PDA

View Full Version : which way round does a xx4 diff go?


liam
05-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Hello all

just rebuilding a xx4 (w/e) and need to check the way ive put the rear diff back.

When viewing from the rear the diff screw is facing the right...is this correct?

No point in putting it all back together till I know for sure and the manual is abit confusing!

cheers

Rob_B
05-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Mine was facing the right side, but i dont think it matters to be honest.

Darren Boyle
05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Head of the screw on the right hand side is correct, prevents the diff from working loose this way round since all "force" is trying to tighten the diff screw rather than loosen it.......

liam
05-09-2010, 08:13 PM
thats the way ive put it in so saves undoing 200 screws to change it!

ta

tyreman
06-09-2010, 07:51 AM
The diff screw should be on the same side as the motor

ashleyb4
06-09-2010, 08:46 PM
I was thinking that Brian but i thought it just me being stupid :p

liam
07-09-2010, 09:24 AM
so mine must be the wrong way round?

Southwell
07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I have always put my diff screws on the left.

Danny McGee
07-09-2010, 01:09 PM
I have always put my diff screws on the left.

YOUR AN IDIOT THEN....

MOTOR SIDE ALWAYS.

Southwell
07-09-2010, 07:58 PM
YOUR AN IDIOT THEN....

MOTOR SIDE ALWAYS.

That is motor side dimsun.

Southwell
07-09-2010, 08:05 PM
I have always put my diff screws on the left.

In the xx4....