View Full Version : why no ifmar micro worlds
watfordtrackwarrior
05-04-2010, 10:33 PM
hi guys was wondering why there dosnt appear to be a world championship for micro cars the top drivers from around the world racing to become micro world champion what a fantastic idea what about it ifmar?:thumbsup:
JonMack
05-04-2010, 11:12 PM
The only countries which race Micro seriously are UK, Germany and Sweden. We all run different rules to my knowledge, but with any luck in a few years there could be Micro Euros, watch this space...
frogger
05-04-2010, 11:35 PM
The US, Belgium, Japan and Australia also run micro's at some clubs on a regular basis. That's enough countries for a good Worlds event.
The only reason why it hasn't been done is because no one has done it. Simples. Are you volunteering Craig? Maybe you should get that elusive charity meeting over and done first :thumbsup:
watfordtrackwarrior
05-04-2010, 11:42 PM
The US, Belgium, Japan and Australia also run micro's at some clubs on a regular basis. That's enough countries for a good Worlds event.
The only reason why it hasn't been done is because no one has done it. Simples. Are you volunteering Craig? Maybe you should get that elusive charity meeting over and done first :thumbsup:
noooooooooooooooo lol:D im working on the charitty meet but ive got some personal issues i need to sort out first but i am working on it only posted this as i found it strange that most classes have a worlds but not in micro i think it would also benefit the manufacturers as they could release ''worlds edition'' kit verstions of their cars as losi and j-concepts did in 10 th with the xx4 and bj4
c0sie
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
The US, Belgium, Japan and Australia also run micro's at some clubs on a regular basis. That's enough countries for a good Worlds event.
The only reason why it hasn't been done is because no one has done it. Simples. Are you volunteering Craig? Maybe you should get that elusive charity meeting over and done first :thumbsup:
:confused:
Seriously Carl, where do you get these opinions from? They are very damaging...you know?
The reason it hasnt been done (an IFMAR Worlds) is because IFMAR dont 'recognise' the Micro section.
You cant have an IFMAR worlds without IFMAR.....
If it was as simple as booking a hall and getting a handful of foreigners over I think I could quite easily do that, but it isnt that 'simples'.
Honestly, I think you should get yourself onto the Committee, get yourself involved with the inner workings of all this and you will soon realise that the opinion of how it all works from the outside is VERY much different to how it actually works on the inside.
You are an influencial man within this Section, and your comments about how it hasnt been done cos nobody has bothered yet etc dont do us any favours.
Leave this stuff to the people who have the ability to organise such an event cos the whole "we dont need the BRCA"/"organising a worlds in easy"/"theres no enthusiasm in the section" posts are wholly incorrent.
frogger
06-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Yet another prime example of how you take everything in a negative light and too personally. You just love to make more of people's words than what there are and you wonder why there is upheaval. I did not say anywhere in my post that no one can be 'bothered'.
If you actually re-read my post in a positive way then it says no more than 'if anyone wants to do it then it can be done'. And it is actually quite simple in comparison to many other far more serious things not worth talking about on a radio control forum.
It doesn't matter squat whether IFMAR recognises micro's now or not. If that is part of the process then all that needs doing is to actually start the process of getting them to recognise it. Assumingly there are steps before that and again, all it needs is someone to start those steps.
Who knows, maybe the process is underway but it has not been said anywhere which doesn't make those of us that don't know ignorant as it's not our jobs to know, it only means we have not been informed.
Before Rome was built it was exactly the same thing, no one had done it yet but hey ho, in the end someone got off their rear ends and actually did it.
My accelerated life experience far exceeds yours old boy, I've told you before, maybe it's time you stop acting so negatively and over emotionally. :thumbdown:
c0sie
06-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Life experiences are irrelevant. You know nothing of my life experiences except for the fact that 5 years ago there were no big scale micro meetings etc and then I got an RC18T...
I dont see why you keep bringing up this "life experience" thing?
Rest assured that "the process" is underway, and is very much dependant on the out come of the EGM.
Maybe I do take some things to heart, but maybe that is because I am passionate about what I have done over the last 5 years and am passionate about the next 5 years.
I have no financial interest in this section, nothing to be gained by doing what I do, I also see myself moving ever closer to a permanent B-final spot. I just want to ensure that the next 5 years of the micro section are as prosperous as the last 5 years.
markwilliamson2001
06-04-2010, 09:52 AM
:wtf: :o :confused:
frogger
06-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Life experiences are irrelevant.
Maybe I do take some things to heart, but maybe that is because I am passionate about what I have done over the last 5 years and am passionate about the next 5 years.
