View Full Version : What kind of springs for Big Bore shocks
Team-ard
14-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi,
I'm a newbee with the X11 '08, and I would like to buy optional springs. Is the #S137 kit will fit the Big Bore shocks ? How could I recognize the different springs, because all of them seems to be brown, expect on silver pair?
Do I have to buy some pre-compression springs too ?
Thanks
David
Bungleaio
14-05-2010, 05:08 PM
There are no specific springs for the bigbores and the spring kit will work with them, they are just very close to the shock body.
I believe there is only one sort of pre comp springs too and they are what come in the main kit.
You can tell what spring is what by how many winds there is and also from the colour of the last coil, i believe there is red yellow and blue. I think the silver ones are classed as white.
InsideLineModels
15-05-2010, 11:32 AM
That's correct, there is only one type of pre-compression spring. Most of the time you'll use the dark coloured ones which from memory are 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5 coils. The more the coils the softer the spring.
The silver ones are very stiff which might be used on some very smooth tracks but arent used very often.
We have the spring kits in stock if that helps
cheers
kev
Team-ard
15-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Thank you for your answers...
I'm waiting for my X11 '09 kit, bought here on the forum :) So I have again a question about tuning the droop on the car. Is it adjustable like the other cars adding or removing spacers inside shocks or not ?
@ Kevin : I made a "big" spare parts order on your webshop :drool:
InsideLineModels
15-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for that :)
Yes you can tune by adding spacers but also there are a couple of minor mods you can try to increase rear droop. Have a look at www.the-pred.co.uk as there is loads of information on there.
Or you can pm me through here or contact me on the insideline website with any questions.
Cheers
Kev
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.