View Full Version : Vintage Class
Si Coe
23-06-2010, 02:42 PM
After Johnny's 'impressive' outing with the mighty Maxxum FF on sunday, and given that Rob's been playing around with his old cougar, there has been some talk of having a vintage race.
I'm certainly up for this if other folk are interested. Robs suggested a motor limit to prevent car damage, I reckon brushed as a must, something 13-15t perhaps in order to allow whatever you have.
I think for fairness we'll say a cut off date of before '95 - and its open to your opinion as to whether Chris' 'new' Losi XX4 qualifies. I'm going to have to use my truck as I certainly don't think my XX4WE should count, but its a newer re-release version.
Whiskers - the Cat doesn't count!
Any other takers?
Whiskers
23-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Can we not rename it Cat'95ish :thumbsup: as I could quite like to race in the vintage class as it gives me more of a chance of not being last!
Si - do you need anymore members for team hopeless?
mattb
23-06-2010, 04:06 PM
ive got a realy old b4 with a brushed system in it can i enter with that????
Si Coe
23-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Whiskers - Bad news. After you left on Sunday we got renamed - we are now Team Hopeless - Bmax as we all run Bmaxes.
However, like the Red Bull/ Toro Rosso thing in F1 I reckon we could have Team Hopeless and Scuderia Disperata (Italian for Team Hopeless) as a B-Team with you and Jimmy in it......
As for the age limit - I'm aiming for 'cars old enough you wouldn't bother racing them except in a vintage class'. So old but still viable stuff like XX4's B3's XX's etc really shouldn't be in it. Where that Cat stands is a good question - I guess its up to those that enter to decide what rules we should set.
mattb
23-06-2010, 04:44 PM
so what about my very old and very slow b4??
Si Coe
23-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Actually - lets go for Vintage / Comedic. So its opened up to really obviously daft stuff regardless of age. I'm thinking Lunchboxes, Madbulls and Wild Willys. After all its just for a laugh....
Matt - its still a modern (and good) car, despite the crap electrics! Otherwise Rob could just put a silvercan in his Durango......
rob m
23-06-2010, 07:57 PM
i have two couger's and two mk 3 lazer's,hmm maybe an original grasshopper aswell so i should be ok with it! i think that if we run silver cans it may be a tad boring :yawn: but if thats what ends up il be happy with that,but thinking a 13t brushed limit would be better,not to fast that itl distroy aging/rare belts and smashing cars to bits, but not to slow for the jumps and straight etc, how about the batteries? lipo's??? just a hole lot less hassle charging and we all have them
Si Coe
23-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Lipo for sure - its just easier that way. Wasn't suggesting silver cans, just stick to brushed is all. If you really want an 8x1 you can fit that, but I wouldn't advise it!
Astutekid
24-06-2010, 08:12 PM
So would i be able to run my Astute???
Si Coe
24-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Right age, so yes.
i have two couger's and two mk 3 lazer's,hmm maybe an original grasshopper aswell so i should be ok with it! i think that if we run silver cans it may be a tad boring :yawn: but if thats what ends up il be happy with that,but thinking a 13t brushed limit would be better,not to fast that itl distroy aging/rare belts and smashing cars to bits, but not to slow for the jumps and straight etc, how about the batteries? lipo's??? just a hole lot less hassle charging and we all have them
hmmm, would that original grasshopper be mine rob? Can i play?
rob m
04-07-2010, 08:10 PM
hey! alrite dave,yes thats the one itl be great to see it on the track! lazer is now ready to go!
pugboy
05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I'll try and get the Tomy Intruder up and running, think it has a 15 double in it, I daren't use anything faster in case it lunches a belt. No idea where I'd get another, or any other spares for that matter!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.