No it's not infact. The appropriate life experience would have taught you by now that if you act overly emotional in certain circumstances and react in certain ways then you won't actually make any forward progress. All you'll end up doing is alienate some of those people that support you the most. It's sometimes better to take a step back, assess from a distance and then as difficult as it might be react in a positive way.
c0sie
06-04-2010, 10:02 AM
You have PM, old man ;)
frogger
06-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Don't be shocked Mark, me and Oxman love each other really. This is a little bit like pre-EGM foreplay for a lack of a better description :thumbsup: :blush:
c0sie
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
HAHA!! @ pre-EGM foreplay!
millzy
06-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Life experiences are irrelevant. You know nothing of my life experiences except for the fact that 5 years ago there were no big scale micro meetings etc and then I got an RC18T...
I dont see why you keep bringing up this "life experience" thing?
Rest assured that "the process" is underway, and is very much dependant on the out come of the EGM.
Maybe I do take some things to heart, but maybe that is because I am passionate about what I have done over the last 5 years and am passionate about the next 5 years.
I have no financial interest in this section, nothing to be gained by doing what I do, I also see myself moving ever closer to a permanent B-final spot. I just want to ensure that the next 5 years of the micro section are as prosperous as the last 5 years.
if you book it they will come lol
If there was a worlds it would be very cool
markwilliamson2001
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Would the event initially have to be IFMAR related? Build it and they will come ;-). How about an old-style reedy invitational to start? With top 30 drivers from each country over a weekend meeting?
you don't require IFMARS permission to have a worlds, just look at the stock and oval section, and the bikes.
Smartalec
06-04-2010, 11:18 AM
you don't require IFMARS permission to have a worlds, just look at the stock and oval section, and the bikes.
Correct :thumbsup:
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Life experiences are irrelevant. You know nothing of my life experiences except for the fact that 5 years ago there were no big scale micro meetings etc and then I got an RC18T...
I dont see why you keep bringing up this "life experience" thing?
Rest assured that "the process" is underway, and is very much dependant on the out come of the EGM.
Maybe I do take some things to heart, but maybe that is because I am passionate about what I have done over the last 5 years and am passionate about the next 5 years.
I have no financial interest in this section, nothing to be gained by doing what I do, I also see myself moving ever closer to a permanent B-final spot. I just want to ensure that the next 5 years of the micro section are as prosperous as the last 5 years.
:wtf::eh?::bored::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
terribly ironic, self-absorbed, and superficial that anyone could suggest that the world stopped
and micro-racing started just because THEY bought an RC18T.............rofl :woot:
No it's not infact. The appropriate life experience would have taught you by now that if you act overly emotional in certain circumstances and react in certain ways then you won't actually make any forward progress. All you'll end up doing is alienate some of those people that support you the most. It's sometimes better to take a step back, assess from a distance and then as difficult as it might be react in a positive way.
still nothing like two girls going at it........... ya'll should break out the handbags
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
....
c0sie
06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Wow, a forum that hasnt banned you yet Rob.
There's always one, right?
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Naw...... there are a few not moderated by women permanently on the rag, or funny-looking guys with a complex, where men can discusss things like adults, nor are required to take Cris's word as God's.
gaffer
06-04-2010, 03:48 PM
HAHA!! @ pre-EGM foreplay!
Foreplay? really looking forward to the egm, just hope the foreplay doesnt move up a notch and clothes get taken off.
Stuart.
Lonestar
06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
well as this is the "being provocative" thread, let me just jump in.
Because there isn't much sustainable commercial potential for micro. RC Organizations support those classes and technical choices that either (1) have historical RC significance (12th scale, 8th scale onroad) or (ii) have financial lobbying behind them (think 5-cells for instance and why it's taken so long to "legalize" lipo) that believe in global financial potential - that's most of the existing classes.
Micro scale cars have been commercial fads since Tamiya's first Tamtechs (1986 if I aint mistaken), no proven sustainability => no push from manufacturers => no championships.
Paul
frogger
06-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Sorry Paul, don't agree. Micro's have far more sales potential than most if not any other class because they are aimed at the mainstream market. They are at a lower entry price point and most platforms are multi function (RC18 buggy, truck, SC, rally, etc.) and so sales volumes have a much larger potential. The Losi Mini-T variants and the RC18 platform has been around for many years.
A smaller sized car that can be used at home and on the race track at a lower entry point and reconfigurable as pretty much any 'fad' body style type has way more global commercial sales potential. In the end it all still comes down to where the marketing dollars are spent and since this is still a niche hobby (even on a global scale) the numbers can be skewed in one direction or another.
