View Full Version : Brass Battery Straps for an Fs
FARLEY
06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Looking for a pair of brass battery straps to fit the fs , does anyone know were i could get hold of some .
RogerM
06-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Not required mate, save your money!
Most people are running the car with 60g in the chassis spine and leaving it at that!
I ran my car heavy all this year and to be honest wish I had of run it lighter as when I tested it light it was EVEN BETTER .... and I didn't think that was possible :p
If you are adding wieght to try and get more rear end grip or correct some handling issue please post up and we will go through the set-up and sort it for you, car is brilliant straight from the box but a bit of tuning and wow.
erkan
06-09-2010, 04:58 PM
i have 45g between the batterys and thats it.. the car has never been this good :)
oh and carbon fibre battery straps to fit the desirepower lipos :P
FARLEY
06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Can you get a brass weight that will screw up from the bottom of the chassie into the spine .
SimonW
06-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I bought a 3oz sea fishing lead weight and beat it square and long enough to fit the spine on a flat plate with a hammer cost me £1.50 and 5 mins of time. Mark the holes on the lead through the 2 holes in the chassis and drill to 3mm then put 2 screws up through (long enough to clear the lead but not too long they rub the prop) put nuts on the screw ends and tighten them down into the lead.
RogerM
07-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Nice tip Simon, mine is just strips of roofing lead stacked up and painted black.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.