PDA

View Full Version : XX4 Gearing


jason76
18-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Can anyone help me? I'm unsure on what gearing to use with my xx4, Im going to be running a 5.5 with lipo on high grip astro track. Is it worth investing in the kevlar spurs? Cheers

Si Coe
18-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Everyone who has run a XX4 tells me to get the Kevlar spurs, but I'm still running standard ones.
I'm running 19/84 with a Novak 5.5 Light and lipos on Astro. Goes quick enough, but heavier on the batteries then my D4 is.

jason76
18-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Is it true that people recomend running an 82t spur due to the 84 catching on the chassis?

Si Coe
18-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure about catching, but my Novak has scratches on the can from the ground! With the 84 it sits so low in the car its pretty much proud of the chassis itself.

Reevsey
19-04-2010, 05:07 PM
on a 82 spur i run a 19 on a 5.5 and she is quick enough :thumbsup:

jason76
19-04-2010, 05:11 PM
standard spur or kevlar cheers

Reevsey
19-04-2010, 05:19 PM
standard spur or kevlar cheers

I run Kevlar

pugboy
20-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I run Kevlar

Me too, and just more personal preference, the ones from the CR. They just look a bit better quality. I usually run about 18-20/82 with a 6.5 and it's quick enough.