NeilD
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Nice one Andy, you'll find were all really tame all talk and no action!
Andy Moore
10-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Nice one Andy, you'll find were all really tame all talk and no action!
I doubt that, but its all good, Im sure you want to have money for food, haha.
If you guys need any other area information, as far as less x-rated attractions, I'll be around.
NeilD
10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
I think Rich will liase with you and Jason about accommodation and car hire etc.
andy05
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Any pics of the track please
NeilD
10-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Just seen a vid of it looks awesome.
Richard Lowe
10-07-2007, 09:26 PM
There are some pictures up on the Hurricane RC forum...
Clicky (http://hurricanercclub.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=18) ;)
And a video here (http://www.rc10b4.com/gallery/data/513/1Jconcepts_BJ4X4_2_rc10b4_com_1mbps_V8.wmv).
NeilD
10-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Check those jumps!!
Andy Moore
11-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Check those jumps!!
We dont kid around over here, haha. The Hurricane guys put on a top notch show as well.
By the way...I swear America isnt exactly as portrayed by top gear...well mostly not like that :(
Some of the comments under the pics look interesting, it looks like racing in the US has a fantastic fanbase:D
£337 return including taxes etc from man to tampa on the 5th via chicago, i have donr this route before its not too bad, plus i think the booze is free on this one;)
from opodo
NeilD
11-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm off to visit some flight centres on Sat. to see if we can get any good prices on direct flights.
Andy Moore
12-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I missed the hired/rental car post earlier. Tampa airport has several rental car agencies, "Budget", "Hertz", "National", and "Alamo" I believe. I might also be willing to shuttle some people as well, as long as your stuff will fit in my sedan, haha.
NeilD
12-07-2007, 05:28 PM
You may well regret saying that Andy.:D :D
£317 each with continental
NeilD
16-07-2007, 03:22 PM
At this rate Lee you should have us flying out for under £300.:)
I told her to book it, i think its already cost the company more in time lost than it will cost for me to get there:D
Andy Moore
19-07-2007, 04:07 PM
More information should be coming in shortly!
jimmy
19-07-2007, 04:23 PM
who's gonna borrow 'oOpleCAMTM' and do a report then? :D
maybe - lol.:wtf:
Jim im hopefully going to have a decent one by then (if you show me how to use it);)
Ill do the photos no probs
We do need a roving reporter though, someone who can do mrs oOple style interviews,
Neil?:o
Northy
19-07-2007, 05:10 PM
If some one pays for me to go I'll do it! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Its not that expensive G £317 for flights £100 for a hotel max!! and food is dead cheap over there
You know you want too;)
Plus your O rings could have world domination
Northy
19-07-2007, 05:18 PM
More information please Lee :cool:
NeilD
19-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Lee, i'm up for a spot of interviewing no worries.:)
I think were flying with continental from MAN to chicago then onto tampa £317 return including taxes etc
Haven`t booked a hotel yet but at that time of year you will get one for $50 a night easy, car hire can be split between X but if you wanted to go alone its about $30 a day.
For breakfast you will have pancakes and sausages,and cheese
Lunch will be macdonalds extra cheese
Dinner is a steak:o and cheese;)
Bargain
Andy Moore
19-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Its not that expensive G £317 for flights £100 for a hotel max!! and food is dead cheap over there
You know you want too;)
Plus your O rings could have world domination
If youre super tight on cash, you can always stop at the grocery store and buy sandwhich stuff, haha.
LEGEND
19-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Walmart all the way. They have just about everything you can think of. Ipod's, guns, plasma screen Tv's. You name it, they have got it. Including mcdonald's, but for tea then you can just go down to the Golden Coral, all you can eat steak and you can have it cooked just the way you like it.:)
gazbaz2
19-07-2007, 09:38 PM
[quote=LEGEND;51190]Walmart all the way. They have just about everything you can think of. Ipod's, guns, plasma screen Tv's. You name it, they have got it.
