PDA

View Full Version : micro motor


sldmodels
16-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm currently in danger of not being able to compete at the ukmicrox, as it seems like all my electrics need replacing at the same time. I've got the relevant parts on order, but just in case, has anyone got a motor I can buy or borrow on the day. I tend to use a dynamite motor with 2mm rotor in the shark. Thanks if anyone can help.

sldmodels
28-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Finally managed to get round to checking the motor I got the other day, and it's getting hot, very quickly, too hot for only a few seconds run time. I've got a new speedo on the way, and I've got one last brushed motor to try, but if I don't get my electrics sorted soon, I won't be able to do the microx.

Is this normal that these motors get hot quick, or is that more likely a short somewhere on the speedo?

Jonesy
28-07-2010, 08:02 PM
The EzRun system I'm running (6900 KV) Motor runs very very hot after 5 minutes so I've plugged in a fan and temperature is around 78 degrees. Sort a fan!

sldmodels
28-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Got one, but it's slightly too big, and I've spent the last few years trying to find the right size, but no joy.

sldmodels
28-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh sod it, if my new speedo doesn't come in time, I'll stick my SPX in it :thumbsup:

Jonesy
28-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm just running a Speed Passion fan from the speedo I use in the 1/10th. it's enough, doesn't have to be big as long as it's got the air blowing on it