PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Turbo Optima


tsan
10-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Made my first official foray into the world of vintage r/c. Picked this Turbo Optima up today for a bit of a steal.
(click for full)

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0017.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0017.jpg) http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0019.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0019.jpg) http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0020.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0020.jpg)http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0021.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0021.jpg)
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0022.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0022.jpg) http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0023.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0023.jpg) http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0025.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0025.jpg) http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0026.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0026.jpg)
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0026a.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0026a.jpg) http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0027a.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0027a.jpg)http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0028.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0028.jpg) http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/th_IMG_0029.jpg (http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo190/tsan_/RC%20stuff/Kyosho%20Turbo%20Optima/IMG_0029.jpg)

It's in pretty good shape, All it really needs to make it run (other than electronics) is some work in the rear gearbox. The chain slips on the back side when you turn the front wheels.

tymill
10-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Beautiful car!

I've got an old Salute (basically the same car w/ a very period "spaceship" body) that doesn't just sit on the shelf. A few months ago I lent it to a friend new to RC to run at an EPR winter race - and the solid old car survived just fine. (not so sure about the other racers though...) ;)

BTW, let me know just what parts you need for the rear 'box, as I may have the spares you need. If I've got what you need, I'll give them to you for postage seeing as everyone's helped me and my school project (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47903&highlight=school)out so much. all good.

Cheers,
Ty

tsan
10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Awesome, Ty. Thanks for the offer. :)
I don't know if I'll race it, but I do plan on getting it up and running.
I don't suppose you have a copy of the manual for your Salute? I tried to hunt one down for the Optima today, but no luck.

ian h
10-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Will this do?

http://www.vintagercweb.com/manuals/kyosho_optima.pdf

tymill
10-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Awesome, Ty. Thanks for the offer. :)
I don't know if I'll race it, but I do plan on getting it up and running.
I don't suppose you have a copy of the manual for your Salute? I tried to hunt one down for the Optima today, but no luck.
Here you go: http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuel_page/139/turbo-optima-kyosho.html

This site's the Mother Lode for old kyosho manuals...

Cheers,
Ty

tsan
10-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Top drawer.
Thanks!

tsan
15-07-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm putting the feelers out for a manual/wiper speed control for my Optima. If anyone has one they could sell, let me know.
Heck, I might even be interested in buying an 80's era esc to put in it. I'm just trying to keep modern day electronics out of it.

tymill
15-07-2010, 05:17 PM
sorry can't help you with the MSC, unfort... try the wanted section - you never know!