Do they have toffee apples made out of potato or marzipan that smells like cheese:D :D :D :D
Northy
19-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I like cheese ;)
LEGEND
19-07-2007, 10:07 PM
[quote=LEGEND;51190]Walmart all the way. They have just about everything you can think of. Ipod's, guns, plasma screen Tv's. You name it, they have got it.
Do they have toffee apples made out of potato or marzipan that smells like cheese:D :D :D :D
I am sure if you looked hard enough you will probably find it...somewhere.:D
Andy Moore
20-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Walmart all the way. They have just about everything you can think of. Ipod's, guns, plasma screen Tv's. You name it, they have got it. Including mcdonald's, but for tea then you can just go down to the Golden Coral, all you can eat steak and you can have it cooked just the way you like it.:)
lol, apparently someone has visited before!
Yes, there is a walmart just minutes from the track...
LEGEND
20-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Well a trip to america isn't truly a trip unless you have a look around walmart at least once. They have just got so much cool stuff to have a look at.:D
Do they sell sheep?:confused:
LEGEND
20-07-2007, 01:16 PM
They may need to special order one in for you.:D But they are not on display, for hygine reasons.:rolleyes:
rcracer
20-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Asda aka Walmart
NeilD
20-07-2007, 03:44 PM
WalMart sucks. Saw a really informative documentary about how they treat staff like shit and put them under pressure to work overtime. They record conversations in the staff room and encourage workmates to spy/inform on each other. Bunch of twats.
NeilD
20-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I think were flying with continental from MAN to chicago then onto tampa £317 return including taxes etc
Haven`t booked a hotel yet but at that time of year you will get one for $50 a night easy, car hire can be split between X but if you wanted to go alone its about $30 a day.
For breakfast you will have pancakes and sausages,and cheese
Lunch will be macdonalds extra cheese
Dinner is a steak:o and cheese;)
Bargain
I'm going 5 star mate.:)
Richard Lowe
20-07-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm going 5 star mate.:)
Are we? In that case you're paying :D
Andy Moore
21-07-2007, 12:36 AM
WalMart sucks. Saw a really informative documentary about how they treat staff like shit and put them under pressure to work overtime. They record conversations in the staff room and encourage workmates to spy/inform on each other. Bunch of twats.
Too true, but people also have a choice to NOT work there...
Can we get a roll call of who is coming?
GRIFF55
21-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Looks like you guys are in for 7min mains and extended A & B finals!!!! Lipos' allowed too!!
I think thats how i read it:wtf:
Web site is up and running
RCCLASH.COM
Whos coming:
Me
Neil D
Rich Lowe
Northy?
craig collinson (i think)
NeilD
21-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Are we? In that case you're paying :D
Thats listening to 5 star on my ipod!!:D :D :D
Didn't i mention i was taking a tent Rich?
NeilD
21-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Has Craig confirmed he's coming yet?
Richard Lowe
21-07-2007, 03:36 PM
Craig told me at Os he probably can't come :(
We've got nobody to laugh at when they snap a belt now :D
I hope you're joking about the tent Neil :wtf:
Does this mean Neil was sick of getting shafted and has seen the light??:D
NeilD
21-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Rich, you might have given away my new ride now OR will i snap a belt.
You don't think i'm sleeping in a tent in the US not when we can choose a nice hotel.:)
Northy
21-07-2007, 04:40 PM
How much is it gonna cost me then? Do I have to have a BJ4? :D :D :D
G
I reckon £600 should see the weekend covered.
I wouldnt take the pred to sea world, they might get it confused with a sting ray;)
Northy
21-07-2007, 05:03 PM
So when is it and when do we need to sort it all out? :confused:
G
Andy Moore
21-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Sounds good guys!
Im not quite sure how the website was found...but that is the correct url.
www.rcclash.com (http://www.rcclash.com) (excuse us if all the features arent working, like the signup portion).
GRIFF55
21-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Found the website whilst watching hot rod shootout live, hope you don't mind me posting it?
