PDA

View Full Version : kinwald rear hinge pin


xlosi
19-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know what kind of rear hinge ping use Kinwald his X6?

http://www.xfactoryrc.com/rc/Galleries/2010CactusDirt/2010BKCactus09.jpg

bigred5765
19-05-2010, 11:59 AM
a bolt with a nut on the end imho

Paul_Sinclair
19-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Bigred's got the right idea; it's a bolt with a nut much like many 1/8th scales use. Specifically, it's a Lunsford screw originally meant to be a Losi transmission bolt. It has a long shoulder that the hub pivots on, and the threads start just where the screw comes out of the arm :thumbsup:. The nut on the front helps strengthen the control arm, as loads on the wheel are distributed through the arm better.

Unfortunately, BK has bent some of the Ti ones, so we're looking into other solutions.

hottuna
19-05-2010, 08:07 PM
it's a bolt with a nut
I'm using the same (3mm), and haven't broke an arm ever since. It's a big recommendation!

Edit: It's even possible to use old snapped arms with this solution :thumbsup:

xlosi
19-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks everyone for replies. The broken arm is my problem, I have seen this solution that seems simple and cheap. I have bend the inner hinge pin several times too, but I don't have found solution for it yet.

hottuna
20-05-2010, 12:22 AM
I have bend the inner hinge pin several times too, but I don't have found solution for it yet.

The solution for that is very simple too. I use a 3mm steel rod, from a hex replacement tip, like this one: http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-21993/LOSA99110-Replacement-Tip-cln--.050%22/Detail (if you buy this one, you need 2 of them)

It will never ever brake, believe me.

xlosi
20-05-2010, 06:03 AM
OK hottuna, I belive you. I just order two tips.:thumbsup:

SHY
20-05-2010, 07:13 AM
My word that guy Kinwald is really the ModMasta!

Is there ever any single original part on his cars??? :lol::lol::lol: