Log in

View Full Version : Need help from tv bods


PaulRotheram
15-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Well I've not got a clue about tvs, I currently have a 22 inch goodmans tv in my room, got freeview and hd tv but the view point does my head in as if I'm sitting too low or high the picture looks dark, especially annoying playin games when on dark levels.

Now I'm after a bigger tv, looking at a 32" and found this:
LG 32" LCD TV 32LD320

LG 32" LCD TV 32LD320
32 Inch LCD HD Ready TV
Digital Freeview
Energy saving with intelligent sensor
Picture wizard
Clear 2 Voice technology
Invisible speakers
ISF certification
Cinema mode
Game mode
Sports mode
2 HDMI inputs
Resolution 1366 x 768
Contrast ratio 3,00,000:1
Dimensions (without stand) (mm) 805 x 528 x 79.9
60,000 Hour life span
Anti-dazzling eye care
Aspect ratio correction - 8 modes

Now I've no idea what the above means, but the tv retails at 299 but is on offer at a shop near me for one day only at 179.
Any ideas if this would be a good purchase?
I'd appreciate some honest advice as I'd farther wait and have something I'll enjoy rather than do my head in like the current one I have.

Forgot to add, I'm and avid xbox live user, and watch films quite frequently if that makes any difference for what I need.

wacattack
15-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Well I've not got a clue about tvs, I currently have a 22 inch goodmans tv in my room, got freeview and hd tv but the view point does my head in as if I'm sitting too low or high the picture looks dark, especially annoying playin games when on dark levels.

Now I'm after a bigger tv, looking at a 32" and found this:
LG 32" LCD TV 32LD320

LG 32" LCD TV 32LD320
32 Inch LCD HD Ready TV
Digital Freeview
Energy saving with intelligent sensor
Picture wizard
Clear 2 Voice technology
Invisible speakers
ISF certification
Cinema mode
Game mode
Sports mode
2 HDMI inputs
Resolution 1366 x 768
Contrast ratio 3,00,000:1
Dimensions (without stand) (mm) 805 x 528 x 79.9
60,000 Hour life span
Anti-dazzling eye care
Aspect ratio correction - 8 modes

Now I've no idea what the above means, but the tv retails at 299 but is on offer at a shop near me for one day only at 179.
Any ideas if this would be a good purchase?
I'd appreciate some honest advice as I'd farther wait and have something I'll enjoy rather than do my head in like the current one I have.

Forgot to add, I'm and avid xbox live user, and watch films quite frequently if that makes any difference for what I need.

Only 32", you not fancy a bit bigger?

wacattack
15-09-2010, 06:15 PM
PS for that price then it seems a pretty good deal

David Church
15-09-2010, 06:21 PM
That does seem cheap, what shop is that??? I have been looking for a new tv for my room!!!

PaulRotheram
15-09-2010, 06:23 PM
It's just to go in my bedroom, I'd like bigger as everyone would, but I'm looking at 300 max for what I'm after.. and for that range 32" seems the goin rate-price ratio. Just saw this and thought for the price I'd have plenty of change left over!

markwilliamson2001
15-09-2010, 06:29 PM
LG's are okay...
My sister has one and its pretty good. Certainly better than the upscaling on my mother in laws samsung, YUK!

I am a Sony man through and through, but Panasonic seem to be doing lots of deals at the moment. We got £100 off for an old, not even working CRT monitor from work, in a cashback deal!!!

HTH a bit.

Mark

Southwell
15-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Forgot to add, I'm and avid xbox live user, and watch films quite frequently if that makes any difference for what I need.

Since when biatch? Ive had one for ages and uve never said you got live.

PaulRotheram
15-09-2010, 06:39 PM
So for the price the lgs, more specific this one would be a good buy?
I'd love to spend loads on a huge tv but realistically just for somethin that's in my room it'd be abit overkill.

Ian I've been on live for years, add me up:
Paul870
Currently playing halo reach ( kicks ass ) battlefield bad company 2 and waiting for medal of honour and COD black ops.

PaulRotheram
15-09-2010, 08:41 PM
That does seem cheap, what shop is that??? I have been looking for a new tv for my room!!!

Only just seen this sorry dc! It's from tj Hughes but for one day only (tomorrow)

Southwell
16-09-2010, 04:39 PM
So for the price the lgs, more specific this one would be a good buy?
I'd love to spend loads on a huge tv but realistically just for somethin that's in my room it'd be abit overkill.

Ian I've been on live for years, add me up:
Paul870
Currently playing halo reach ( kicks ass ) battlefield bad company 2 and waiting for medal of honour and COD black ops.

Added, i only have forza lol.