PDA

View Full Version : Free race night Friday 14th may


budfish
05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Just got the email from roger it reads......



Dear members
I have organised a FREE race night for FRIDAY 14th May.
It's a test to see if it's possible to run a Friday Night regularly.
The venue is an indoor tennis court so it has a carpeted floor. A previous test say its very grippy.
The date has been confirmed so spread the word to non members.

The venue is:-
The Harper Green Leisure Centre.
Harper Green Rd
Farnworth.
Bolton
BL4 0DH

open to all members and non-members

budfish
05-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I have been to the venue a couple of weeks ago with roger,si and little chris and we all had the buggys out and it was really grippy and a really decent size

anyone who thinks they will be attending please just put a post on here so we have an idea how many will be coming

regards

buds

jameswilkinson7
05-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I'll come... What time?

budfish
05-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Should think setting up from 6pm booking in from 6.30pm hopfully racing 7pm roger will confirm times later

Buds

jameswilkinson7
05-05-2010, 06:31 PM
That should be fine for me:thumbsup:

rc10fan
05-05-2010, 06:32 PM
count me in please. i spoke to roge the other week at bury outdoors about this sounds like a good idea. If you get chance to speak to roge tell him rob has that stageing we talked about for the rostrum :)

Astutekid
05-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi. Yeah i will be there!!

Si Coe
05-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Do I really need to say I'll be there?

Bring a brush - its very dusty in there and you will want to clean your car afterwards!

mattb
05-05-2010, 06:52 PM
ill be there to

mattb
05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
That should be fine for me:thumbsup:james when robs got his wedding out of the way we will all come and race at your track to mate

jameswilkinson7
05-05-2010, 07:00 PM
james when robs got his wedding out of the way we will all come and race at your track to mate

:thumbsup:

kitesurfer73
05-05-2010, 07:39 PM
ill be there with my car

might also bring beer and barby.....

Si Coe
05-05-2010, 08:12 PM
ill be there with my car

might also bring beer and barby.....


Erm - its an indoor track Mark, so starting fires isn't a good idea.....

MRD
05-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a good do :). Are there any restrictions on tyres? Some places don't like minipins on good carpet.

Si Coe
05-05-2010, 08:35 PM
No tyre restrictions. In fact the more insane the better!

The whole point of the free meeting is to test the surface, and the venue. We are looking at it as our future winter home (using 2 tennis courts worth of space for large meetings) and Friday night racing (on just the one court), but before we commit we need to know its up to the task.
Since one of the concerns was the possible effects of our tyres on the surface, we actually want people running minipins to check it holds up.

MRD
05-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Cool. New pins + carpet = Super Wheelies :thumbsup:.

T4miy4 Guy
05-05-2010, 09:10 PM
ill be there with my car

might also bring beer and barby.....


You are a legend! :thumbsup:

Andy

ryanlownie
05-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Sounds pretty good this guys and it's only up the road from me :)

What 4WD to get now??? :p

I'll try pop along just to have a look too, camera in hand!

Hoggy
05-05-2010, 09:34 PM
I,ll be there as well

The race controller
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
ill be there with my car

might also bring beer and barby.....

It's an INDOOR tennis court..............or have you got a doll lined up ?

johnnygibbon
05-05-2010, 11:21 PM
will there be a few classes... 2/4wd.....sc....8th ect? and will there be BIG AIR..............IM IN:thumbsup:

JonyNitro
06-05-2010, 10:10 AM
well I might come if I can be arsed!!No only joking need the practice loads of it:thumbsup:

woOdy
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
I think I might show my face:thumbsup:

madmax
06-05-2010, 11:31 AM
ill show my face and give the cat a blast round

Chris B
06-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Sounds good. I'll come. :thumbsup:

shanks
06-05-2010, 01:26 PM
yep im there too

:thumbsup:

Whiskers
06-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Bummer I can't do fridays because i've got a band rehersal and plus i'm still waiting for bloody parts!!!! Stupid HPI :mad:

T4miy4 Guy
06-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I`ve just cleared it with the misses! :thumbsup:

Andy

P.s i`ll bring some sausages for the barby Mark :woot:

MRD
06-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I'll bring my gazeebo and genny :D.

Adam31
06-05-2010, 04:26 PM
This sounds good going to have to get my mum to look after the little one.

chatts#725
06-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Ill be there with a large supply of carbon fibre, (its taken over from wishbones now got bored with breaking them):thumbsup:

kitesurfer73
07-05-2010, 08:29 AM
I`ve just cleared it with the misses! :thumbsup:

Andy

P.s i`ll bring some sausages for the barby Mark :woot:


Ive found a smokeless barbie so am importing it from OZ:woot::woot::woot::woot:

PRICELESS.........

