PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Preds!


MHeadling
04-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Thought I would start a thread and show the preds off!

This is a car Rebel RC gave me for a quick restoration, he has a nice X11 and had this kicking around covered in dust and I fancied giving it a run.

Its one of the first to be released X10's.

I gave it a clean, re-built the diffs, put the updated wing mounts on it and covnerted it to a stick pack layout. Thanks to Lewis at Xtreme RC for the help and parts :thumbsup:

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/pred006.jpg

MHeadling
04-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Here is a pick of the insides, I know the wiring is a bit untidy but I borrowed the speedo from my B-Max and didnt want to chop the wires about.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/pred002.jpg

MHeadling
04-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I used Durga batt strap and posts, resin filled the chassis slots and re-drilled the chassis to take the servo up front and swapped the steering links over.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/pred007.jpg

MHeadling
04-06-2010, 09:19 AM
As some of you may notice I nicked Lewis's shell but Scott has painted up a nice new one for the car.

Its going to be a shame to give the car back, it goes great indoors :)

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/pred004.jpg

Team No Idea
07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Heres my P8, nearly complete, now just got to re-finnish the motor mount and then its ready for shelfage !
And then my X10 upgraded with X11 steering linkages waiting for a new shell to be painted.:thumbsup:

Ashton Armstrong
07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
here is a couple of pics of my car.
14213

14214

14215

DaSloth
17-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Mine :) :

http://hrcc.no-ip.com/P6170061low.JPG

93works
23-06-2010, 07:57 AM
here is my mint 95 pro with serial number on the carbon tub. just need to rewire my tekin 410k and play its tune :thumbsup:

Dave77
18-08-2010, 02:02 PM
I posted on the vintage forum as well ,but here is a pic of my 94 first gen Predator. Made up from spares on an unused chassis.

Cheers.

PaulUpton
18-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Ian, could you put a slightly bigger picture of yours on, i cant quite see it :thumbsup:

Aaran
18-08-2010, 06:55 PM
here is my new bargin xrs. got it on ebay for £65 with spares. jsut for a bit of fun racing at club level. next to my hormann ht2 1/5th for a scale comparrison.

jsut looking for cheap brushed esc's and saddle packs to finish it off.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/aaran_album/horandxrs1.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/aaran_album/horandxrs2.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/aaran_album/horandxrs3.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/aaran_album/horandxrs4.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/aaran_album/horandxrs5.jpg

MHeadling
01-07-2011, 04:30 PM
My X11 lipo, now gone to a new home.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/predx11.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/predx111.jpg

rc_penguin
25-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Here's mine!

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8903/predatorx11.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/predatorx11.jpg/)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2545/img7357z.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/img7357z.jpg/)

Will

andys
26-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Cool rear shock tower !
Where did you get that from ?

DCM
26-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I got an unused shell and wings for the Pred, if anyone wants a cheap new lid for their car, can even spray it for you

rc_penguin
26-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Cool rear shock tower !
Where did you get that from ?

Mr Xtreme himself!, It's a new concept that the team have been trying for a while now.

manic
30-07-2011, 08:06 AM
going threw its rebuild lol should return shortly after 13 years in the garage. i was doing banger racing but due to injuarys that now cant be fixed i am returning to 1.10th of road, bloody hell has it changed, i remember 1800 scrc batteries where te ones to have lol. well now loads of new bit brought and waiting to start again with lipo and brushless stuff.

styleone
08-08-2011, 12:20 PM
going threw its rebuild lol should return shortly after 13 years in the garage. i was doing banger racing but due to injuarys that now cant be fixed i am returning to 1.10th of road, bloody hell has it changed, i remember 1800 scrc batteries where te ones to have lol. well now loads of new bit brought and waiting to start again with lipo and brushless stuff.


Nice to see an old classic mate, nice shots...wlecome to the world of brushless rump shaking buggies :)

Gareth Jones
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Manic,

Where abouts did you race back in the day? That Predator looks very familiar! Any chance you race over Aylesbury way?

