View Full Version : Camber
odanota
17-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Sorry for all the questions but how do you adjust the camber on the pred? I am adjusting the turnbuckle on the top wishbone but I am basicly bottomed out and I still have positive camber... Please help
Lowie
17-06-2010, 09:17 AM
had the same problem,
I added a washer on the bottom-ball-joint, to add camber
Cooper
17-06-2010, 09:31 AM
cut the arm :-)
InsideLineModels
17-06-2010, 09:58 AM
You should be able to just tighten it up unless you don't have a thin enough turnbuckle adjuster?
I wouldn't advise adding washers to the lower arm as this will limit the amount of driveshaft engagement you get in the outdrive. I always do the lower joint up and then continue tightening until it is in the correct orientation so it really "squashes" the ball joint on as this makes the driveshafts engage a little more so you can get more droop.
If you are talking about the rear it may be because the ball joint is mounted more inboard in the slotted hole in the top of the hub?
Also have you checked your rear toe-in? they need to be adjust in conjunction with each
You should easily be able to get up to about 3 degrees without any mods.
Kev
DaSloth
17-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Here's a pic from the back of my car which will hopfully help you a bit:
http://hrcc.no-ip.com/P6170057.JPG
odanota
18-06-2010, 02:24 AM
I think I have it pretty close now... Running a bit of inward toe seemed to help a bit in the back, plus I just was not running the turnbuckles as close as I needed to.
Thanks all,
Cheers,
Roger
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.