View Full Version : Any Ford diesel specialists on here?
Oscar
05-07-2010, 01:54 PM
My 07 Focus requires a new injector seal. It was leaking slightly for a while, but yesterday went completely and left me at the mercy of the AA man and his recovery truck:thumbdown:
Although looking at it, I can see nothing which looks difficult to do, has any one any experience of replacing these before.? Would I be wise leaving well alone and having it done professionally?
PS: it's a 1.6 tdci
mark christopher
05-07-2010, 03:04 PM
My 07 Focus requires a new injector seal. It was leaking slightly for a while, but yesterday went completely and left me at the mercy of the AA man and his recovery truck:thumbdown:
Although looking at it, I can see nothing which looks difficult to do, has any one any experience of replacing these before.? Would I be wise leaving well alone and having it done professionally?
PS: it's a 1.6 tdci
Hi I'm a Ford master tech for my sins.
Not bad to do. But thats from my pesrspective.
You need to remove the inlet manifold which is also the cam cover . You then need to replace the injecter pipe. As they carry up to 1600 bar.
If its carboned up getting the injecter out can ne a pain. As is cleaning for new washer to seat. We have the tools to do it.
Some on here will say do it. My advice use a good dealer or specialist. Featherstone diesel I know of near you are good
Oscar
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks Mark,
As it won't start now, I think its either DIY or a mobile mechanic (otherwise i'm into arranging a tow truck).
Why does the inlet manifold have to come off? From looking it seems the injector will come out easily with it in place. Maybe its because it's the end No. 4 one which is less blocked in than the central one?
As far as i can see there are two clamp down allen key bolts, a steel feed pipe, a rubber retun pipe and the electrical connector. Did I miss anything?
Colinevan
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Oscar...
Mr mrs has a foucus cmax tdci.
Injector seal went on that, it was loud and tickety and occasionally made a popping noise lol.
I think the seals were cheap at less than £2.50. Ford wanted £25 for the seal
Total job inc diagnostic from a diesel specialist with approx 4 hours labour approx £280.
Hope this helps.
Col.
mark christopher
05-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks Mark,
As it won't start now, I think its either DIY or a mobile mechanic (otherwise i'm into arranging a tow truck).
Why does the inlet manifold have to come off? From looking it seems the injector will come out easily with it in place. Maybe its because it's the end No. 4 one which is less blocked in than the central one?
As far as i can see there are two clamp down allen key bolts, a steel feed pipe, a rubber retun pipe and the electrical connector. Did I miss anything?
you dont have to remove it i had 1.4 in my head which you need it off
ill be honnest, a leaking injestor seal does not make em stop. they would chuff like a steam engine.
a failed injector could, as it would let the fuel rail presure drop, but again they normally run poor
if its a non start id not got for leaky injector washer, all that washer seal does is seal the combustion chamber to the atmosphere, when they fail u get the steam engine effect above.
tbh ur looking at a good diag 1st
mark christopher
05-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Oscar...
Mr mrs has a foucus cmax tdci.
Injector seal went on that, it was loud and tickety and occasionally made a popping noise lol.
I think the seals were cheap at less than £2.50. Ford wanted £25 for the seal
Total job inc diagnostic from a diesel specialist with approx 4 hours labour approx £280.
Hope this helps.
Col.
ford garage would prob quote u for seal plus the high pressure pipe as they are one use only, as last thing u want is fuel sparaying out at 1600 bar, which would easy take a finger off or eye out
Oscar
07-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks! All running now. ;)
mark christopher
07-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks! All running now. ;)
Wat was up with it?
Colinevan
07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
yeah what was it.. Curious to know as well lol.:woot:
Nosey gits arent we ha ha.
Col.
Oscar
07-07-2010, 08:03 PM
It was the injector seals on the 4th injector.
Although when i came to dissassemble everthing, I could undo the injector hold down bolts by hand:thumbdown: No wonder gas was escaping:mad:
Touch wood seems OK now:cool:
Maybe a VW next time John.
nitro nutter
25-02-2013, 05:27 PM
my transit kept cutting out and playing up if i get any problems i take it to yorkshire diesel & auto services behind the asda at morley bloke that owns it is a good bloke good for advice aswell.
Steven Forster
25-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi I'm a Ford master tech for my sins.
Not bad to do. But thats from my pesrspective.
You need to remove the inlet manifold which is also the cam cover . You then need to replace the injecter pipe. As they carry up to 1600 bar.
If its carboned up getting the injecter out can ne a pain. As is cleaning for new washer to seat. We have the tools to do it.
Some on here will say do it. My advice use a good dealer or specialist. Featherstone diesel I know of near you are good
I dont suppose you could recommend anybody in the north east, mark ???
cheers
mark christopher
25-02-2013, 06:12 PM
I dont suppose you could recommend anybody in the north east, mark ???
cheers
Sorry too far up for me
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.