Northy, its the 7,8,9th December, i think everyone is just sorting out there own flights etc, i think most will fly out on the 5th from manchester though.
I imagine andy or jason can advise us on a race hotel or just the nearest one to the track/lapdancers;):D
NeilD
21-07-2007, 08:13 PM
A few hotels are listed on rcclash.com
Practice is on the 6th, by the way chaps, i thought the 7th was practice day, just as well i checked
NeilD
22-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Me and Rich are flying out on the 5th.
Lee are you going earlier, as you said you will be off work, or staying on after the event?
Flying out on the 5th also, im just taking december off work.
Its going to be a very expensive month:(
notlawnomis
22-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Flying out on the 5th also, im just taking december off work.
Its going to be a very expensive month:(
Its alright for some taking a whole month off :eh?:, you must be making far too much money!! :p
Is it possible to earn too much money?:D
I can only do it because im self employed and sell my services to the companies (ooh er)
Andy Moore
25-07-2007, 04:49 AM
It shouldnt be that expnsive...just choose where you eat, and NOT to go into the strip club private rooms ;)
LEGEND
25-07-2007, 08:18 AM
I am sure that from Walmart you can buy like a 16 bottles of budwiser for about $6.00 I think. The last time i went i was have a little competition with my bro, my dad, my uncle and his nephew. In the villa to see who could drink the most while standing on one leg at the edge of the pool. It was really fun because about half way through we forgot what exactly we were doing to we all just jumped in the pool anyway.:D
Andy Moore
31-07-2007, 12:26 AM
www.rcclash.com (http://www.rcclash.com) is LIVE!
Check it out guys, the online signup sheet is up too.
Andy Moore
03-08-2007, 05:43 AM
www.rcclash.com (http://www.rcclash.com) is LIVE!
Check it out guys, the online signup sheet is up too.
bump...I didnt post this 3 days ago, haha.
Andy Moore
15-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Entires are filling up fast!
Well, not really but if you have any questions, let me know.
Richard Lowe
19-08-2007, 06:03 PM
This thread's gone all quiet since Neil not posting at the moment :eh?:
I'm going to be running truck now too (thanks Jason!) as well as 2wd and 4wd :)
Andy Moore
19-08-2007, 06:19 PM
This thread's gone all quiet since Neil not posting at the moment :eh?:
I'm going to be running truck now too (thanks Jason!) as well as 2wd and 4wd :)
So Ive heard, haha. I think you'll really like it!
LEGEND
19-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I have driven a truck in a race before, They are great fun as they just soak up all of the the things that would send a buggy flying. But the feel of the car was completely different to what i was used to. That may be because the driver, who let me have a go, had a delayed start and also a delayed brake so i found it hard to drve at first.:)
This thread's gone all quiet since Neil not posting at the moment :eh?:
I'm going to be running truck now too (thanks Jason!) as well as 2wd and 4wd :)
I still attend on weekends:D
It will be good to see how you adapt running in 3 classes on the same day;)
I thought about running 8th as well but the excess baggage charges would be huge:wtf:
Richard Lowe
19-08-2007, 08:02 PM
I still attend on weekends:D
It will be good to see how you adapt running in 3 classes on the same day;)
I thought about running 8th as well but the excess baggage charges would be huge:wtf:
Shall I run your 8th Lee?! :wtf:
I think my brain would melt, I struggle to run two different cars on the same day nevermind 3 or 12 or however many I end up running :p
LEGEND
19-08-2007, 10:04 PM
The most cars that i have raced with on a single night, i think was about 3 or 4. I was racing 2wd, 4wd, mardave banger racing, and also touring cars. It was very hecktic but there was a lot of heats, which made up for it a little.:)
Andy Moore
20-08-2007, 04:20 AM
I have driven a truck in a race before, They are great fun as they just soak up all of the the things that would send a buggy flying. But the feel of the car was completely different to what i was used to. That may be because the driver, who let me have a go, had a delayed start and also a delayed brake so i found it hard to drve at first.:)
Trucks are good fun, no doubt. The usual weekend routine is 3-4 practice runs with the 2wd, and then either 1 or none in truck, hahah. Its a shame its not more popular other places.
