View Full Version : Friday Night Racing
The race controller
01-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I hope you all know by now that we are racing Friday Night (6th August)
The Harper Green Leisure Centre.
Harper Green Rd
Farnworth.
Bolton
BL4 0DH
I think we'll be attending all being well :thumbsup:.
howies3
04-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I am a newbie to racing and this will be my first race. so whats the script, do i have to join the club? and what time does it start?
Si Coe
04-08-2010, 08:23 PM
No you don't have to join - you get 3 race meets before you need to join a BRCA affiliated club (doesn't have to be ours, but clearly we'd prefer it was!).
I think was started at 7 last time, but can't really remember. Bring a table, chair and an extension lead for power.
budfish
05-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I am a newbie to racing and this will be my first race. so whats the script, do i have to join the club? and what time does it start?
Alright howie get yourself down Friday night and race all the timing gear is supplied by the club the track is nice and simple which should be spot on for you being new to racing. I won't be there because I'm on 2 till 10 shift this week but there will be plent of lads there to help you and give you good sound advice. Don't feel put off by thinking everyone at the club is fast racers this is not the case si coe has been doing this years and you will most proberbly beat him first time out.
Buds
shanks
05-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Alright howie get yourself down Friday night and race all the timing gear is supplied by the club the track is nice and simple which should be spot on for you being new to racing. I won't be there because I'm on 2 till 10 shift this week but there will be plent of lads there to help you and give you good sound advice. Don't feel put off by thinking everyone at the club is fast racers this is not the case si coe has been doing this years and you will most proberbly beat him first time out.
Buds
:woot::woot::woot:
chatts#725
05-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Alright howie get yourself down Friday night and race all the timing gear is supplied by the club the track is nice and simple which should be spot on for you being new to racing. I won't be there because I'm on 2 till 10 shift this week but there will be plent of lads there to help you and give you good sound advice. Don't feel put off by thinking everyone at the club is fast racers this is not the case si coe has been doing this years and you will most proberbly beat him first time out.
Budsno compassion today dave ???????? Ha ha ha ha ha
chatts#725
05-08-2010, 09:20 AM
....
Si Coe
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Thats alright. He'll be getting used nappies through the postbox if he keeps it up!
chatts#725
05-08-2010, 10:07 AM
You bought a lazer yet si ?????
mattb
05-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Thats alright. He'll be getting used nappies through the postbox if he keeps it up!but you cant argue with him LMAO!!!
Si Coe
05-08-2010, 02:01 PM
but you cant argue with him LMAO!!!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
You bought a lazer yet si ?????
Since I prefer sexual intercourse with women I will stick with the Bmax. If I ever decide I'd like to be anally violated by a bloke with a dodgy mustache and a bikers jacket I will of course announce it to the world by the traditional method of getting a Lazer.
How are you finding Lazer ownership anyway? Have you been able to sit down yet? Still, probably makes having a poo easier......
The Bod
05-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi, some of you may have seen me hanging around Goshen with my lad and my old Kyosho Optima Mid. The Mid is all ready now for racing so will come along tomorrow night with it to get me back in the swing of racing, after 18 years away from it. Wish me luck!!!
budfish
05-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Since I prefer sexual intercourse with women I will stick with the Bmax. If I ever decide I'd like to be anally violated by a bloke with a dodgy mustache and a bikers jacket I will of course announce it to the world by the traditional method of getting a Lazer.
How are you finding Lazer ownership anyway? Have you been able to sit down yet? Still, probably makes having a poo easier......
Si if I was you I would stop going on about dodgy mustaches. You might offend your mrs!!
mattb
05-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Since I prefer sexual intercourse with women I will stick with the Bmax. If I ever decide I'd like to be anally violated by a bloke with a dodgy mustache and a bikers jacket I will of course announce it to the world by the traditional method of getting a Lazer.
How are you finding Lazer ownership anyway? Have you been able to sit down yet? Still, probably makes having a poo easier......i dont think hes finding the lazer to bad his first indoor race last night at roundabout and he ftq ed everyone even dave who runs it:p
Shannow
05-08-2010, 05:54 PM
i dont think hes finding the lazer to bad his first indoor race last night at roundabout and he ftq ed everyone even dave who runs it:p
The Bmax won the final tho :)
chatts#725
05-08-2010, 07:00 PM
The Bmax won the final tho :)yep yep yep, my bottle went under the pressure ha ha ha. well done mate.
chatts#725
05-08-2010, 07:03 PM
been thinking of trying to fashion myself an undertray out of an old chippy tray ive just had my tea out of, but then i realized it may get mistaken for a b max :p:p:p
chatts#725
05-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
Since I prefer sexual intercourse with men I will stick with the chippy tray. If I ever decide I'd like to be anally violated by a bloke with a dodgy mustache and a bikers jacket I will of course announce it to the world by the traditional method of getting a b max.
How are you finding lazer ownership anyway? Have you been able to stop laughing yet? after you beat all the b max es...... corrected that for you !!!!!:lol:
mattb
05-08-2010, 07:08 PM
yep yep yep, my bottle went under the pressure ha ha ha. well done mate.dont worry about that wes a final is luck some times all the good times are set in the heats
johnnygibbon
05-08-2010, 10:08 PM
i will be representing tomoro. new shells. new shocks. ... old driving
by the way has any one got a little wheel hex 8mm i can borrow tomoro. cheers
hopefully the truck will be running to . oh yeah
johnnygibbon
06-08-2010, 04:54 PM
wheel hex sorted
the johnny gibbon getto ramp will be making an appearance tonight.
big air ......
captainlip
06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
id have been there but still waiting for a rear shock tower
jameswilkinson7
07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Great meeting last night. Thanks to all involved:thumbsup:
The Bod
07-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Had a thoroughly fantastic time last night. Some good racing out there. Glad the 18 year old Mid stood up ok, only some minor wear to the tyres. Will definitely be there next week!!!
The race controller
07-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Had a thoroughly fantastic time last night. Some good racing out there. Glad the 18 year old Mid stood up ok, only some minor wear to the tyres. Will definitely be there next week!!!
I hope you mean at the Goshen.
The next indoor hasn't been arranged yet.
The Bod
09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Is there a plan to repeat the Friday night racing? If so, when? Sunday mornings is often difficult to get out of the house with 3 young children to entertain!!!
Si Coe
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Yes we plan to continue, but in future we will be moving to a different hall in the same building. Its bigger, but has a rather slippery floor so we are just sorting out the carpet and how we'll set it up. So no dates just yet, but watch this space.
jameswilkinson7
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Keep the slippy floor... Carpet is for sissys :p
mattb
09-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Keep the slippy floor... Carpet is for sissys :papparently if youve got dirty muddy cars your not allowed in the new hall anyway:p
captainlip
09-08-2010, 06:36 PM
where is this racing held at btw? and whats the cost to take part?
Si Coe
09-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Its a Harper Green Sports Centre Bolton, selected Friday nights and its a fiver.
When I say slippery, I mean ice rink like continuous 4 wheel drifting. Fine for a few corners, but you don't want the whole track like that I can assure you!
The club has plenty of carpet at Goshen, we've just got to move it to the sports centre, which I can't really manage in a Smart!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.