PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Piston Confusion


Richard_Griffiths
30-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Hi All

Just wondered if anyone has the actual hole sizes on standard pistons from a ZX5 kit ?

On them is printed as follows

2A
2B
3A
3B

but this dosent explain what the hole sizes are i.e 1.2mm /1.3mm etc.

Any idea ???

Thanks

Rich

simoncrabb
30-04-2010, 06:23 PM
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/ShockPistonComparison.pdf

That lists the sizes:

2A = umm, err, it's not on there...
2B = 1.3mm
3A = 1.1mm
3B = 1.0mm

I was confused too, I ended up drilling some out at Taly...

JonMack
30-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Logic would suggest 2A is 1.4mm... or 1.5mm?

njc11
30-04-2010, 08:52 PM
2B = 1.295mm

2C = 1.19mm

3A = 1.09mm

3B = 0.99mm

:thumbsup:

Neil Skull
30-04-2010, 09:14 PM
hey Nick,

Can you be a little more accurate please:thumbsup:

erkan
30-04-2010, 09:34 PM
so is there a list on what piston is softer or faster than the other?

those holesizes doesnt tell much since there are 2 or 3 holes.. or do i have to calculate the area of the holes to compare?

mattb
30-04-2010, 09:46 PM
2B = 1.295mm

2C = 1.19mm

3A = 1.09mm

3B = 0.99mm

:thumbsup:and i bet you dident have to look that up either lol

njc11
30-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey Neil!... i'll try for next time! :woot:

First run for MP9 on the 16th (NNRC - NRS ).. cant wait!

and i bet you dident have to look that up either lol

oi!! i did actually :p from a comparison chart Mike Pimlott gave me lol!!

Here we go...

3A = Soft

2B

3B

2C = Hard

RogerM
06-05-2010, 12:33 PM
I would recomend using the 3 hole pistons all the time, it's a little more complicated than just working out the areas of the holes as there are many other factors that effect both pack and typical damping rate.

I have a couple of sets drilled out to 3 x 1.2 and 3 x 1.3.

I normally find the cars very consistent and thus don't change pistons much, a good place to start is;

RB5 Fr 3B / Rr 3A

ZX5 FS Fr 3B / Rr 3x 1.3 (assuming LiPo, 3A if running NiMh)

erkan
29-05-2010, 10:53 PM
could we get this threat glued or sticky or something? :thumbsup:

Lowie
27-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Can anyone give the part-numbers of these pistons?
I would like to order some 2C-ones but can not find the part-numbers.
thx

Arn0
27-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Can anyone give the part-numbers of these pistons?
I would like to order some 2C-ones but can not find the part-numbers.
thx
Did a quick research and here what I found:
W5181-03 Shock Pistons - This is a pack of replacement shock pistons for Kyosho trucks and buggies.
HTH

Lowie
27-06-2010, 07:27 PM
thx Arnaud

so I guess all 1/10th Kyosho elactro cars use the same pistons?
Are there no plans of any Kyosho 1/10th bigbore shocks?

on the other hand, ... I don't think bigbore shocks would fit on a RB5 as the stock shocks are allready touching the turnbuckles.

Besides, the Kyosho shocks are great as they are