PDA

View Full Version : x6 7.5 gearing


mark christopher
18-03-2010, 06:47 PM
any one got any starting points?

Mark

ryan_93
18-03-2010, 06:55 PM
i run 22-23 pinion and 78 spur with an lrp x12 7.5

bigred5765
18-03-2010, 07:11 PM
more like 24-26 on a 78

matdodd
18-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I ran my old 7.5 on 26/78

RS Concept
19-03-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi Guys,

You do not really care about the temp of the motor?... I run a LRP 6,5 octa on 19/78 and get really hot. Setup of ESC basic, no brake, no push on throttle.
Maybe the Octa is not the best product?

any help?

thnx

sparrow.2
19-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Brushless motors overheat when you undergear them too. Maybe that is the problem...

Chris Griffiths
19-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Guys,

You do not really care about the temp of the motor?... I run a LRP 6,5 octa on 19/78 and get really hot. Setup of ESC basic, no brake, no push on throttle.
Maybe the Octa is not the best product?

any help?

thnx


I thik that pinions too small, I use 22/78 with a 6.5 and this seems to be what the top lads are running aswell

RS Concept
19-03-2010, 03:42 PM
I thik that pinions too small, I use 22/78 with a 6.5 and this seems to be what the top lads are running aswell

Thanks guys,

So I ll go back to the 22 pinion and will see if the smoke or the performance will go out from the motor :)

Thanks again

super__dan
19-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't want to get into a manufacturer slurr but a 6.5 is the lowest (fastest) wind you'll ever run in a buggy (sensibly) and yes I do believe that the newest LRP motors run hotter than many other manufacturers = heat.

Of course each manufacturers motors need specific tailored gearing. That said I run a 23*76 on a 7.5 so for the motors I run you're not exactly miles away, I certainly doubt are enough away to generate a lot of excessive heat by being on the 'wrong' gearing. No harm in trying though if it's got a thermal cutout?

TonyM
19-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I concur with Ryan with my X12/78/22. It's true the X12's do run quite a bit hotter than other motors - certainly compared to my Ballistics on same wind/spur/pinion, so I've always been careful in not over-doing the pinion size.

I guess it also depends on the track size and complexity. The smaller the track and higher the technicality the lower the pinion as top speed is not so relevant.

i run 22-23 pinion and 78 spur with an lrp x12 7.5

Alex_X6
19-03-2010, 09:59 PM
whit 1750g, i use a 24\78 whit a speed passion 6,5T, whit temperatures like 55º after 5m runing hard...

bert digler
19-03-2010, 10:33 PM
whit 1750g, i use a 24\78 whit a speed passion 6,5T, whit temperatures like 55º after 5m runing hard...

26/ 81 runs stone cold lrp x11 12.5mm rotor;)

RS Concept
20-03-2010, 07:27 AM
whit 1750g, i use a 24\78 whit a speed passion 6,5T, whit temperatures like 55º after 5m runing hard...


this is crazy.... that weight and still no hightemp.

Lochness Pavel from Slovakia told me also, that the SP motors runs cooler.
Probably my Octa will fly away from my X6sq.... pity, because I have used it for 6 runs...30min

Thanks for the clear infos.

Alex_X6
22-03-2010, 11:48 PM
yes, its a nice temp in the motor... like i said, is a 6,5T SP v.3, whit an open case... whit my 7,5 v.3 i run whit more temperature (70º), certanly because he is closed motor body..

im gonna open a new topic whit a video off my car whit this gearing in a indoor, where, in Portugal, the "Super Models Winter series", so you can se the way that he moves :thumbsup: