PDA

View Full Version : egm / tyre additive


sldmodels
06-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Just had a quick read through of the EGM proposals, and noticed someone's proposed allowing additive. I just wanted to mention that if one person use additive, we'll all end up HAVING to use additive.

I ran my Blaze at a Dudley meet a year or so ago, and in practice without additive on foams, the car ran well. Round 1, after all the touring cars had put down additive, I had no control of my car what so ever. The cars running additive, we're like F1 cars running wet tyres in the wet, where there's only one line you can follow, so just wanted everyone to be aware of that, as I don't think we need additive. The tyres we've been using so far, have worked fine, and I know recently, there been discussions of what works best where, so not needing a rule change, but I think this is the way to go.

rocketrob
06-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Outdoors, well, we're fighting for traction.
But indoors, decent ozite solves everything.

Personally, if none of us can use it we're all playing on the same playing field.
Whereas if it's allowed, then it opens things up to nothing but a bunch of problematic concerns and issues to deal with.

c0sie
06-04-2010, 09:09 AM
I can think of atleast 3 clubs currently on the National calender that are not allowing additive on their club nights let alone for a National.

I highly doubt the additive proposal will pass, which means that those people putting additive on their foams on the sly will have to continue to cheat I guess?

Mini-JT
06-04-2010, 10:48 AM
....

Checa
06-04-2010, 04:44 PM
I have proposed this for the second year. I know the people who use additve and IT'S NOT ME. If you allow it then they can't be cheating. In the old days that stuff stunk but now you can't smell it it is hard for scrutineers to police it.

JT I Won on rubbers:woot:

c0sie
06-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I have proposed this for the second year. I know the people who use additve and IT'S NOT ME. If you allow it then they can't be cheating. In the old days that stuff stunk but now you can't smell it it is hard for scrutineers to police it.

JT I Won on rubbers:woot:


Come on then Danny, who do you know that is using additive?

Mini-JT
06-04-2010, 07:21 PM
....