Personally I think one of the reasons they are not yet raced seriously on a global scale is because the marketing dollars were spent on the entry level users as apposed to serious racers so they have been seen as toys as apposed to 'proper' race cars. Cris started this whole thing a few years ago, we have completed 3 whole BRCA sanctioned series with rules now starting to reach maturity. Manufacturers are already starting to take it seriously enough that we will be seeing 'proper' race cars in the very near future.
my personal opinion, till the cars are better, then they won't find big favour.
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 06:06 PM
my personal opinion, till the cars are better, then they won't find big favour.
:wtf:
Better than what?
I don't care what "scale" you're talking about, we're still racing toy cars - and last I checked everything breaks if you crash it.
well, they have gone to a longer wheelbase, good, they are wider when they started and now the RC18T2 has a slipper. For me, it wasn't so much the breakage from having an 'off' but the fact that it took a lot of work to make a car just reliable.
But as I say, thats just my 'personal opinion'.
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Don't know of a true racer that comes "reliable out of the box."
Always been a part of the hobby, and racing in general, to make it better than it was (and more reliable) to stand up to the rigors we put them through. ;)
c0sie
06-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry Rob but I cannot listen to the opinions of a man who is banned from more forums across the world than I have ever visited.
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry Crissy, but I can't listen to the opinions of a woman dressed in men's clothing who's so impressed with themselves they fail to rationaize when they're blathering on aimlessly.
Don't know of a true racer that comes "reliable out of the box."
Always been a part of the hobby, and racing in general, to make it better than it was (and more reliable) to stand up to the rigors we put them through. ;)
RC10B4, Losi XXX CR, Tamiya's..... erm.... I think most other classes have cars that are in general, reliable..... I am guessing you love provoking discussion.....
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 06:42 PM
..... I am guessing you love provoking discussion.....
:yawn:
I think you were trying to do that when you said, "till the cars are better, then they won't find big favour." :rolleyes:
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 06:52 PM
what-ever shortbus http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3291/shortbus.jpg
Agt26
06-04-2010, 07:10 PM
fail :woot:
Lonestar
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
A smaller sized car that can be used at home and on the race track at a lower entry point and reconfigurable as pretty much any 'fad' body style type has way more global commercial sales potential.
I hear you - the problem is that they compete against products of similar size but 1/4 of the price, that you can find a walmart and carrefour... Most non rc-ers have no idea what a propo radio is and don't understand why that 20cm car would cost EUR150 in a hobby shop while a "similar" car would fetch EUR40 at their local supermarket.
Additionnaly I believe that it costs marginally more money to manufacture a 10th scaler than an 18th scaler... But the manufacturers can charge a lot more money for it, behind "size impression". So, bigger scales (to some extent) = more profitable market = more push, and manuf'ers can't chase too many targets at once, especially these cash-constrained days.
I don't think small-scale cars have a sustainable future, certainly not when one can now get a 2.4G, brushless powered RTR AE B4 for a mere $220.
Paul
PS: not sure who said out-of-the-box cars can't be reliable and competitive... I run a box-stock FT B4, no breakage, and I win races with it. I run a box-stock (ok, there's a couple of eye-candy alloy bits on it) MBX-6 and I win races with it... I run a 100% box-stock xray T3, and, well, I don't win races with it as I'm not good enough in this very demanding class anymore, but I'm pretty darn close sometimes. None of these cars has suffered ANY reliability issues the past 12 months. Things ain't what they used to be any more, but in the right direction now ;)
Chequered Flag Racing
06-04-2010, 08:32 PM
you don't require IFMARS permission to have a worlds, just look at the stock and oval section, and the bikes.
bit like America then were they have a 'Worlds' for everything in there own back garden :lol:
JonMack
06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
well, they have gone to a longer wheelbase, good, they are wider when they started and now the RC18T2 has a slipper. For me, it wasn't so much the breakage from having an 'off' but the fact that it took a lot of work to make a car just reliable.
But as I say, thats just my 'personal opinion'.
http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/lrp-shark-18-race-monster-truck-factory-team-non-rtr-i687.html
You don't have to run the longer wb chassis to be competitive at all, it's just something we've chosen to do because it makes them nicer to drive. If you're a good enough driver you could fit your electronics in that car above and win a micro national with that setup and some decent wheels/tyres, I guarantee it.
watfordtrackwarrior
06-04-2010, 09:00 PM
bit like America then were they have a 'Worlds' for everything in there own back garden :lol:
you say that but not just in the states its same in othersports eg snooker where the uk is really the only country its played in yet we have a world championship:thumbsup:
frogger
06-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't think small-scale cars have a sustainable future
You don't have to think about it, it has already been proven that they have. The Mini-T, Anderson series, RC18 series, etc. have been on the market for years and years and there are still new models being released today (Losi Desert buggy, Vendetta SC, RC18B2, etc.) and the same old platforms updated.
