PDA

View Full Version : BRCA TC Nationals - likely motor choice?


sosidge
30-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Anyone on here doing BRCA nationals (or any outdoor modified racing) and have a good idea of the sort of wind to run with LiPo?

I'm thinking 5.5 for someone with moderate skills (like myself)... how does that sound?

lukehobson
06-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey,

yeah a 5.0 or 5.5 motor will be suitable, but it won't have the rip and top end that you might want.
At btcc mendip last week I ran a 4.0 and probably felt it could do with a few more ponies.

Gearing wise. On a 4.0 I was on 8.2, a 4.5 i'd say about 7.8, so with a 5.5 yourll be looking in the high 6's for start ratio for mendip (assuming your on LRP/Nosram esc..)

hth
luke

TryHard
06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Most the top boys are on 7.0t Deltas, or 3.5's at the mo is seems, did hear rumours of 3.0t's/6.0tD's going around... That kinda supports Luke's comment above :)

Honestly the speeds are properly impressive...whats more crazy is that the cars are suprisingly nice to drive, and 10.5 is not far behind speed wise.

Ed