View Full Version : Bloody sand!!!
budfish
20-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Christ the sand on the track put a strange surface to the track today all you had to do was go off the racing line and bang you was sideways hoping for the best. But still a really enjoyable day so thanks to roger for running race control and making today possible with all his hard effort in keeping the club going.
But back to the sand we need to sort it lads so I think next club meet/funday we get the brushes out and give it a good sweep I'm prepared to get there early and sweep the track.
Buds
Si Coe
20-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Already suggested that to Stu. He reckoned it wasn't a good idea to get rid of the sand (its what hold the track down in the wet) but I think redistributing it should be OK.
I've set up and tested my new B-Maxx, so I'm now officially in the 21st century at last!
johnnygibbon
20-06-2010, 08:51 PM
haha i kinda liked it. stay on the racing line you were quick and fast but off it. drift city. think your lazer caused me more problems in the final than the sand did:woot:
maybe thats what i get for trying to mix it with the big boys in the c final
still did better than most of team hopless today though. eh si:p
johnnygibbon
20-06-2010, 08:59 PM
but well done on the bmax. might be you in the c final soon with a car like that
and the best thing is i have gone all retro with my new old car. hahahahaha i love it
mark think you need a retro car,like we had when we was little
with a wire from the controller to the car :p
It was another great meeting yesterday thanks to the Bury guys :thumbs:
That sand was proving quite tricky but I got the car setup properly in the end. At least it was easy to see the racing line, just keep it on the green and out of the yellow. At one point I got so far off line with the B4 it wouldnt go up the brick banking, it just spun out and came back down :D.
Great track and a great way to spend a sunny Sunday.
petemid8
21-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I couldn't get my B4 going well at all. Tried more weight in the back but it didn't make any difference, do you need new yellows when it's like that or is there some other options tyre wise?
Cheers:thumbsup:
bigred5765
21-06-2010, 06:30 PM
we removed all the weight and that helped a lot, yellows are the tire to run as new as possible
TonyM
21-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Carl - thanks for the tips on getting more side-bite on my X6. It really did the trick. A bit too too late for me to ask when it's the final - but I learnt a lot. I'll ask earlier next time.
Cheers
we removed all the weight and that helped a lot, yellows are the tire to run as new as possible
bigred5765
21-06-2010, 08:03 PM
just a shame u were running the wrong mid motored car IMHO lol but glad to help:)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.