View Full Version : How to tame a Novak 6.5 setup???
danDanEFC
05-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I have a Novak 6.5 on the way:D
How can you tone it down for the first few weeks/months to stop me smashing it in to the fence at every turn.
Use the speedo/Radio/gearing?
Andrew Simpson
05-08-2007, 05:55 PM
if u have a decent transmitter you could turn down the throttle travel
i dont know about novak but the lrp you adjust the punch which helps alot too
titum
05-08-2007, 07:59 PM
i have a novak 5.5 in my b4.... just squeeze the trigger gently and not all the way;)
but its cool on the straights... i have 21/84 gearing and the engine and esc are at 50 degrees celsius and i take 1:8 buggys on the staight so:cool:
good luck
super__dan
05-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Assuming you have a radio with EPA just set it up on 100% and then turn it down to say 80%. Other than that, throttle curve on your tranny, I run about -20% anyway. Don't be tempted to just gear it low as the combination of the torque of the brushless and low gearing will make it feel really agressive but just to a low speed. Gearing normally whatever you do with end points.
KyoshoK
06-08-2007, 12:54 AM
run 5 cell or lower voltage packs, or spend $70 and buy a 8.5, you'll have more fun
danDanEFC
06-08-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks
I have followed the instructions in another thread re gearing.
I do have a radio with nobs and buttons on so I will see if any of them can alter the throttle punch/curve
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.