View Full Version : RB5 CVD
Lowie
09-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I broke my wheel shaft today.
(start, I ran 5 meter and my wheel fell off :confused::confused: .. broken on the last thread.)
I bought my RB5 second hand and I know that the previous owner updated the car with several parts to form a splendid combination.
I had bought some spare axles, but they seem not the right size. The universal is the right size, but not the wheel shaft.
I took a picture, showing the label of the axles I bought, the axles and on the bottom: the broken wheel shaft.
I noticed that this wheel shaft has three rings.
http://www.ludodg.com/RC/RB5/IMG_6848%20%28Small%29.JPG
thx for all advice :)
Hi Ludo,
The driveshaft you're looking for are UM510 (complete driveshaft assembly) or UM510-02 (wheel axle only).
Strangely enough, I had one break exactly the same yesterday morning (in controlled practice of my first ever french national, sic)
It's worth noting that I now use UM522 which has a slightly shorter wheel axle (removes the 2mm spacer between the bearing and the hex) which is what's provided with the RB5-SP (and SP2).
Lowie
09-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Thx Fabs?
(off topic: how was your racing today? Did you make it to the A-final?)
I'll order those wheel shafts asap as I can't drive the car without them.
If you use that shorter wheel shaft, I guess you then have a narrower wheel-base. Doesn't that affect the driving of the car, stability?
No I didn't, qually was on a drying track and I was in bottom heat due to not having a ranking in france.
So B final and good fun races.
It doesn't affect wheel base but track width, but I also run the wider toe-blocks from the SP, which takes the track back to what is was.
Lowie
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
and why that choice?
Are there advantages to this setup (wider toe-blocks, shorter wheel shafts)
I feel it makes the rear end a bit more planted, lower RC. Also moves the driveshafts a little bit further out in the outdrives.
Lowie
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Fabs, do you know by any chance, what type/brand the red wheel-adapter-hex is that is next to the CVD's on my picture?
And why that hex in stead of the regular (plastic?) Kyosho wheel-hex?
I'm not the one you should ask about that hex...
Nathan says it makes the rear end more planted and progressive by widening it.
Did you lose one ? If so tamiya used to make 6mm hexes, maybe they still make them and they won't fall off like those...
Lowie
13-05-2010, 12:24 AM
no, I haven't lost one (yet) but as I nearly did at the last race, I was looking out for some spares.
I was actually thinking about using Tamiya-hexes too. I have some of 4mm and of 5mm and I still have some shims so that could do the trick.
thx :)
(any news yet about the gearbox-contractor?)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.