PDA

View Full Version : HPI Savage X Gearboxes & Differentials


sedge34
15-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to ask for the best advice on the gearboxes and differentials on the Savage X. This is my first Nitro kit ever and I am a little unsure on the best way to proceed. Should I strip and pack them with grease or should I use diff oil? Or should I do both?

Hope you can help.

Thanks Steve:confused:

Scouser
17-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi mate, to be honest, this isn't the best place to be asking Savage questions but I might be able to help a bit. The Savage gearbox is supposed to be run dry so dont grease or lube that at all. The diffs are a different metter. I think I am right in saying the 'X' comes with aluminum diff casings which means that you can use scilicone oil to adjust the characteristics of each diff but to be honest, i always just packed the diffs up with grease and left them alone. Hope this has been of some help.

sedge34
17-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi,

Thanks for that I will contact HPI direct to find out more.

Cheers Steve:)