View Full Version : Southport Regional
shanks
06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Southport Regional - Any of the Bury lads going?
Me Matt and Rob Mills are having it - just thought id check if anyone else is?
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
njc11
06-04-2010, 02:45 PM
You'll love the track.. its one of the best!! :thumbsup: BB greens if its damp! otherwise Schu yellow mini spikes..
Mid West regional at Kidderminster sunday (another ace track...).. so wont be at Southport im afraid..
Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:
Si Coe
06-04-2010, 02:49 PM
If I'm back from the wedding I'm at Saturday at a sensible time I'll be there. Looks like a big if though as the wedding is in Kent and starts at 3 so no way we'll be heading back before 9-10 I'd say and its a 4 hour drive!
Southports a great track - smoother and flatter than Bury but very fast.
shanks
06-04-2010, 03:04 PM
You'll love the track.. its one of the best!! :thumbsup: BB greens if its damp! otherwise Schu yellow mini spikes..
Mid West regional at Kidderminster sunday (another ace track...).. so wont be at Southport im afraid..
Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:
Cheer Nick re tyres...
Should be good fun - think my driving is a little better now after going to the MattB school of motoring :D
Good luck for the weekend pal
shanks
06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
You'll love the track.. its one of the best!! :thumbsup: BB greens if its damp! otherwise Schu yellow mini spikes..
Mid West regional at Kidderminster sunday (another ace track...).. so wont be at Southport im afraid..
Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:
Just thinking on Nick but do you think shu mini pins would do? not got any spikes for the durango at the moment so just thinking of keeping costs down if possible :thumbsup:
Si Coe
06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
If its really really dry it might work. Pins worked ok just after they changed the Astro last summer when it was dry, warm and the track had bucketloads of grip.
What adaptors do Durangos use anyway? I've got minispikes on Losi and Kyosho pattern wheels you could borrow (if I'm going of course...)
njc11
06-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Just thinking on Nick but do you think shu mini pins would do? not got any spikes for the durango at the moment so just thinking of keeping costs down if possible :thumbsup:
Im not sure mate.. ive never tried them TBH :confused:
Worn mini spikes would be ok if dry.. if damp, defo Ballistic Buggy Spikes (greens)
:thumbsup:
kitesurfer73
06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
No car and no tx at mo so no can to deffo up for next nw r , ill be at bury sunday begging to borrow a car:(:(:(....
shanks
06-04-2010, 05:07 PM
No car and no tx at mo so no can to deffo up for next nw r , ill be at bury sunday begging to borrow a car:(:(:(....
If I had anything to lend you pal I would - but I ain't so I can't lol
shanks
06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
If its really really dry it might work. Pins worked ok just after they changed the Astro last summer when it was dry, warm and the track had bucketloads of grip.
What adaptors do Durangos use anyway? I've got minispikes on Losi and Kyosho pattern wheels you could borrow (if I'm going of course...)
Pins on the rear 12mm hex on the front me thinks (without checking as I am in garage at mo training)
guess I'll have to shell out again !!
kitesurfer73
06-04-2010, 05:35 PM
If I had anything to lend you pal I would - but I ain't so I can't lol
lol might have something in pipe line:D first letter begin's with D...............lol
rob m
06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
shanks plz could you have a look to see if you have a b44 front shock shaft you said you may have plz, im struggling to get one in time ry not got any in stock :(
mattb
06-04-2010, 06:08 PM
shanks plz could you have a look to see if you have a b44 front shock shaft you said you may have plz, im struggling to get one in time ry not got any in stock :(rob use microtech racing if ry has none
Si Coe
06-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Shanks - its Losi fit then in which case I have both Sch yellows and Schu greens. Sch greens aren't as good in the wet as BB greens, but better than yellows.
rob m
06-04-2010, 06:17 PM
rob use microtech racing if ry has nonenon in stock,il give dave a ring at roundabout,if not hope ry gets them in friday but he doubts it
Will there be a guest heat at Southport?
Thanks
Craig Collinson
non in stock,il give dave a ring at roundabout,if not hope ry gets them in friday but he doubts it
If you're really stuck I think I have one. I'll be there Sunday :).
shanks
06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
shanks plz could you have a look to see if you have a b44 front shock shaft you said you may have plz, im struggling to get one in time ry not got any in stock :(
rob had a look and the one i have is
nr: 6459 shock shaft 1.02
any use?
shanks
06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Shanks - its Losi fit then in which case I have both Sch yellows and Schu greens. Sch greens aren't as good in the wet as BB greens, but better than yellows.
Si
Thanks for the offer pal...TBH probably best i just buy some - at least schu yellow spikes - going to need them anyway....
Might just hold of on the greens etc in the vein hope it dosent rain !!
SuperSparkSteve
06-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Southport Regional - Any of the Bury lads going?
Me Matt and Rob Mills are having it - just thought id check if anyone else is?
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Im defo going
shanks
06-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Rob
I also have a set of tamiya TRF dampers - may be able to use them?
let me know if the shaft is no use and ill measure the TRF's
:thumbsup:
rob had a look and the one i have is
nr: 6459 shock shaft 1.02
any use?
Will there be a guest heat at Southport?
There usually is mate.
rob m
09-04-2010, 10:16 AM
If you're really stuck I think I have one. I'll be there Sunday :).thanks, nice one :thumbsup:
bigred5765
09-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Guess we will be doing 2wd instead of 4wd this week guys
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.