NeilD
21-08-2007, 07:18 PM
hi guys, whats the latest news on the clash? I'm currently without a pc so i'm doing this from my mobile phone. Rich have you managed to enter me? Into the event i mean!
Richard Lowe
21-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I sent you a text asking what classes and xtals you wanted yesterday, what do you want to enter for?
Andy Moore
23-08-2007, 01:09 AM
hi guys, whats the latest news on the clash? I'm currently without a pc so i'm doing this from my mobile phone. Rich have you managed to enter me? Into the event i mean!
Entries are slowly coming in. Im sure it will pick up as the time gets a little closer, as people always put things off.
I sent you a text asking what classes and xtals you wanted yesterday, what do you want to enter for?
Dont even worry about crystals, you'll be on 40mhz which NO ONE runs over here. Just sign up on spektrum, and you'll be good to go.
. Rich have you managed to enter me? Into the event i mean!
:D Is that your thumb?:D
Andy Moore
25-08-2007, 11:35 PM
:D Is that your thumb?:D
I'll stay out of this one, hahaha
So who is still planning on attending?
Richard Lowe
20-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I need a word with you Lee about going, can you PM me your mobile number please?
super__dan
20-09-2007, 05:49 PM
have you managed to enter me?
LOL oh LOL oh LOL
Andy Moore
22-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Dont bail on this! Im telling you it will be a great time, and an awesome event. We need the support from the UK. ;)
Lee Martin
22-09-2007, 03:46 PM
i may be goin yet......wooooo
Andy Moore
23-09-2007, 07:50 PM
i may be goin yet......wooooo
Sweet, I take it you got in touch with Jason then?
Lee Martin
23-09-2007, 08:00 PM
why of course!
so well see what happens!
Lee, will you be flying from heathrow/gatwick.
I think myself rich lowe and whoever else wants to tag along will be flying from manchester.
Congrats on the drive mate;)
Lee Martin
24-09-2007, 02:49 PM
yeh ill be a heathrow guy!
pimping
Andy Moore
24-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Sweet! Things are looking better and better.
Andy Moore
06-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Ryan Maifield is confrimed AND entered!:D
Andy Moore
15-10-2007, 12:38 AM
We put on a strong push for local entries at the first Florida State Series race and I think we may have doubled (possibly more) the number of registered drivers, or roughly 45-60. This is definately a good think considering its still more than 7 weeks away.
NeilD
15-10-2007, 02:14 PM
I believe Rich has submitted our entries?
Richard Lowe
15-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Not just yet, could you PM/call me your Crystals again please Neil? I've lost the details from last time :rolleyes:
Still waiting on Lee with confirmation of the flights too.
Andy Moore
15-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Not just yet, could you PM/call me your Crystals again please Neil? I've lost the details from last time :rolleyes:
Still waiting on Lee with confirmation of the flights too.
I doubt your frequencies matter, its 40mhz, which we dont run, haha. Just put down "spek" on the entry form. :p
Not just yet, could you PM/call me your Crystals again please Neil? I've lost the details from last time :rolleyes:
Still waiting on Lee with confirmation of the flights too.
I need both of your passport details chaps date of birth etc and the passport number.
Virgins system was down on sat so ill be booking them this week:D
Richard Lowe
15-10-2007, 08:08 PM
YGPM
Andy Moore
20-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Im not sure exactly who is going to make the trip over, but it would be much appreciated if you entered soon. We'd like to use the pre-entry count to help bring in out of state (but in the US) support for the race. Thanks!
Andy Moore
20-10-2007, 04:34 PM
pidge, pm sent.
Richard Lowe, pm sent.
Andy Moore
24-10-2007, 01:23 AM
We WILL be allowing LiPos in all electric classes. This enables us to run extended mains, which should be awesome. The car will still have to meet the ROAR weight limit though.
