PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Diff Balls (ZX-5)


littlened
19-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Where can I get hold of some online?

simoncrabb
19-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Atomic Carbon or Ghost RC sell them.

Beanie
19-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Or Vampire Racing ones from DMS perhaps?

carlin
19-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm runnining the EDIT ones

littlened
19-03-2010, 02:27 PM
What's the advantage of using them, do they just last longer being a tougher material?

Usually how often do the standard balls need changing?

simoncrabb
19-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Much smoother diff, that stays smoother for longer.

Steel balls are a lot softer, comparitively.

I rarely run steel balls - perhaps in a front diff when it's less important?

RogerM
23-03-2010, 09:56 AM
I use either genuine Kyosho carbide or the balls MicroTech Racing supply, never had smoother diffs!!

The advantages as stated are smoother and longer lasting diffs, the advantage is really felt (more so than on some other brands) on the Kyosho car as the stock diff balls although very good in terms of roundness are softer than ideal. Shame as all the other Kyosho parts are superb quality!!!

littlened
23-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I use either genuine Kyosho carbide or the balls MicroTech Racing supply, never had smoother diffs!!

The advantages as stated are smoother and longer lasting diffs, the advantage is really felt (more so than on some other brands) on the Kyosho car as the stock diff balls although very good in terms of roundness are softer than ideal. Shame as all the other Kyosho parts are superb quality!!!

Roger, don't suppose you have a link to the microtech racing balls? I did buy a set of balls from them, so maybe I already have what you're talking about?

I have a funny feeling I bought the kyosho balls though.

RogerM
23-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry mate I can not find them on a quick search and I'm meant to be working ;)

If you get in touch with them (phone / e-mail) I'm sure they will sort you out, the best customer service in UK RC supply at the moment IMHO!!

littlened
23-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Sorry mate I can not find them on a quick search and I'm meant to be working ;)

If you get in touch with them (phone / e-mail) I'm sure they will sort you out, the best customer service in UK RC supply at the moment IMHO!!

I ordered almost all of the SP conversion parts from them, infact, most of my stuff has come from them. Very good so far.

Neil Skull
23-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Kyosho Ceramic diff balls.

K.WBD10

They are super good.

The feedback i get is that ceramic wear the plates much quicker.
Carbide seems to be the sensible balance. standard kit carbon steel ones are fine but will wear out, I advise to use the kit ones then when you ready to re-build go to carbide or Ceramic.

Darren Boyle
23-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Kyosho Ceramic diff balls.

K.WBD10

They are super good.

The feedback i get is that ceramic wear the plates much quicker.
Carbide seems to be the sensible balance. standard kit carbon steel ones are fine but will wear out, I advise to use the kit ones then when you ready to re-build go to carbide or Ceramic.

Neil, at over £23 for 12 I would expect the Kyosho ones to "super good" at a abre minimum, I think i will still stick with the already "very good" Vampire ones at £8.99 for the same quantity of 12........ :woot:

paulc
23-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Atomic Carbon ceramic diff balls and thrust race balls £14.00