PDA

View Full Version : GM 120 Issue - Cogging


dibble34
04-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi All, nothing is ever simple in this hobby!

Having a few issues with the above speedo. On firmware 7.2 and model 7168. I am having cogging issues at low speed when running sensored.

I set the speedo to program 2 via the transmitter and reset mode 2 as well. I have used a laptop and played around with soft start and turning amps down, but nothing seems to help. If i unplug the sensor lead things get worse.

I am using a futaba 3vc handset with throttle reversed and everything set to 100. I am using a brand new 6.5 gm motor (tried a losi 6.5 as well with the same issues)

I am a little worried the speedo is faulty, any ideas? Is there a setting i have missed?

I also set to LIPO mode, but this didn't help either :(
Thanks

Dave

fastinfastout
05-09-2010, 12:55 AM
try a new gm sensor wire

dibble34
05-09-2010, 06:17 AM
tried several :(

sosidge
05-09-2010, 07:30 AM
Have you tried cleaning up the sensor area inside the motor?

dibble34
05-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Motor is brand new, and tried another motor with same results. Feels like a setting is wrong or something

fastinfastout
05-09-2010, 10:57 AM
try reflashing the esc with the latest firmware, reset esc and try mode 2

dibble34
05-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Don't think i can reflash software as not a 2010 model. I will try a factory reset though. Do you know how to do that?

I have made progress, we chose mode 8 and this was loads better, and ballistic with a 6.5 motor! We also tried a power cap in my spektrum reciever which seemed to help as well. Nearly there now.....

fastinfastout
05-09-2010, 12:32 PM
oh yep sorry, forgot it wasnt 2010 model. I was about to tell you to post on the GM forum, but I think you already have. Dont know how to factory reset your one

dibble34
05-09-2010, 01:01 PM
yeah i have, think i know how know, hold the set button. Will give it a go later