Andy Moore
07-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Clash News ~ November 5, 2007
The entries continue to come in from around the world. Drivers registered from the United Kingdom and Canada is tuning the Clash into an international event. Many drivers from the west coast and all along the east coast are making their way to Tampa for the ultimate throw down.
Watch in amazement as IFMAR World Championship TQ Ryan Maifield takes to the track in 1/8th buggy, 1/10th 4wd and 1/10th 2wd classes. This guy is fast!
The race is about a month away so if you have not preregistered please sign-up as soon as possible. This helps the race organizers determine awards, t-shirts and everything else related to making the event as rewarding to the racers as possible.
Mail in entry form (http://www.rcclash.com/signup/clashEntryForm.pdf)
Online registration form (http://www.rcclash.com/signup/index.asp)
Track
The track layout is starting to take shape and things are looking great. Expect some pretty heavy elevation changes and a 150 foot straightway that leads into a downhill S-turn.
Woah! Bring some power!
Sportsman classes - rule update!
Due to heavy interest in brushless motors we are going to allow the 10.5 brushless motor to compete against the 19 turn brushed motors. Class info page has been updated to reflect the change.
Battery suggestions
Based on our testing it is suggested to come with batteries 4200 or higher. We have had very good tests with 3700 mah batteries as well but the added capacity of a 4200 would be safe. All Lipo batteries are legal for competition but it is recommended to use the hard shell type. Anything over 5000 mah in capacity is probably overkill.
Here is some very useful information regarding Lipo batteries. Please read this information prior to use.
Lipo Information (http://www.secureonlineshopping.biz/schumacher/usa/products.asp?hideall=Y&partno=prod978&templateid=18&pagewidth=550)
Race schedule
A tentative schedule has been prepared to help determine length of the program and amount of available time. In a perfect world with no problems we are currently scheduled to run 5 qualifiers. Things change and so does the weather so this is very tentative.
Qual. Points will be used with Best 2 out of 5 scoring your result. This gives a driver wanting to just race on Saturday and Sunday only the option of coming in to qualify on Saturday and running 2 qualifiers. Please remember if the 5th round is dropped for scheduling or weather reasons that is the risk taken by the driver that misses the first day of qualifying
Clash tentative schedule (http://www.rcclash.com/ClashSchedule.pdf)
Track preparation
The current plan is to prepare the track with Calcium Chloride. This usually produces a blue groove and helps keep the dust down. Be prepared for changing conditions.
Race direction
Jimmy Babcock is coming in as scheduled. Joining Jimmy will be Kenny “Scarecrow” Holmes to do on-track race directing. Tim Davis is scheduled to provide color commentary during racing action. Tim should provide some interesting comments and interviews. :)
LiveRC update
Brandon Rohde will be on hand to handle the LiveRC scoring that will be available on his website (http://liverc.rccars.com/liverc.php). Lake Park does not have the best internet connection so we are going to be using an air card. We are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best internet connection possible.
RC Action Pics
Greg Rojna will be on hand on Saturday and Sunday to cover the race with photos and media live at the track. You can visit his site (http://www.rcactionpics.com/2007_clash.html) at anytime for great updates on R/C events across the country.
Check in and registration
The first thing to do when you arrive at the track is to check in. We are going to be doing this outside the track area by the JConcepts race trailer. Only registered drivers and mechanics will be allowed onto the track. You have to register before you can practice. Very simple :)
Covered pit space
Covered pit space can be purchased for $35.00 during check in. Covered pit space includes 1 pit space with chair and power availability. Drivers purchasing the covered pit space will be assigned a number to their race badges so only drivers with Pit id numbers can pit underneath the tent. All drivers are more than welcome to pit outside the fence with trailers, tents, tables…etc. Covered pits are available for drivers that are traveling from out of the area or choose to be closer to the track and who purchase the space. Drivers will receive a race badge and also a badge for 1 pit person.
