View Full Version : XX4 - worth getting?
BORMAC
04-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Hello Losi fans!
Ive been considering buying/trading for a Losi XX-4 and am wondering if these are worth chasing down? Is the W.E. the better car to buy of the lot or what are your thoughts? Im not looking to take on the world with this car but would like to pull one out at race meets for some serious fun to run alongside my 501x and Cat3000.
Your thoughts would be appreciated and ofcourse if anyone is considering parting with one of these cars then Im available via PM.
Thankyou-Jason
B44&501xRacerEX
04-06-2010, 01:55 PM
If you can find one it's worth it. RCtech has some pop up from time to time.
I snagged one on there. Mines kinda rare because it has the Corr Truck
conversion for it. Impossible to find these days.
lochness42
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
XX4 is one great handling car - so yes it deffo worth to get it. With little bit of bulletproofing it's very capable even nowdays.
area52
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I (still) love mine and will ever do.
BORMAC
06-06-2010, 06:29 AM
It looks though I migtnhave a sourced a XX4we or 2 here in Australia already. Im going to give it a shot thats for sure. :thumbsup:
Cobra
06-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Losi were ahead when they designed this buggy, had one since they came out
easy to drive,good base setup, which for me, suits most tracks and is still giving modern cars a run for the money
BORMAC
06-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I also own a Catsx which I like but am wanting to give a XX4 a go just to be different. I dont car if Im at the pointy end of the competition so much but if i do a reasonable job of representing an old fav well then thats what i enjoy acheiving.
For me thee XX4 ticks all the boxes. :D
/tobys
06-06-2010, 09:59 AM
XX4 was a great car when it came out and now with Lipo's, no issues with duration (the 3 belt configuration was never the most efficient in the Nicad days when it was originally released). If you can find a nice one and can still source spares, should be a nice car :)
lochness42
06-06-2010, 07:50 PM
I also own a Catsx which I like but am wanting to give a XX4 a go just to be different. I dont car if Im at the pointy end of the competition so much but if i do a reasonable job of representing an old fav well then thats what i enjoy acheiving.
For me thee XX4 ticks all the boxes. :D
You can put SX front wishbones on with little bit of modification. Oh and put also brace on front inner hingepins ;)
U.S.CAT3K
23-06-2010, 10:26 PM
XX4 is one great handling car - so yes it deffo worth to get it. With little bit of bulletproofing it's very capable even nowdays.
Absolutely. I'd never part with mine :thumbsup:
Kiixx
19-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I've been racing both xx4 and CAT3000 in the Swedish Nationals about 10 years ago, and i would go for the xx4 anyday over the CAT, the xx4 is so extremly well balanced out of the box, even with BL and Lipos.
You will not regret getting one, however you need to get use to the "clicker".. :)
Fantastic car! Better handling than anything else!
BUT - don't buy it if you're racing at a high grip track! The belts snap off very easily with high traction and the power nowadays!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.