You seem to base your idea around the fact that bigger is better. Not everyone thinks that way. People especially in the UK cannot run a 1/10th scale car or buggy in their house. Most people don't have a back garden big enough to run one either. They also wouldn't know a proper track existed near their house if it hit them in the face. The market potential for a smaller scale is infinitely higher than larger cars. You and me can speculate but unless we know the real numbers it's nonsense talk. :D
Yes there are crappy 1/18 buggies around (and even more crappy 1/10th buggies!) that should not be used for racing but anyone stating there are no reliable 1/18 cars obviously have never owned a LRP Shark FT. It's a many times tougher than any 1/10th scale buggy I have ever owned (and I have owned a few), much cheaper to run, much cheaper to fix, just as fast if not faster with the right motor and no less fun to drive. The only issue so far has been that until recently they have been marketed to the wrong audience.
peetbee
06-04-2010, 10:07 PM
....
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 10:10 PM
you say that but not just in the states its same in othersports eg snooker where the uk is really the only country its played in yet we have a world championship:thumbsup:
how true - and yet you guys also have all sorts of UK-only racing series and such and (no offense intended) call them "nationals," whereas in the States we have actual states that are as large as the UK. ;)
~ it's all good :thumbsup:
Actually, you probably got states that are BIGGER than the UK, but less POPULATED, but it's all good...
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 10:50 PM
we prefer having a little space between our homes ;)
some of our smaller states are amongst the more heavily populated compared to their land mass, which really proves nothing other than they're packed.
UK = 62 million
California = 37 million (plus another 49 states = 310 million)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bored now sprocketnob
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 11:32 PM
:rolleyes: you do appear to get bored easily, shortbus, apparently when attempting to have an adult conversation
Jamie.T
06-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Rob, i have read your utter rubbish you post on an hourly basis on many forums now and it appears your the only one who consistently CANT have an adult conversation.
You feel the need to name call at every given opportunity and you don't appear to have the ability to accept when your wrong. Instead you retaliate with abusive and vindictive comments.
Please do us all a favor and go away now.
Anyone else agree with me?
frogger
06-04-2010, 11:53 PM
I can't believe how such a seemingly innocent question/initial post has descended into such depths. The world of RC is freaking emotional man. :wtf::eh?:
rocketrob
06-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Rob, i have read your utter rubbish you post on an hourly basis on many forums now and it appears your the only one who consistently CANT have an adult conversation.
You feel the need to name call at every given opportunity and you don't appear to have the ability to accept when your wrong. Instead you retaliate with abusive and vindictive comments.
Please do us all a favor and go away now.
Anyone else agree with me?
playing tough guy doesn't look good on ya, barney
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4296/barneyfifesuperhero2445.jpg
markwilliamson2001
07-04-2010, 07:52 AM
:eh?::o:yawn::(:confused::thumbdown:
I can't believe how such a seemingly innocent question/initial post has descended into such depths. The world of RC is freaking emotional man. :wtf::eh?:
:woot:
Jamie.T
07-04-2010, 09:15 AM
playing tough guy doesn't look good on ya, barney
Just goes to prove who really CANT have an adult conversation.
Jamie......
peetbee
07-04-2010, 09:55 AM
....
Lonestar
07-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Frogger
I understand your point. I am not challenging whether 18th scalers are the "right" or the "wrong" product.
There's a few tracks in my area, and they cater to 8th, 10th, 12th, and 5th scale... no successful 18th scale track. Someone actually opened one a few months ago but it seems he'll close it as he isn't getting the required attendance levels to break even, even though he marketed it to the local racer community as a "cheaper" way to race. Racers still like the other classes... I don't see any competitive, pan-regional small scale racing being organised soon, with the big shot drivers sent by manufacturers to such races. I don't see many (if at all) small scale racing being relayed by the press and the internet, barring the odd headline on oople. No regional racing => no worlds (this only works for baseball otherwise).
Commercially, if small scale is here to stay, well, I haven't seen it appear as such yet. If the level of "news" in one category is an indication of this category's health, take xray - Juraj's recent column clearly specified "we don't see any opportunity in evolving any of our 18th scale cars as they fit the market needs right now". If you know how greedy the Hudy family is (if only to pay their plants' bills) and you look into how they've expanded their lineup these past 10yrs and how often they release "updates" for their core lines, this is a STRONG signal that they're disinterested from this segment - which is a shame as their stuff is simply BiC.
Likewise, HPI has thrown ridiculous amounts of money at supporting the micro-rs4. There's been a cult following for a couple of years, it's all gone now. If these guys haven't cracked it with their ludicrous marketing firepower, no-one will.
Paul
c0sie
07-04-2010, 12:19 PM
If Jurai had designed a 18th car that was actually good to start with they may very well have a market share, however they built a car totally unrelated to any previous XRAY designs or build standards, and with over priced optional parts.
