PDA

View Full Version : AC's new blue chassis and motor plate


tony12795
01-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Hard anodized blue......

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/1262/39151127.jpg

MatJohnson
01-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Does the metal chassis offer any advantages Tony?

GRIFF55
01-06-2010, 09:33 AM
looking good mate!! the chassis keeps all weight nice and low and also seems to generate more grip

tony12795
01-06-2010, 02:12 PM
I use the aluminium chassis all the time, I have tried both CF and aluminium chassis back to back and always got back to the aluminium one especially in the wet. I think it’s down to personal preface. I like a car to be nice and easy to drive with not too much aggression at the front. Danny and Si run the CF chassis.

Griff, what do you run mate, CF? BUTT!!

Tony

Legacy555
01-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Any news on price and availability. 304 Stainless version would be nice, bit heavier too....

GRIFF55
01-06-2010, 10:35 PM
i run the carbon chassis mate, but it is all personal preference as you say.
I haven't had the chance to test alloy one on astro yet;)

tony12795
01-06-2010, 10:35 PM
SS steel version is too heavy, from memory it was 450grams where as the aluminium chassis is 190grams.

I don’t think there are any plans to make the SS version, But Jonathan my correct me.

Tony

Danny McGee
03-06-2010, 06:55 AM
SS steel version is too heavy, from memory it was 450grams where as the aluminium chassis is 190grams.

I don’t think there are any plans to make the SS version, But Jonathan my correct me.

Tony

I dont think that SS would be a bad idea. Even it if were just for someone to test it out. From memory, would it not be quite expensive?

You think about all the weight that my car has in it with the Additional Rude Bits that i am running. The only reason i run the carbon chassis, is so that "I" can position where the weight is and change the handling characteristics to suit me. Rather than just having it all low down. As you have both said, its down to personal preference.

Danny

tony12795
03-06-2010, 07:39 AM
Jonathan does have a SS chassis and yes its VERY exspensive to manufacture.

Tony

Legacy555
03-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Jonathan does have a SS chassis and yes its VERY exspensive to manufacture.

Tony

I work with Stainless on a daily basis - I reckon AC could retail a 1.0mm 304 stainless chassis for less than £70. Is that too expensive? me thinks not, when compared to cost of all of those weights.

Should weigh roughly about 450 grams