Onsite hobby shop
GS Hobby.com has agreed to be the official onsite hobby shop at the JConcepts Clash. They will have a selection of tires, wheels and various front end and rear end parts for Associated and Losi vehicles. Parts for all vehicles cannot be supported onsite due to space and travel restraints. Please be prepared or email GSHobby in advance to make arrangements for special parts needed.
Additional hotel information
We have located another option for hotel. The Sailport Inn is located right near the Tampa airport and is about 12 minutes from Lake Park via the Veterans Express Way (Toll Road). It is roughly a 25 minute drive to Lake Park without using the Veterans Express Way. The Sailport resort is directly across from Bahama Breeze restaurant / bar.
Sailport Resort (http://www.sailport.com/)
2506 North Rocky Point Drive
Tampa, FL 33607 USA
Tel 813-281-9599 (Reservations)
Tel 800-255-9599 (USA & Canada Reservations)
Fax 813-281-9510
http://www.sailport.com/ (http://www.sailport.com/)
Airport/Area Shuttle Available (7am-10pm)
Wireless High Speed Internet Access
One and two bedroom suites available – with a view of the Bay!
One bedroom $85/nt, 2 bedroom $139/nt – mention JConcepts for this discounted rate
Oooh its getting close now!!!
I need cells:eh?:
Richard Lowe
07-11-2007, 07:48 PM
http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/ :D
Andy Moore
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/ :D
Just be sure they can last 10 minutes! :cool:
Richard Lowe
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Just be sure they can last 10 minutes! :cool:
:o
Mine are 8 months old so it might be tight in 4wd, I'm sure Lee will lend me the new cells he's buying for us all :D :D :D
Andy Moore
07-11-2007, 08:47 PM
:o
Mine are 8 months old so it might be tight in 4wd, I'm sure Lee will lend me the new cells he's buying for us all :D :D :D
Hahahaha! Classic.
I had even thought of getting some when im over there, Factory spec packs for £35:D
Rich,As long as i get to use your thumbs:D
Richard Lowe
07-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Haha it's a deal! Nick's top end packs are less than £35 ;)
Don't forget to solder them up with the connectors on top :p
Maybe you will have to drive like me to last 10 mins:D
Richard Lowe
07-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Slowly :confused:
:D :D :D
Don't tear up my flight ticket :o
Steady was so much nicer:D
What do you think about one of these
http://www.airline-network.co.uk/carhire/Quote.aspx?ct=FCAR&pc=DU&pd=MCOT01&dd=MCOT01&pdt=05-12-2007-17-00&ddt=10-12-2007-16-00
Richard Lowe
07-11-2007, 09:41 PM
If it's got a V8 we're set :)
Could you e-mail Allison about the car hire please, she's got some coupons for us I think :cool:
I'll text you the address ;)
Andy Moore
07-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Steady was so much nicer:D
What do you think about one of these
http://www.airline-network.co.uk/carhire/Quote.aspx?ct=FCAR&pc=DU&pd=MCOT01&dd=MCOT01&pdt=05-12-2007-17-00&ddt=10-12-2007-16-00
Just make sure you guys leave extra time for customs/security. "TSA" over here had some issue with RC Cars, so they're now cracking down a little.
How about those Man U boys...
Richard Lowe
07-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I wonder if we'll have to convince them the batteries arn't shotgun shells when we're putting them through the xray machine :D
Make sure you discharge my, err I mean your IB's Lee before we take them on the plane, it would be like a grenade going off if they all go pop, blow the plane in half or something :o
Just as well im not bringing lipo`s.
Andy is there anything that they dislike at your end. Apart from canadians:p
Andy Moore
08-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Just as well im not bringing lipo`s.
Andy is there anything that they dislike at your end. Apart from canadians:p
I think you're able to fly with the Orion/Kokam LiPos if Im not mistaken actually.
They also dislike Mexicans...and the French...lol jk!
Just make sure to "Check" as much of your rc stuff as possible. If you carry on your transmitter, make sure the batteries are fresh so you can show it works.