VinceVegaUK
08-05-2010, 07:44 PM
yea im there with my Durga, I might bring my drift car, or my F1, or my recoil for a bit of extra fun :-)

rob m
09-05-2010, 08:07 AM
yea im there with my Durga, I might bring my drift car, or my F1, or my recoil for a bit of extra fun :-) vince hello,your still with us then? will you be reforming team durga anytime over the summer? you do know andy has gone all posh with a 501?

Si Coe
09-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Actually I hear Andy has switched to a D4 - round about the same time I stopped using mine......

Pitman
09-05-2010, 05:10 PM
hi woody

will you be there with your mad rat !!!!

rob m
10-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Actually I hear Andy has switched to a D4 - round about the same time I stopped using mine......your right si its on his avatar list! a d4 aswell :confused:

Si Coe
10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Meanwhile I've thinking I might just sell mine. I don't need it anymore. I prefer the Losi and its one weakness (snapped belts as happened yesterday) shouldn't be a problem if as I now have a complete spare car. Plus I think I went just as well with the Cat'98 and Ezrun as I had with the D4 and Losi 6.5 yesterday!

VinceVegaUK
10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
vince hello,your still with us then? will you be reforming team durga anytime over the summer? you do know andy has gone all posh with a 501?

Hay, hope you are all keeping well.


Yea I heard! Probably still beat him though especially on carpet :D. I have been busy at work doing long hours finishing my game, i have just started going back to my local indoor club on thursday nights as things have settled now so hopefully after my summer hols next week i will join you guys on a few sundays through the summer. I need to get some spare wheels, shu yellows and a front suspension mount for my DB01.

see you Friday.

Later

VV

www.blurthegame.com (http://www.blurthegame.com)

benknight13
12-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I will be there if i can get a lift sorted from bolten train station.:thumbsup:

Chris B
14-05-2010, 03:23 PM
So when do I turn up?
Is it defo from 6?

T4miy4 Guy
14-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Hay, hope you are all keeping well.


Yea I heard! Probably still beat him though especially on carpet :D.

Errm lol

Chris B
14-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Had a great time tonight. Didn't expect to make the A final so was a bonus.
Shame the dust got EVERYWHERE lol.

jameswilkinson7
14-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Great night, Really enjoyed it:thumbsup:

T4miy4 Guy
15-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah gotta say it was a good night last night!abit dusty to say the least but a great sized venue, good surface happy days!.

I particulary found the round when everyones wheels fell off funny as! well mine (ripped of its wheel hub clean off thanks Si! lol), little chris`s (front end explosion) and Marks rear end brake! all at the same time classic!.

Good turn out so a big thanks to all involved :thumbsup: and some really good racing. Also i was loving James BJ4 it looked awesome, very planted and quick but Shank`s durango looked on the money too :thumbsup: ultra low!

It was good to have team Dugra back on form also,but you ate your words Vince lad! lol

Andy

MRD
15-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Good nights racing :). I wish I'd brought some used pins tho, cooked a full new set :(, but it was fun :thumbsup:

madmax
15-05-2010, 01:03 PM
realy enjoyed myself, i would like to thank everyone who organised the meeting, and shanks for helping me win the a final :thumbsup:

jameswilkinson7
15-05-2010, 01:36 PM
realy enjoyed myself, i would like to thank everyone who organised the meeting, and shanks for helping me win the a final :thumbsup:

:blush: Did you give him that fiver? :woot:

VinceVegaUK
15-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah gotta say it was a good night last night!abit dusty to say the least but a great sized venue, good surface happy days!.

I particulary found the round when everyones wheels fell off funny as! well mine (ripped of its wheel hub clean off thanks Si! lol), little chris`s (front end explosion) and Marks rear end brake! all at the same time classic!.

Good turn out so a big thanks to all involved :thumbsup: and some really good racing. Also i was loving James BJ4 it looked awesome, very planted and quick but Shank`s durango looked on the money too :thumbsup: ultra low!

It was good to have team Dugra back on form also,but you ate your words Vince lad! lol

Andy

Well i didn't do too bad considering, i finished 5th in the B final but it was so close between us all anyone of us could have placed 2nd, but Andy flew with 20 laps to the rest of the fields 19.

TBH i'm still getting to grips with the whole buggy set up, i haven't touched it in a race since last year outdoor bury and with bald stock tamiya tires i think i did quite well :) for indoor i need a lower CoG, anti roll bars, a stiffer set up and grippier tires me thinks, and well done to Andy :p

I have to also Thank Andy / Team Durga for him keeping my car going. Durga + Fire door = broken :-s it was funny but we deffo have to make sure the track stays where it is and not move around so much.

I blipped the throttle on the back straight right behind a car that lost it which hit the track guttering, this flicked the other side of the gutter right into my path and sent my car cart-wheeling down the straight at full speed with no ability to stop and slammed into the fire door.

A few track suggestions
Overlapping and clamping the guttering together with bolts/wing nuts of some kind so they are in a compete chain so if you hit one it would take more effort to move as they would be all connected and would't stick out if some one hit them.

