View Full Version : First Race
barry
21-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Just back from my first off road race since the 80s with my RB5. Had a great day and am chuffed with the car. Slipper was slipping too much in the first round, but after this was fixed by a club member (I bought it pre-built so am not up on current off roaders) it was running really well.
It was a bit sloppy underfoot though, and the mini spikes on the front didn't give loads of grip so will try something spikier next time.
Barry
paulc
21-03-2010, 09:37 PM
what surface are you running on ? maybe try softening the suspension up first
barry
21-03-2010, 11:06 PM
It was grass after rain the day before, so the cars were coming off the track very muddy.
Barry
what surface are you running on ? maybe try softening the suspension up first
RogerM
23-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Some good set-ups in the mail ;)
I'll be posting up the "light weight" RB5 set-ups after this weekend, they are coming on very well but still not 100% where I want the car to be. When running the car at NiMh weight it was pretty much a one-setup-does-all kind of car, I can send you that if you like :)
barry
26-03-2010, 06:49 PM
When running the car at NiMh weight it was pretty much a one-setup-does-all kind of car, I can send you that if you like :)
Yes please!
Barry
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.