Andy Moore
09-11-2007, 04:08 AM
57 entries! Not too bad considering that early entries are usually only 1/4 of the total!
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2020/clash1rw6.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8320/clash2pb4.jpg
Richard Lowe
09-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Holy crap, should I fit some elevators and a rudder?!
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9839/img74le6.jpg
:o :o :o
jimmy
09-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I wish I could come :(
GRIFF55
09-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Me too!!
Richard Lowe
09-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Get yourselves booked in then!!! :D
Lee Martin
09-11-2007, 01:55 PM
and andy!
mine and trumans name is not on list!
sort it out man!lol
or get J Ro too
Its gonna take me 10 mins to climb that thing:o
Andy Moore
10-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Holy crap, should I fit some elevators and a rudder?!
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9839/img74le6.jpg
:o :o :o
Thats a little jump...pssh.
Haha, jk. We had to give the 1/8th guys some excitement ya know... :p
and andy!
mine and trumans name is not on list!
sort it out man!lol
or get J Ro too
email sent, haha.
Its gonna take me 10 mins to climb that thing:o
Well, the raised section behind it is larger :D
I have been sorting out my stuff this morning for the clash next month, i was amazed at how much crap i carry around with me:D
Just have to weigh it now and hope it is less than 20kg with clothes, 2 cars, cells etc:confused: And some space for the goodies bought over there of course:D
Richard Lowe
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Andy:- what wind motors do you normally run in the trucks, 5.5 or 6.5's?
Northy
10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Rich, take plenty of motors, you'll be killing them knowing you! Oh and plenty of gears ;)
G
Andy Moore
11-11-2007, 02:40 AM
I have been sorting out my stuff this morning for the clash next month, i was amazed at how much crap i carry around with me:D
Just have to weigh it now and hope it is less than 20kg with clothes, 2 cars, cells etc:confused: And some space for the goodies bought over there of course:D
That sounds like a LOT of stuff.
Andy:- what wind motors do you normally run in the trucks, 5.5 or 6.5's?
5.5 in 4wd and a 7.5/6.5 in 2wd. The track really wont require that much motor, but bring them in case you have a heavy finger, haha.
rojna
11-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Pics from todays track prep are up (http://www.rcactionpics.com/2007_clash.html)
Andy Moore
11-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Pics from todays track prep are up (http://www.rcactionpics.com/2007_clash.html)
Sweet! Nice to see that type of dedication...I know its almost 2 am in Florida! :o
That looks so good. I really cant wait now:D
Richard Lowe
11-11-2007, 04:51 PM
5.5 in 4wd and a 7.5/6.5 in 2wd. The track really wont require that much motor, but bring them in case you have a heavy finger, haha.
So what about truck then :confused: haha
After today I want to run my 4.5, I'm addicted to the power :D :D :D
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4959/img82ci7.jpg
Did he clear it?!
Andy Moore
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
So what about truck then :confused: haha
After today I want to run my 4.5, I'm addicted to the power :D :D :D
Did he clear it?!
I forgot you were going to run truck, haha. I would say either a 5.5 or a 6.5. Im assuming the motors have sintered rotors?
Nah, the backhoe couldnt clear the jump, not enough run up. :p
rojna
12-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Sweet! Nice to see that type of dedication...I know its almost 2 am in Florida! :o
And im not the only one up :D
Andy Moore
12-11-2007, 05:25 AM
And im not the only one up :D
Im always up late :cool:
Andy Moore
13-11-2007, 04:52 PM
63 early entries!
Teddy truman
14-11-2007, 08:31 AM
i put my entry in!! but......... no point me sending money or cheque and the paypal detail never came up when i booked in online???:confused::eh?: can i pay when i get there?
Richard Lowe
14-11-2007, 09:15 AM
I had the same thing with the website, just send Jason an email with your details :)
Andy Moore
14-11-2007, 10:10 PM
i put my entry in!! but......... no point me sending money or cheque and the paypal detail never came up when i booked in online???:confused::eh?: can i pay when i get there?
