PDA

View Full Version : ZX5 RS help please


Speeed Freak:)
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Hi guys, I have a ZX5 running a Losi 6.5, currently a 78 spur and a 21 pinion, i'm more than happy with the way it runs, in fact its one of the fastest on the carpet track we run! Motor/esc runs cool too!

Well I got hit and damaged the spur so need a replacement, I have a 76T spur, if i run that with a 18/19 pinion what difference would i expect to see against the 78 with the 21?
Thanks for any help!
Andy

j.m.
03-05-2010, 05:44 AM
Do the math and find out!

21/78=?

18/76=?

19/76=?

If the ratio is a bigger number with the 76t spur, you get more top speed, less acceleration. Smaller number does the opposite.

Jon

Speeed Freak:)
03-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Do the math and find out!

21/78=?

18/76=?

19/76=?

If the ratio is a bigger number with the 76t spur, you get more top speed, less acceleration. Smaller number does the opposite.

Jon

So simple when you know how! Thanks!

Fabs
03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
With the 76T spur I'd only go one tooth down on the pinion, even then you'd be on a higher ratio than before.