View Full Version : Flanged Bearings for ZX5 & RB5
carlin
15-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi Guys,
Just built my RB5 SP2 goes together so well :thumbsup:
But i realised about the flanged metal spacers, has anyone replaced these for bearing ones instead?
I'm right in saying the actual size required is 3x6x2.5mm?
When i start on the FS2 i can change them to the bearings cause they will feel alot better
njc11
15-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah i added the flanged bearings, not sure on the size though.. they are the same for the FS :thumbsup:
When i put them on both cars they took out alot of slop!
:thumbsup:
mattb
15-08-2010, 09:44 PM
nick where in the fs are you putting these bearings pal???
carlin
16-08-2010, 06:43 AM
It's in the steering
njc11
16-08-2010, 10:17 AM
As Rob says, on the ackermann bar.... the bit that sits underneath the forward center shaft your steering turnbuckles then attach to it.
Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:
RogerM
16-08-2010, 11:41 AM
The size stated is spot on ... they come as standard in the RCBearings ZX5 / RB5 packs as I speced them ;)
Kyosho obviously do them too.
njc11
16-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Just so i dont let people down!!
BRG007F
Lol!
:thumbsup:
carlin
16-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah I've ordered mine from RC Bearings last night good price too.
The size is 3x6x2.5mm will make hell alot of difference in the steering ackerman i reckon
I'm going to do this on my TKI2 kit when i start building end of the month too
njc11
16-08-2010, 03:52 PM
I looked into this also Rob... but its a different sized flanged bearing..
Speaking ot a few different folk, they said not to bother?? :confused:
Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:
bkelsall
16-08-2010, 04:39 PM
To be honest all I did was assemble as per kit and then add 0.1 mm washers until I could lock up (overtighten the assy) then backed the bolt off 1/8 of a turn. This is fine and after about 5 hrs running still has no slop. Tbf the bearing option is probably better (and I didn't do this cos I'm lazy), but I think you will still have to shim vertically as the majority of play is due to the machined part of the bolt being slightly longer than the depth of the bearing/bush.
mattb
16-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Just so i dont let people down!!
BRG007F
Lol!
:thumbsup:lol:thumbsup:
carlin
16-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I looked into this also Rob... but its a different sized flanged bearing..
Speaking ot a few different folk, they said not to bother?? :confused:
Cheers
Nick
:thumbsup:
I was looking on the RC Bearing sale they do the right size so i might just try it no harm in so just there is always so much slop in the ackerman after few hrs running.
carlin
16-08-2010, 05:19 PM
To be honest all I did was assemble as per kit and then add 0.1 mm washers until I could lock up (overtighten the assy) then backed the bolt off 1/8 of a turn. This is fine and after about 5 hrs running still has no slop. Tbf the bearing option is probably better (and I didn't do this cos I'm lazy), but I think you will still have to shim vertically as the majority of play is due to the machined part of the bolt being slightly longer than the depth of the bearing/bush.
You & your bloody shims Ben lol :thumbsup:
You done any mods on the FS2 yet?
bkelsall
16-08-2010, 05:59 PM
nah, had a day down at mansfield just running it n working on set up but no mods...its all pretty much box stock. lol. The car seems really good on tyres from knackered minispikes to new mini pins, the balance is the same, just more traction.
If you can get over on weds night ill give u me set up. :D
RogerM
17-08-2010, 09:57 AM
nah, had a day down at mansfield just running it n working on set up but no mods...its all pretty much box stock. lol. The car seems really good on tyres from knackered minispikes to new mini pins, the balance is the same, just more traction.
If you can get over on weds night ill give u me set up. :D
Exactly why the FS is the nicest car IMHO ... it just gets on with it (unless you go a bit wild on the set-up in the name of experimentation ... then boy does it react to changes ... best of both worlds!)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.