View Full Version : Lipo holder posts with thumb screw for FS2
JustARcFan
20-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi,
I'm looking for an alternative to replace the plastic lipo posts on the FS2.
Some alu posts with a thumb screw would be best.
Thanks for the help!
RogerM
20-08-2010, 01:21 PM
May I ask why you want to do this? The current design allows a bit of freedom in the mounting so it definitely won't tweek the chassis as some of the screwed posts can do if over tightened!
If you really have to make this change just use a kit for any of the similar layout cars (say B-Max / B44 for example) and it will do the job for you .... just don't tighten it down enough to flex the chassis!
JustARcFan
21-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Roger,
The only reason I would like to do that is that my lipo's are not tight enough.
Cheers
mattb
21-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Try putting some of that anti slip mat under each battery mate
RogerM
23-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Indeed, a bit of draft excluder sponge or even tape the cells to the straps (what I did to keep the cells and lead in place this year). I have seen people ream out the wing retaining washers to batt post size to gain a bit of extra clamping load too.
If you run without weights under the cells a BRCA/EFRA sized pack should be retained protrusions on the chassis.
JustARcFan
23-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Car is done now, just waiting for my shell to arrive from Jon Miller.
Iv' put 60gr of lead in the spindle between the batteries.
To keep the lipo's tight I've put some velcro on the battery brace and a small strip on the lipo's.
Everything stays in place now without losing the chassis flex.
Thanks for the help.
RogerM
23-08-2010, 12:13 PM
What are you doing for a starting set-up and where are you planning on running it first (track surface type in case I don't know the venue)?
How do you like a car to feel? Nick's set-ups are softer than mine but he sure flys with them. Normally we have very similar cars just a stiffer front end on mine.
Wither of us will be more than happy to help.
JustARcFan
23-08-2010, 02:34 PM
As a start set up I used the one from Southport (Nick).
The next races are all on astro (medium GP Kampenhout or high grip tracks) so I "think" it's a good base to start.
Thanks for the help :thumbsup:
RogerM
23-08-2010, 04:16 PM
At a recent astroturf meeting Nick and I ended up on VERY similar setups except that I ran the front shocks in the outer hole in the wishbone with no other changes.
I believe that was very close to Nick's astroturf set-up and if you like a slightly more gental / less agressive car it might be a good 1st change.
We are always here to help, just ask ... I'm sure you will enjoy the ZX5-FS, it's a really nicely balanced car :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.