Gareth

manic
09-08-2011, 04:10 AM
I didnt race it at aylsbury but the previous owner might have. I use it

Phasels wood and lees wood H.H.R.C.C.C.

purplepred
11-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Here's my early carbon chassis Pred. I bought this a while ago and have been giving it a refurb.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040195.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040196.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040202.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040203-1.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040197.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040198.jpg

I sanded and laquered the tub (and have missplaced the s/n sticker:cry:). I'm still missing a few parts, I have the rear wing, and it's in great shape, but the nosecone and front wing are trashed, and the rear pivot pins on the upper wishbone are makeshift for now, I'd be VERY interested to find the correct parts for this car!

Shelfdom awaits! :thumbsup:

Southwell
11-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I sanded and laquered the tub (and have missplaced the s/n sticker:cry:). I'm still missing a few parts, I have the rear wing, and it's in great shape, but the nosecone and front wing are trashed, and the rear pivot pins on the upper wishbone are makeshift for now, I'd be VERY interested to find the correct parts for this car!

Shelfdom awaits! :thumbsup:

http://altonmodelcentre.co.uk/
They used to have a wall upstairs with loads of really old pred spares.

manic
12-08-2011, 05:36 AM
I have contacted team xtreme for spares for my 95 pro and they seam to recon they
have most bits in a container. I need the diff gears and front wing. But now looking at yours i might do a complete rebuild and clean it looks the tits

manic

purplepred
14-08-2011, 09:27 AM
http://altonmodelcentre.co.uk/
They used to have a wall upstairs with loads of really old pred spares.

Thanks for that, emailed them on Friday, see if they can help out.

I have contacted team xtreme for spares for my 95 pro and they seam to recon they
have most bits in a container. I need the diff gears and front wing. But now looking at yours i might do a complete rebuild and clean it looks the tits

manic

Have emailed them too! I want to get the car to a theoretical working state, but it's too pretty to run now. Plus the amount of work to get the tub looking like that was ridiculous! I sanded most of the scratches out, and filled the deeper ones with layers of clear laquer and then sanded and smoothed them all out with wet and dry. I have to say if you get down to the actual fibres, it's the devils own job to get any paint to take. Lots of "dry" coats later it had enough on it to polish up.

I was fortunate when I bought the car as it came with 3 new driveshafts, a full set of new wishbones, and both the one way and solid prop shafts. It also came with 2 different lower diff casings for the rear, one normal, the other with anti-squat geometry for the lower wishbones, which I'd not seen before.

the only other niggles at the moment are the 4 battery locator blocks, which i have, but that have stripped inside a bit, and the super short self tappers are missing, no big problem though.

manic
27-08-2011, 02:26 PM
my collection of prdes lol a 95 pro witch i am going to do a complete rebuild on, a x11-08 witch is an "b" team drivers car, then my new purchase from insidelineraceing, i am intresed in finding some more bits for the pro and also would like to get a xt too for the collection

manic

styleone
27-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Here's my early carbon chassis Pred. I bought this a while ago and have been giving it a refurb.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040195.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040196.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040202.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040203-1.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040197.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/v8polo/P1040198.jpg

I sanded and laquered the tub (and have missplaced the s/n sticker:cry:). I'm still missing a few parts, I have the rear wing, and it's in great shape, but the nosecone and front wing are trashed, and the rear pivot pins on the upper wishbone are makeshift for now, I'd be VERY interested to find the correct parts for this car!