The M18T may well have done good with Zack over in America, but it certainly never took off in the UK and if it wasnt for Zack I doubt that Xray would have won as much as they have done so.
XRAY's take on the micro scene across the globe is very much irrelevant IMO to how things actually are.
Cris,
Any insight as to why EFRA or IFMAR don't recognise a Micro class?
c0sie
07-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Keith,
Someone needs to approach them in turn with a idiot/loop-hole proof set of dimensional rules and event rules. I have no doubt that EFRA and IFMAR know that "we" exist.....but with some many variations of rules there is no way that anyone will take us onboard until a "perfect" set of rules is drawn up.
Its something id like to hope to work on depending on the EGM results ;)
rocketrob
07-04-2010, 12:51 PM
And before you waste our time with another reply Rob, please Don't get girlish and offended just because WE are giving an honest opinion.
You are like a bunch of children at a schoolyard fight, piling on the guy that didn't start it while acting like a bunch of bullies....you're pitifull
grow up
c0sie
07-04-2010, 12:53 PM
For the love of god Rob,
There is no doubt a good reason why you have been banned on so many forums across the globe, not just my forum.
Please dont come into this forum and mess things up like you normally do. oOple does not deserve you doing that again.
rocketrob
07-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Crissy, for the love of God LEAVE ME ALONE. I was fine here until you decided to single me out, and repeatedly call me out personally in these threads, and then call in your gang of hoodlums to pile on.
I have several PMs in my inbox from other members here mentioning you specifically, and what a jerk you are, and while you can bully people and push them around on YOUR stupid forum that doesn't give you open license to do it here too. oOple doesn't deserve it.
rocketrob
07-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Frogger
Commercially, if small scale is here to stay, well, I haven't seen it appear as such yet. If the level of "news" in one category is an indication of this category's health, take xray - Juraj's recent column clearly specified "we don't see any opportunity in evolving any of our 18th scale cars as they fit the market needs right now". If you know how greedy the Hudy family is (if only to pay their plants' bills) and you look into how they've expanded their lineup these past 10yrs and how often they release "updates" for their core lines, this is a STRONG signal that they're disinterested from this segment - which is a shame as their stuff is simply BiC.
Likewise, HPI has thrown ridiculous amounts of money at supporting the micro-rs4. There's been a cult following for a couple of years, it's all gone now. If these guys haven't cracked it with their ludicrous marketing firepower, no-one will.
Paul
Paul:
Just looking at it from a sales point of view over here in the States, XRay's mini's have never sold in part because they were always at the high-end of the price spectrum and never hooked up with a major distributor so there never any replacement parts in any hobby shops Just like their 8th scale rigs, a factory driver here or there, but nobody (the masses) using them at the tracks.
The Micro RS4 was rather short-lived, like seemingly EVERY other HPI release. And it might have also had something to do with it being an on-road car, the smallest segment of the hobby, and the fact that it was superceeded on the track by the M18 so racers stopped buying them.
c0sie
07-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I have several PMs in my inbox from other members here mentioning you specifically, and what a jerk you are, and while you can bully people and push them around on YOUR stupid forum that doesn't give you open license to do it here too. oOple doesn't deserve it.
Rob, Ill put money on it you dont.
I have emails here from my sponsors quoting emails you had sent to them with details of a fake distribution company that you apparently ran where you tell them that I have "falsely harrassed a US citizen" and therefore your company would not deal with any of my sponsors.
What kinda man does that eh Rob? Emailing my sponsors because I banned you on my forum for causing loads of grief?
Infact I even have an email here from a friend who threatened to take you to court for harrassing them over on RCTech.
But you carry on Rob. Have all the fun you like.
frogger
07-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Paul, so I guess if it's the world according to the Hudy's current investment then 1/10th scale off road has no future either :lol:
The world is not defined by only Xray and HPI. The list of manufacturers that have released 1/18th and 1/16th scale cars/trucks/buggies in the last 12-18 months: Traxxas, Team Associated, LRP, Carisma, Losi, Duratrax, Exotek, Robitronic, etc. and that's not all, there are a few more coming this year! Time to come out of that cave buddy, the sun is out and summer is here. :thumbsup:
c0sie
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I can think of at least 2 new cars coming out this year :)
The future is bright :)
rocketrob
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Rob, Ill put money on it you dont :)
Crissy, and you would be wrong..... AGAIN http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/2963/losersmilie.gif
Here's a sample of just one - "You are so right about oxley:D but i think he maybe on his way out this weekend at the egm:thumbsup:"
I have emails here from my sponsors quoting emails you had sent to them with details of a fake distribution company that you apparently ran where you tell them that I have "falsely harrassed a US citizen" and therefore your company would not deal with any of my sponsors.
