PDA

View Full Version : item-number for propshaft


Lowie
13-09-2010, 10:59 AM
hello,
a quick question: i need to order two x11-propshafts for a friend. he needs the solid one without the one-way.
Is it possible to buy this item "build" as in the propshaft with the other parts glued on? If so, is there a number-code for this?

thx

Ludo

InsideLineModels
13-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Lowie,

Currently there is no part number for an assembled prop-shaft so the parts are just available seperately. However, I have just spoken with Lewis and the plan is to create a number for the assembly so that we can supply it ready made. I'll let you know when the number is available and when its listed on my site.

In the meantime i do have stock of the individual bits if that helps?

Kev

Lowie
13-09-2010, 12:06 PM
well I guess so.

I'll use the X10-manual as guide to glue one together.
Any tips as I have never done this before and I'm certain Pieterke will ask for my advice on how to glue this?

Any particular type of epoxy to use?

Lowie
13-09-2010, 12:09 PM
and am I right when thinking that I need

Slipper Clutch Flanged XT018
Propshaft XT021
and Prop Shaft Coupling XT022

to build one?

Lowie
13-09-2010, 12:12 PM
...
In the meantime i do have stock of the individual bits if that helps?

Kev

but on your site it says: " ***out of stock - sorry *** " for XT018, xt021 and xt022?

InsideLineModels
13-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, they are the parts as long as you intend to reuse the the springs, nut and slipper plate from your previous one.

I just roughen the internal surfaces up on the ally parts inside the bore and also the external surfaces of the shaft before gluing. also degrease thoroughly with motor cleaner or somethign similar.

I use a thin superglue but you have to be quick to make sure the parts are fully home before the glue cures.

A safer way would be to use a 2 part epoxy which will cure slower.

Hope this helps

migsy
13-09-2010, 12:27 PM
lowie,

If you decide to do the assmbly your self, you will find it good to use the chassis as your setting template.

glue the parts then drop them in the chassis to set. dont use super-glue as it just breaks away. epoxy is a popular one for the job.:thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
13-09-2010, 12:30 PM
but on your site it says: " ***out of stock - sorry *** " for XT018, xt021 and xt022?

Are you looking at the correct site? There is 1 of each in stock.

Lowie
13-09-2010, 12:46 PM
aha, that's why: i needed 2 of every part

order send. Pieterke will have to start with 1 propshaft and no spare then.

InsideLineModels
13-09-2010, 08:59 PM
We can usually get bits in within 2 days so if there is ever anything you need that we don't have in stock, let us know by contacting us on [email protected] and we'll sort it out as quick as possible.

Thanks for the order though Lowie, it is packed and will be sent in the morning.

Cheers
Kev

Lowie
13-09-2010, 09:44 PM
thx mate ;)
you're the best :)

pieterke
13-09-2010, 11:23 PM
wow I see lowie did allready all my work, nice:thumbsup:
Thank you guys

cheers