PDA

View Full Version : E speed hangers


ian h
19-04-2010, 03:31 PM
When using e speed hangers high should the ball stud be on the front or rear of the hub? I'm currently on the outside hole with the ball stud to the rear and the wheel rubs the ball cup at full droop!!!!!!! I have 3 mm limiters in the shock, do I need more limiters? Is it right as it is? I have tried 3 different type ballcups, all the same result! Just doesn't seem right to me.

super__dan
19-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Are you using stock B4 or B44 hubs? If so have you swapped the round i.e. Left on right as that straigtens the link up and so gives best clearance.

3mm ish sounds about right depending on exactly how you've built your shocks i.e. are the eyelets wound all the way on?

ian h
19-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Are you using stock B4 or B44 hubs? If so have you swapped the round i.e. Left on right as that straigtens the link up and so gives best clearance.

3mm ish sounds about right depending on exactly how you've built your shocks i.e. are the eyelets wound all the way on?

Good lad Dan, bang on as usual, not sure how I managed to have them on the wrong sides, recently changed from racers edge hubs to stock B4. Need to get the alloy ones machined to stop the ballcups popping off when running outside hole on them. Is this a usual problem for the racers edge hubs?

super__dan
19-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Some racers edge hubs have 4 holes which I think is an extra inner hole. I have some but never used them since my B4, so this time I'm afraid I'm out.....................

elvo
19-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Good lad Dan, bang on as usual, not sure how I managed to have them on the wrong sides, recently changed from racers edge hubs to stock B4. Need to get the alloy ones machined to stop the ballcups popping off when running outside hole on them. Is this a usual problem for the racers edge hubs?


Yes. Attack the inner holes with the Dremel. :thumbsup:

ian h
20-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Will do Elvo, cheers dude.:thumbsup:

ian h
20-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Job done on the hubs, should I be putting washers under the ball stud and what effect would this have? (Elvo?)

MattW
20-04-2010, 05:12 PM
From memory, i think 2 x 0.030 AE washers brings them back up to std B4 height.

tony6187
20-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Job done on the hubs, should I be putting washers under the ball stud and what effect would this have? (Elvo?)
putting washers under the ballstud will lift the rear roll centre.this will make the car more responsive and agile(less rear grip) might help with your on power understeer

pugs
20-04-2010, 10:32 PM
.......