What kinda man does that eh Rob? Emailing my sponsors because I banned you on my forum for causing loads of grief?
Infact I even have an email here from a friend who threatened to take you to court for harrassing them over on RCTech.
But you carry on Rob. Have all the fun you like.
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7398/bsflagja9.gif http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4729/smilieyhahamy4.gif http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2189/smiliewipingawaytearsua9.gif
Now if you're going to insist on dragging old tiffs onto this forum, I'll be happy to set the facts straight.
You're more than welcome to make up all the stuff you want, but your reality differs greatly from the truth.
In fact, I know you went to some of my former sponsors and lobbied to have them drop me (they told me as such). Good on you. :rolleyes:
No biggie, as they were European manufacturers I was helping introduce their products to the US-market (my true friends remained and our relationship continues) I never became involved in this hobby, or this scale, so as to pick up free-bies and have never used the forums to do so either (unlike someone else we know). But in the bigger scheme of things you cost your own sponsors business on the other side of the pond due to your rantings. Tell me, what sort of man, let alone a racer that's supposedly interested in growing the hobby, would do such a thing?
Have you ever wondered why your forum gets so little traffic, now? It's because you chased everyone else off. You chased off everyone that didn't drop in lock-step behind you, and banned or beat up on everyone that didn't agree with everything you said. What kind of real man does that? RCTech? Funny you mention it, I'm on there all the time BTW and don't have a problem with anyone, but have you ever wondered why nobody responds to you there? It's because everyone's up on your games and nobody cares what you say on anything!
oOple and it's members doesn't deserve your BS, bullying tactics, and rubbish.
This isn't your forum, so stop treating it like it is.
Either allow this topic, and others, to get back ON-TOPIC
and/or go back to your little forum where you call the shots and can push people around all you want.
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1995/backtotopicsmiliesx5.gif
P.S. I've really got better things to do than defending myself from your repeated attacks, rumors, lies and inuendo, and I suspect you have better things to do than stalk me and coming up with coy responses to all my posts. Maybe not.............
markwilliamson2001
07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
:mad::wtf: This thread sucks..... :thumbdown::thumbdown:
rocketrob
07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
found via Google search
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4241/cris20oxley20jan20081.jpg
Thomas P
07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I can think of at least 2 new cars coming out this year :)
The future is bright :)
Ok Chris...so you have said A...now it is time for the Bés...
:thumbsup:
c0sie
07-04-2010, 01:33 PM
What do you mean Thomas? You have confused me lol!
peetbee
07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
....
watfordtrackwarrior
07-04-2010, 08:55 PM
omg wot have i started here simple question has turned into a war zone:o:confused::thumbdown:
rocketrob
07-04-2010, 09:10 PM
However, I couldn't carry on fighting your corner as whilst you may not have started it you seem intent on continuing it, there and now on here.
If you had been paying attention you would have noted I didn't "start it" here, or over there, and my last visit there was well over a year ago (so no, I don't remember you. just crissy's incessant baiting and banter) - yet the true irony is that so many of you piled on was way over the top. I tired of it there, and darn sure didn't want it or expect it here. If you're going to lecture anyone, find the right target.
And if you paid attention you would have seen that I said "whilst you may not have started it".
Bye
Yet it sure didn't stop you from jumping down my throat, and blaming me; instead of identifying and calling out who DID start it?
Do us all a favor and get lost Rob. You really don't know when to shut up do you?
Do us all a favor and GROW UP, thom.
Jamie.T
07-04-2010, 09:22 PM
OOoooooohhh, lets all feel sorry for the little Yank. NOOOOOOT.
Do us all a favor and get lost Rob. You really don't know when to shut up do you?
Maybe if we did have a worlds Cris, we could all meet Rob in person. I'm sure wed have a lovely conversation over a nice cup of tea. LOL :thumbsup:
Mike Haswell
07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, I will point out that there isn't any IFMAR or EFRA events for 1/8th Oval or Mini-Stox and they have been around for a lot longer. EFRA won't create another section and they would fall under the Electric Track and Electric Off-Road sections for the respective construction rules with batteries and motors being shared. If there is only a couple of countries racing them then it is unrealistic to expect it to happen.
As an aside, the BRCA - only country within the EFRA Bloc - actually has more members than ROAR.
peetbee
07-04-2010, 09:44 PM
....
rcracer
07-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I think it would be best if you guys kept all this to pm's or email and keep this thread on topic ..
jimmy
07-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Lots of anger :o
It's just toys lads!
I'm hoping for some big one-off micro meetings - if you build it they will come.
gaffer
08-04-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm hoping for some big one-off micro meetings - if you build it they will come.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, would love to see some big 2 day micro meeting.