Second i would suggest using fire hose pipes filled with sand and place these on the backs of corners (or under the guttering) to give the corner areas weight so they don't move, much better than solid iron weights (but a good improvisation since it was a massive car killing deterrent for cutting the corner, lol)

Final suggestion something solid for the edging of corners maybe small cones with sand in or 1/4 or 1/2 discarded car tiers so the very tip of the guttering has a weighted end to the corner and gives it a clear definition and less opportunity to cut and get moved about.

All in all a great night and a great venue. Thanks for organising it :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all again soon

Thanks

VV

Pitman
15-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Friday nights racing was a great night

Especially for it's opening night it ran flawlessly

the venue was a good sized warm hall although a little dusty but one of the staff told me there are organising a better cleaning machine to sweep the dust before racing comences... So that's good news

Well done to roger and woody and other track organisers for a good nights racing


Ps when is the next club night there

The race controller
15-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Well i didn't do too bad considering, i finished 5th in the B final but it was so close between us all anyone of us could have placed 2nd, but Andy flew with 20 laps to the rest of the fields 19.

TBH i'm still getting to grips with the whole buggy set up, i haven't touched it in a race since last year outdoor bury and with bald stock tamiya tires i think i did quite well :) for indoor i need a lower CoG, anti roll bars, a stiffer set up and grippier tires me thinks, and well done to Andy :p

I have to also Thank Andy / Team Durga for him keeping my car going. Durga + Fire door = broken :-s it was funny but we deffo have to make sure the track stays where it is and not move around so much.

I blipped the throttle on the back straight right behind a car that lost it which hit the track guttering, this flicked the other side of the gutter right into my path and sent my car cart-wheeling down the straight at full speed with no ability to stop and slammed into the fire door.

A few track suggestions
Overlapping and clamping the guttering together with bolts/wing nuts of some kind so they are in a compete chain so if you hit one it would take more effort to move as they would be all connected and would't stick out if some one hit them.

Second i would suggest using fire hose pipes filled with sand and place these on the backs of corners (or under the guttering) to give the corner areas weight so they don't move, much better than solid iron weights (but a good improvisation since it was a massive car killing deterrent for cutting the corner, lol)

Final suggestion something solid for the edging of corners maybe small cones with sand in or 1/4 or 1/2 discarded car tiers so the very tip of the guttering has a weighted end to the corner and gives it a clear definition and less opportunity to cut and get moved about.

All in all a great night and a great venue. Thanks for organising it :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all again soon

Thanks

VV

More suggestions like this please. We need to think about the limited storage space though.

The race controller
15-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Friday nights racing was a great night

Especially for it's opening night it ran flawlessly

********** the speakers have gone in the bin***************


the venue was a good sized warm hall although a little dusty but one of the staff told me there are organising a better cleaning machine to sweep the dust before racing comences... So that's good news

Well done to roger and woody and other track organisers for a good nights racing


Ps when is the next club night there

***********next one is in the planning************

shanks
17-05-2010, 11:53 AM
:blush: Did you give him that fiver? :woot:


Ok Ok - i guess i should publically apologise !!!

Sorry James for not giving you a wide enough gap to pass me - next time ill come right off the track round the benches so you can get past eh?

only kiding pal - i could have probably moved over more for you - wont happen again :thumbsup:

jameswilkinson7
17-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok Ok - i guess i should publically apologise !!!

Sorry James for not giving you a wide enough gap to pass me - next time ill come right off the track round the benches so you can get past eh?

only kiding pal - i could have probably moved over more for you - wont happen again :thumbsup:

No worries Shanks.. I should have let you know. Ill give you a shout next time:thumbsup: These things happen some times. It was a great nights racing though, on a great surface too. I'm really hoping this can be a permanent venue. Its about an hour away for me but well worth it

shanks
17-05-2010, 01:30 PM
No worries Shanks.. I should have let you know. Ill give you a shout next time:thumbsup: These things happen some times. It was a great nights racing though, on a great surface too. I'm really hoping this can be a permanent venue. Its about an hour away for me but well worth it


Yep just shout pal - dont mind a mate shouting he is lapping to get past :thumbsup:

I think Roger intends to make it permanent - not sure on frequency (personnally id never get away with every friday night)

Budfish was in on the negotiations with the school people - and if he's involved the deal will be as good as can be im sure (in terms of cost and getting it cleaned properly)
:thumbsup:

jameswilkinson7
17-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Once every 2 weeks would be spot on.

rc10fan
17-05-2010, 07:16 PM
every friday would be good for me the more practice i can get in the better :) My wallet cant take much more pounding buying new bits.

See you all at the next meet.

VinceVegaUK
17-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I would do every friday too, even better if we could add a final heat as a 1/10 touring race, just remove the ramps :D and we would have time to put them back in between the short brake before heat 1 starts again? It might get more people to come too.

I would even be happy to pay to run in two heats one as a buggy and one as a tourer :thumbsup: