PDA

View Full Version : ZX5 Rims ?


annonymous
30-05-2010, 10:15 PM
I have some probably dumb questions about the Kyosho made ZX5 rims:

Are they good quality and designed well? any stories of them breaking or being too hard/soft?

i know the Kyoshos use 12mm hexes, but are the hexes the same depth in the rear wheels as in the front 4wd wheels? I guess i really mean are the hexes the same thicknesses on the front and rear of a ZX5?

bear with me on these guys, i am asking because i am looking at using them on a non-kyosho car, but have no way to look at any Kyosho wheels without ordering them

jim76
30-05-2010, 11:11 PM
the wheels are pretty good quality, never had any issues when i ran a zx5.

i think the hexes are the same front and rear, at least the hexes on the car were the same, so i presume the wheels were too. One of the kyosho regulars can probably confirm this

Col
30-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Jim is right. the hexes on my SP are the same front and rear. Never had a problem with any of mine.

annonymous
31-05-2010, 02:56 AM
what is the difference between the "flush" rims and the standard? did kyosho replace the standard with the "flush" rims? and most importantly did the offset change?

thanks :thumbsup:

SimonW
31-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Same off-set, just a little wider exactly like the proline wheels even down to the tyre bead widths

Col
31-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I think Simon is wrong about that? I have both - the ones with the lip around are std zx5 ones and the flush are SP and FS fitment. The fitment is the same, but I always thought both offset and width were different.

jim76
31-05-2010, 06:22 PM
i also thought offset was different with the new Sp wheels. One reason i didn't bother to upgrade due to needing loads of new wheels

pro4nut
31-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I agree with the two above..
Front offset was changed with the sp and later varients to allow a longer front wishbone and a losi style hub design.

erkan
31-05-2010, 09:50 PM
the offset of the rearwheels are the same