Game on.
markwilliamson2001
08-04-2010, 08:21 AM
You forgot the drinks emoticon gaffer :D
Lonestar
08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Paul, so I guess if it's the world according to the Hudy's current investment then 1/10th scale off road has no future either :lol:
The world is not defined by only Xray and HPI. The list of manufacturers that have released 1/18th and 1/16th scale cars/trucks/buggies in the last 12-18 months: Traxxas, Team Associated, LRP, Carisma, Losi, Duratrax, Exotek, Robitronic, etc. and that's not all, there are a few more coming this year! Time to come out of that cave buddy, the sun is out and summer is here. :thumbsup:
Guys
you all have good points - but if you're getting insulting, then I will become nasty myself, so please watch it ;) This unfortunately is a recurring behavior when rc'ers feel their own favorite category/track/brand/younameit is "attacked".
You've missed the point regarding my xray comment - I'm saying that this is a company that is thriving on useless updates to make a living. The difference vs. 10th scale offroad is that they haven't gotten into the category, as opposed to 18th scale. If they had released a 10th scale offroad car and would have stopped updating it every 9mths, now THAT would have been a signal.
Regarding the microRS4 - it looks weird now as DTM is dying, but when it was launched there had never been a more popular class that EP DTM... back then it was offroad that was half-dead. Still, they haven't cracked it. BTW, if you can't think about any HPI product that was long-lived, think again: belt-driven original RS4 (Still lives on under the sprint name more or less), or Savage (now how's that for a long-lived dynasty?).
The world certainly isn't limited to HPI and xray - but there aren't that many global players either... in the quoted list of recent manuf'ers who have released smallscalers, there's mostly regional or niche players (carisma, duracrap, robi, exotec, even lrp...). This isn't enough firepower to drive a global program.
Remember: the original question was: "why no mini/micro worlds?". You can turn it around any way you like, but the fact is that there are no "big" smallscale competitions indeed... even though smallscales have been around since the Tamtech in '86 (or so), and tamiya sold craploads of them back then... Masami himself was doing tamtech demos back in the days, so it isn't like there wasn't a push from the right people. Every X years, some big manufacturer floods the market with a small scale car... Despite this, today, no "real" organised micro racing, at least not consistently across the globe. I'm trying to provide reasons why this isn't happening... If you keep saying "you're wrong you're wrong you blind fool" then you're simply denying reality. It hasn't happened for the past 25yrs during the heyday of the hobby, it won't happen now or during the close future.
Don't get me wrong: I'd love to see it happen as I think all modellers, regardless of the category, deserve their sanctioned racing. I just wouldn't bet on the fact that you'll have it anytime soon ;)
Paul
frogger
08-04-2010, 10:23 AM
you all have good points - but if you're getting insulting, then I will become nasty myself, so please watch it ;) This unfortunately is a recurring behavior when rc'ers feel their own favorite category/track/brand/younameit is "attacked".
Paul, it's not RC'ers, it's normal human behaviour. Whenever you 'attack' anything that people love to do you will no doubt get someone on the defensive.
People in the public eye such as mr Hudy make statements all the time that are nothing more than a PR answer to an internal business decision they have taken. It really doesn't matter why they don't have a 10th scale off roader or are not updating their smaller line, all it proves is that XRay are clearly a company happy to stick to what they know best for the time being, for whatever reason. Unless we know their financials/motivations we are only speculating.
The fact is all forms and classes of RC are niche globally. With the internet manufacturers can have global reach very easily without a lot of firepower or a need to be in all locations. We have been using Exotek products here since their inception even without a local distributor, something they got only recently.
Duratrax rebrand other people's stuff so they have good products and bad products. In the case of the Vendetta range they have taken a small scale car designed by Anderson and put a different label on it and it's better quality than any existing brand of small car out on the market, it's just the yanks that have been a bit slow to realise it but they are coming around and realising it's in a different class to the other more well known but very poor micro cars about. You'll find that LRP has taken the exact same car and rebranded it as LRP because it's so good. Yokomo also sells it over in the Far East.
There are plenty very well organised small scale racing across the globe. The UK have a BRCA recognised national series that runs at 7 different venues over 6-7 months. The US have had the RC Madness On road and Off road nationals for a few years now with 200+ competitors taking part in their 2 day event format, Sweden run their own, etc.
millzy
08-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Man i have one day off and a thread that i thought was going to see if we as Drivers where going to push for a Micro worlds turned into a slanging match.
