PDA

View Full Version : TC'er returns to offroad


Andrew Twigger
21-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi guys,

Hope you can help me out. I used to race off road about 7 years ago and then packed in for a job and women etc :eh?: ...I returned a couple of years ago but in TC's and have been doing that ever since.

The Worksop series though used to be great and so I have broken the XX4 WE out of retirement and intend to run it for this series. I've looked through the website and did some searches but couldn't find a set up for Worksop for this car? I have completely forgotten everything I ever knew about off road and so would need advice on gearing a 4.5 Vector too for said track. I know a 5.5 would be better, but I intend to run the same speedo/motor in my TC over the winter too for added confusion!

Many thanks in anticipation,

Andrew

super__dan
22-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Look for any of the usual silver red spring setups, that will work fine.

The 4.5 will be too fast though, it's not that big a hall

bigred5765
22-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi guys,

Hope you can help me out. I used to race off road about 7 years ago and then packed in for a job and women etc :eh?: ...I returned a couple of years ago but in TC's and have been doing that ever since.

The Worksop series though used to be great and so I have broken the XX4 WE out of retirement and intend to run it for this series. I've looked through the website and did some searches but couldn't find a set up for Worksop for this car? I have completely forgotten everything I ever knew about off road and so would need advice on gearing a 4.5 Vector too for said track. I know a 5.5 would be better, but I intend to run the same speedo/motor in my TC over the winter too for added confusion!

Many thanks in anticipation,

Andrew

try here (http://www.hobbytec.co.uk/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=1)we ran there last year good set up worked well

Andrew Twigger
23-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks for that fella's.

What motor and gearing would you recommend in a 4WD here?

bigred5765
23-08-2007, 08:46 AM
we ran a brushless nosram 5.5 / 84 - 15 or 16 last time we ran there