Shelfdom awaits! :thumbsup:


Lovely example :) the carbon tub is wonderful
:thumbsup:

steeve
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
My Pred x11 08

manic
05-09-2011, 03:59 PM
along with the 2 x11-08's and my pro i have just brought a dtmi and a rally preds too will up load pics when they turn up

manic

restimax
20-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm back now with my new toys....
Special thanks to Nigel and Kev :wub:thumbsup:

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8950/dsc0127yi.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/dsc0127yi.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

InsideLineModels
20-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi Max, glad you finally got it! let me know if you need anything.. i'll be sure to throw in some more stickers to your next order! :)

restimax
20-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi Max, glad you finally got it! let me know if you need anything.. i'll be sure to throw in some more stickers to your next order! :)

Thanks mate!:)

manic
24-10-2011, 04:13 PM
her is my brand new x11-08 lipo and a eqs

manic
24-10-2011, 04:16 PM
here is my dtmi and rally versions too

pieterke
10-12-2011, 06:51 PM
a couple of pics of my 4 wheel animal :wub

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=618&pictureid=4592

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=618&pictureid=4593

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=618&pic

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=618&pictureid=4590

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=618&pictureid=4589

brooksy
11-12-2011, 01:33 AM
From time to time I keep having a look at the preds on here and I think as soon as I get some spare cash im going to buy me one. There's just something about these cars that makes you want one.

Still after all these years the best looking RC car in my opinion. :thumbsup:

MHeadling
11-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes the do look like nothing else out there!

Iv ordered another one to add to my collection of cars!

I think this will be my 6th Pred, 1x International, 1x Carbon tub Pred (wish I still had it!), 2 x X10, 2x X11's

Get one ordered up!

Timee80
11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Wish id kept my x10 phil. It used to break regularly but when it was going it was amazing. I never broke mine like sam did though. He managed to snap the chassis clean in half on his x11

pieterke
11-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Wish id kept my x10

Regrets allways comes to late :bored:

btw best therapy is to never sell it

restimax
12-12-2011, 07:21 AM
btw best therapy is to never sell it

:thumbsup: yes of course.

neil_p
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=4595

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=4596

Finally worked out how to put pictures from my iphone onto oople posts! Yeah I know I'm a computer biff!

My X11 '08 Lipo edition. Shell painted by Graham from Custom Blitz and I forgot to remove the race sticker:lol:

wes j.
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Looking good Neil :thumbsup:.

neil_p
12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Cheers Wes mate, going to even try getting the Durango up on their thread tonight :woot: Catch up with you at Area 51

brooksy
13-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Mark,I had a carbon tub pred,looked ace:thumbsup:. Id love to get one ordered but to close to Xmas now.


Id be out on the street if the wife found out id bought one :woot:

brooksy
13-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Tim,you know Sam,he probably had a 4.5 x12 in it at the time:woot::woot:

brooksy
13-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Pieterke,your right my friend. That if any,is the one car I should have kept.:(

Itsik
15-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Well, here she is, ready for the first round of the nationals happening tomorow

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/373826_10150439690572476_703157475_8992081_9734958 08_n.jpg

And here's one nude :D

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/380796_10150439694347476_703157475_8992097_6708425 77_n.jpg

...

MHeadling
15-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Looking good dude! Best of luck at your nationals :thumbsup:

Team No Idea
16-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey Mark, have you started your X11 yet mate?, i started mine last night, its sweeeeet!:woot:

styleone
16-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, here she is, ready for the first round of the nationals happening tomorow

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/373826_10150439690572476_703157475_8992081_9734958 08_n.jpg

And here's one nude :D

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/380796_10150439694347476_703157475_8992097_6708425 77_n.jpg

...


:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::drool: Lovely jubbly

MHeadling
16-12-2011, 02:59 PM
Not yet Martin, if I get chance this weekend!

I'll post some pics of the new car on here soon............ :woot:

Itsik
16-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Thnx guys :-)
Any way, I made the A-main but fried my rear diff off the start. Still, after 5 years without any racing, I'm quiet happy :D

Stretch
07-01-2012, 05:46 PM
From the bottom: XK98, X10 and X11.

The later cars are mind-bogglingly more rugged that the XK98 - a reflection of how much batteries and hence motors have come on.

I've decided that the X11 is going to be run...