Oxonator in my book dose a good job with the Micro forum and the whole micro class, personly im not a fan of the quality of the cars however i know things have moved on a little since i last ran one
micro racing allways looks like good clean fun at club nights and Nationals, like most classes it has cheap cars to get new drivers into the class as well as the pricey top end stuff for those looking to compete at a pro level.
realisticy the class is still new next to other froms of rc racing, this type of off the boil forum talk is not going to help any one regardless of there personl views on members and the class its self
keep it clean its ment to be fun
markwilliamson2001
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
:thumbsup::)
frogger
08-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Getting a rise out of people on the forum IS fun? :lol: :lol: :lol:
rocketrob
08-04-2010, 01:15 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9742/hi5.gif http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3255/smiliebeersma9.gif
Lonestar
08-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Again - I keep my fingers crossed that you guys get your worlds event at some point. But I'm willing to be serious money it won't happen for at least 5yrs ;)
Regarding xray - I don't want to sound like a xray buff as I ain't one and I absolutely HATE their marketing machine, and to be completely honest up until a few weeks ago I was racing a HotBodies Cyclone instead of a T3. However, you are missing my point completely. These guys have started from NOWHERE 10 years ago (if you forget Hudy had been subcontracting for Serpent for decades) and then completely penetrated the following segments:
1- 10th DTM EP - they somehow have never managed to take a pan-regional or even worlds title, but boy they've made some pretty impressive showing including lots of a-mains at euros and worlds
2- 8th offroad buggy - again, they started like 5 years ago from NOTHING - and they have won a Euro title (iirc)
3- 10th DTM IC - nada 3 years ago. the NT1 is current Eurochamp I believe
4- small scale - no need to develop this one
5- 8th offroad truggy - not too familiar with this one. I think there's an 809T in the works, not sure though
If there's a company that's willing to invest as many segment as they can to fuel their growth, Xray is it. There's nothing that "they do best" because, well, they do quite a lot, and quite well. But every time they see a market opportunity, they jump into the gap and make some money out of it by securing some market share and then relentlessly releasing a new version of their product every 9 to 12 months (which is actually pretty annoying tbh...). If these guys do this on all their product line but one segment (small scale) this is a strong signal. But this was just an example, not a full justification, so please don't make me say what I didn't say.
All in all - I hope you guys get your class recognized :)
Paul
c0sie
08-04-2010, 02:58 PM
5 years?
Ill take that bet with you :p
millzy
08-04-2010, 03:20 PM
What Odds we giving for Harris winnig the worlds in 5 years time then lol
c0sie
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Probably better odds than me winning the Worlds LOL
MrNanoTrax
09-04-2010, 10:05 AM
wow... a micro 'worlds' thread that doesn't mention 1/28th Mini Z? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-Z) :confused: there are several international competitions including the Atomic Mini Z Championship (http://www.redrc.net/2009/11/atomic-mini-z-championship-report/) and PN Racing Mini Z World Cup (http://www.minizworldcup.com/). where have you guys been? :eh?:
c0sie
09-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Thats because here in the UK, the term "micro" was coined to represent the scale of micro cars available at the time ranging from 1/16th to 1/18th scale.
Its a generalisation......I would start panicking too much there...
MrNanoTrax
09-04-2010, 10:25 AM
so..... is this an old thread? my bad :D
frogger
09-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Actually MrNanoTrax, you make a good point. If Mini-Z's can do it then so can 1/16th and 1/18th :thumbsup:
Do you have any numbers you can share with us with regards to Mini-Z drivers globally? How large are your competitions? etc. Would be really interesting to know. I have a UK based Mini-Z company, Bleeding Edge Racing, coming to do demo for us at our High Wycombe open day on May 1st! :)
MrNanoTrax
09-04-2010, 10:48 AM
only the guys from PN Racing & Atomic could give reliable, hard statistics for Mini Z's popularity. we focus on the most recent entry to the micro market, the 1/43rd scale dNano. i read somewhere in this thread that micros have a more promising future in sales & popularity due to their comparitively low cost and convenience factor (indoor) - or something of that nature - and i'll have to agree 110%. every scale started from ZERO and the way the world economy is going only benefits micro.
i've been in touch with one of your reps because we (our parent company) distribute for X-Power - so of course i've heard of BERT ;)
Lonestar
16-02-2015, 03:17 PM
5 years?
Ill take that bet with you :p
The clock is ticking... 2mths left ;)
(Don't ask me what made me think about that discussion... the human brain sometimes does weird things!)
(Note that, in the meantime, xray has entered the 10th offroad market, and quite with some excellence I must say. Still they haven't updated their 18th scale platform...)
Ashleygibb
18-02-2015, 11:11 PM
May aswell just hand the trophy to Craig Harris
Lonestar
27-10-2015, 12:53 PM
5 years?
Ill take that bet with you :p
Cosie... Will you honor your bet? ;)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.