Sorry about that, we've had some problems there. Send an email to
[email protected] and Allison should be able to send you a paypal invoice. You can also sign up the day of the race(we prefer the early sign up though).
Andy Moore
16-11-2007, 05:13 AM
81 Early Entries, including Brian Kinwald!
PDub, myself, as well as the majority of Florida havent even signed up yet, haha. We are looking at 220-240 entries at the moment.
Andy Moore
20-11-2007, 11:32 PM
90 Early Entries!
I heard BK only booked in when he realised Rich Lowe was attending!:D
Andy Moore
21-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I heard BK only booked in when he realised Rich Lowe was attending!:D
No no, that was Ryan Maifield, BK booked when he heard I was attending. :p hahaha
Richard Lowe
21-11-2007, 05:09 PM
The money's in the post Lee :p
Andy Moore
22-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Happy Thanksgiving oOple!
I know you guys dont care... :p
Andy Moore
25-11-2007, 02:04 AM
97 Entries!
Im still waiting for my passport:o
Richard Lowe
26-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Im still waiting for my passport:o
Cutting it a bit fine!
Argh! :o
Andy Moore
27-11-2007, 02:59 AM
101 Entries!
rojna
27-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Pics of track are up :) (http://www.rcactionpics.com/2007_clash.html)
Andy Moore
27-11-2007, 04:31 AM
Pics of track are up :) (http://www.rcactionpics.com/2007_clash.html)
Thank you sir!
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6514/img92af4.jpg
Photo credit to Greg Rojna, rcactionpics.com
Very cool, it reminds me of the silverstone track at the regional finals:wtf:That had no gras either:D
Andy Moore
28-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Here is a short teaser vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4RGg27Rxv0
footey
28-11-2007, 09:30 AM
that track looks ace wish i was going with the english lads
Very Very cool, that is a long lap!!
still awaiting my passport, this time next week we will be on the plane:o
Richard Lowe
28-11-2007, 10:39 AM
It looks bumpy :o
its ok we run losi pistons:D and the tyres are so much bigger over there;)
we wont feel a thing:)
Its HERE!!
Im going to florida!!!:D
"Its HERE!!
Im going to florida!!!"
nice on lee. hope you make the A main:):):)
lil ben
Lee Martin
28-11-2007, 01:02 PM
does look a lil bumpy huh!!!
and its gonna cut up, especially with the 8th cars:o
Lee Martin
28-11-2007, 02:00 PM
i dnt think it will cut up....
just be rippled.............
vader
28-11-2007, 02:16 PM
nice on lee. hope you make the A main:):):)
lil ben
"Lee Farrer goin' down the straightaway!"
So then what finals do you think the brits will make???
lil ben
I reckon i could make the A if they had a naked lap competition.
Ah the good old boring car days:D
I think you have to put pidge and rich down for a top 10, god knows where ill end up, i have never driven on dirt:confused: or had big jumps to deal with:confused:
Im sure you will be fine;);)
lil ben
Andy Moore
29-11-2007, 09:05 PM
116 Entries!
Do you think Richard lowe will let me come in his gigantic hauler so i can come. Its big enough for me and my racing stuff.
lil ben
Do you think Richard lowe will let me come in his gigantic hauler .
lil ben
I very much doubt it:o:D
Northy
30-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Do you think Richard lowe will let me come in his gigantic hauler.......
I don't think so, you'll have to do it in your own room into a sock as usual I would have thought....... :p
G
Lee Martin
30-11-2007, 11:50 AM
hahaahha thts wrong but very funny!
Richard Lowe
30-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Do you think Richard lowe will let me come in his gigantic hauler so i can come. Its big enough for me and my racing stuff.
lil ben
So long as you clean it up after :wtf:
Southwell
30-11-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't think so, you'll have to do it in your own room into a sock as usual I would have thought....... :p
G
Friction burn :o (no not from personal experience!)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.